A Hunting Label

Trappeur

I happened to be on Fillmores site yesterday looking at jars and lids and happened on some new lids (camoflauge lids)  they have out that fit on canning jars.  I just loved these so I got to thinking of what I could do for a different design candle for a couple possible accounts that might be interested in these things.  Well that is what I think....I don't know...but my mind was a going.  I don't know if someone would be interested but you never know until you try, right?  One account I am going to, Ace Hardware I'll be going there next week for my presentation and I was thinking....they have a huge gun department.  Well wouldn't it be cool to bring in something like this?  Then I was thinking of guys standing around in the gun department and wondering....would guys even be interested in a candle.?....nope I really don't think so.  Then there are a lot of woman hunters up here in Georgia and maybe it might appeal to them...I don't know.  It's a shot in the dark.  I would just offer maybe 6 fragrances ...I don't know which ones..definitely would need a pine like Balsam Fir, 

maybe some type of cedar, maybe a tobacco blend.   These are just a few that come to my mind.  Well I wanted to get others opinions and suggestions on what I've done so far...Don't know what jar I will do a sample in, but it has to be a canning jar, but I can decide on that this week.

Ok here are what the lids look like from Fillmore.

camo%20lids%20from%20fillmore.jpg

Now this is what I came up with so far, for a label.  I found this cool design of a hunting license but it is for Zombies....lol.  I like it......  It doesn't promote killing of animals even though this is a camo design and it made me feel better because of my love of animals.  I did a green background which reminded me of a forest ranger's shirt and then I put the Zombie license on top....You like or hate?   I was thinking of doing the 8oz square mason jar. I thought it was a bit over kill to do a camo label to match the lid but this label with camo lid I think compliments each other.     So what do you all think?  Chuck this whole idea and forget  it or go for it?  I really want to do it...............Looking forward to hearing everyone's input......Trappeur

hunting%20sticker.jpg

• Like 3

Actually Fillmore has been carrying those camouflage lids for a couple years now. I once thought of getting some but they just don't fit any of my biz color themes. I get emails from them all the time. I think you would enjoy them so sign up for them. They don't just do candle jars, they do canning in general. So they send out emails with canning tips, recipes, new canning techniques, new jars (candle and food), lids, new fragrances, etc. Anything new that they get they send out an email announcement. I love their canning recipes and tips.

I love those labels for them. They're a hoot! Cool idea. Could turn into some good cashola if you market them right!

Wanted to add that I believe that a portion of the camouflage lid sales goes to the Wounded Warrier Project. So if you use them I would let customers know as its a great selling point. Everyone appreciates our soldiers!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

No kidding, they have had them for years?   I never saw them!  Wow, I'm glad you told me about the Wounded Warrier Project.  I will definitely tell them that.  Matter of fact I'm placing an order with Zazzle for some labels, so I'll go and design a big card or something and put that writing into effect!  Great marketing ploy.....thanks Candybee!

Trappeur

10 hours ago, Belinda said:

Do you design your labels on zazzle? They always look so professional. I want to try making a more professional label for my products. 

I'd thought about getting some of those lids myself since people here in Texas LOVE their camo LOL!

Yes, I get them all from Zazzle Belinda,  Have been for years.

But they are very limited for sizes, which really stinks, but I have made them work for me,

They are called stickers "not labels".  They do them square, rectangular, in hearts, and round.  The sizes they offer are 1 1/2" or 3"...pretty pathetic so I struggle all the time picking out jars that will accept only these size labels, but I've made them work for me.  But their prices are so awesome.

They have sales every day that they send emails out.  I have never paid full price for any label ("sticker).  I always order them at 1/2price or 60% off.  It ends up like 12 cents a label.  And they have no minimums.

Trappeur

• 3 weeks later...