My Valentine's Day Lagels

Trappeur

I just got done designing these labels for my apple orchard account.  They will going on 8oz tins on the lids and the tops of the large 32oz canning jars.

I can't decide which one I like the best.  I will be ordering tomorrow.

Could use some votes from everyone on which one you like.

Thanks...

Oh yes, any critiquing by all means, I'm open ears!

I'm keeping scents to just 5.

Macintosh Apple

Peach Nectar which I'm labeling "Tickle Me Peach"

Cinnamon (I need a name and could use some help here but I would like the word cinnamon to be in the name)

Chocolate (I've named that Chocolate Kisses)

I was thinking maybe a floral but can't decide, maybe Daffodil from Fillmore?  I don't know and could use some help here.

SO WHICH LABEL DO YOU LIKE THE BEST?  #1 OR #2?

Trappeur

Merciers%20Round%20Valentine%20Label%201

#2Merciers%20Round%20Valentine%20Label%202

• Like 3

Both!!!! (I know smart donkey rear end answer) You did such a great job on both of them it is such a hard choice. Well I do agree with lovely with the elegance of #2, but I think I like #1 , with the happy valentines day font of  #2 . Whatever you choose you can not go wrong. Great Job!:)

Love them both burn my eye is drawn to #2 more - love the red font on all white background 

now for a floral I would do Rose- sensual black rose ? from elements and call it sensual Rose or plain old sensual 

the cinnamon I like red hot cinnamon or burning love

whatever you do will be perfect though, it always is ?

• Like 1

Love'm!
I like #2 the best as well, but I also think #1's font should be on #2...  

ETA: Actually looking a bit closer  I think the word order of #1 is better than #2... The fluidity of the word concepts just works better in #1 because the last thing that they read is the name of the Orchard...   So my final vote is wording and font of #1 on label #2.

Edited by Sponiebr
Note about language.
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2017 at 9:50 PM, Trappeur said:

I just got done designing these labels for my apple orchard account.  They will going on 8oz tins on the lids and the tops of the large 32oz canning jars.

Trappeur,

How are you wicking the 32 ounce canning jars so the jars don't get too hot?  I don't plan on making that big of a candle, just wondering. :)

Goldie

Well like Barbara and KK said, that is just what I did....I used both....I'll put up pictures when I get back from town.  I even revamped the labels a bit.

I did change all the fonts to the one like on #1 that everyone suggested.  I put Merciers on the bottoms of both labels too and it looks better and figured out names for all of them too.  Be back in a bit.  Thanks everyone!

Trappeur

15 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Trappeur,

How are you wicking the 32 ounce canning jars so the jars don't get too hot?  I don't plan on making that big of a candle, just wondering. :)

Goldie

1 cd 20 is perfect Goldie.  Being that it has a neck too, the jar doesn't get hot and I can pick it up no problemo......

I made a beautiful collection of these for my apple orchard account for the Holidays, chalk painted them and detailed on the neck with eucalyptus,  and rusted bells and twine and they came out lovely.  I 'll put up some pictures...

Trappeur

Wow !!! Just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Where did you get those flowers?  Are they like a pewter color?  I would like some like that.  Also did you wrap twine around the neck and just glue the flowers on?  Looks like you sprayed the lids too.....just beautiful!

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Wow !!! Just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Where did you get those flowers?  Are they like a pewter color?  I would like some like that.  Also did you wrap twine around the neck and just glue the flowers on  Looks like you sprayed the lids too.....just beautiful!

Trappeur

Thanks!.  They are from Prima Marketing but are discontinued.  Still, Prima comes out with new flowers every year; I just have to keep an eye out for what will work.  I do wrap twine around the neck; hot glue the flower on the twine ends.  The tops on these are just a bronze cap from Fillmore.  I'm attaching closeups of both.

prima flowers.JPG

caps.JPG

You are so sweet Goldie!  Thankyou so much.  I'm going to go to Prima and check the flowers out.  I would love to get something to match the red valentine labels above.  Actually I'm doing the big 32oz ball canning jars that are going to get the red labels and I need to use the silver lids but that is no problem there.  I get all my lids (the same as yours) from Flaming.  And to cut down costs I'm not doing the chalk paint this time but leaving the jars clear.  They came out beautiful using the clear jar so no problem there.  I wonder what would go with a clear jar with silver lid with the red valentine label? Hmmmm

Oh so your jars are the small mouth.  Geesh, when I told you I use the cd 20 wick, I should have told you I use the wide mouth jars.  I haven't done any small mouth jars in the 32 oz.  I'd have to think a minute what wick I would probably use.  I like the wide mouth for the sheer purpose so there is no black soot.  I think there would be some soot with a small mouth....

Trappeur