Smores FO

Candybee

I was thinking about this a few days ago. I think Im going to try blending one. I have RE samples from the 20 for $20 sale coming,plus I have some at home

At home I have ICS Frosted - Grahams ICS Toasted Marshmallow - Fillmore Cocoa therapy Im just waiting for the Bonfire bliss + REs Toasted Marshmallow

Ive heard its good so I'll have to wait + see how it compares to ICS . Im not that great at blending so Im kinda nervous lol ! Hopefully someone on here has 

tried one - sounds awesome !

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. I think Im going to try blending one. I have RE samples from the 20 for $20 sale coming,plus I have some at home

At home I have ICS Frosted - Grahams ICS Toasted Marshmallow - Fillmore Cocoa therapy Im just waiting for the Bonfire bliss + REs Toasted Marshmallow

Ive heard its good so I'll have to wait + see how it compares to ICS . Im not that great at blending so Im kinda nervous lol ! Hopefully someone on here has 

tried one - sounds awesome !

The best smores I have ever smelled in my life was when I had my shop and I carried the McCalls line of candles and they had a candle called "Campfire Marshmallow".  Was my number #1 seller for the years I had my shop.  They have since renamed it Smores.  I have never smelled a candle quite like this one it was that unbelievable.  I have tried just about every supplier out there for a great Smores....but nothing.  RE Toasted Marshmallow seems to be the #1 fragrnace out there and though I really like it, it is still not like the McCalls.  Actually I'm right now dabbling with blendings to come up with one that I can call is finally what I'm looking for.  Now Indiana Candles has Toasted Marshmallow  and I just got a pound of it a few weeks ago.  It is an awesome thrower but it is lacking something.  I think the rich deep aroma is missing.  I'm blending with Indianas pie crust and also some grahm cracker to it.  I'm also going to try a rich chocolate I'm thinking Chocolate Brownies from Tennessee....yep, can't believe that I'm trying that since they will be out of business in a couple of weeks. ha!  I have tried Fillmores cocoa therapy but I just didn't care for it....That's just my personal opinion.  I know it has great reviews and others love it....but it didn't float my boat! lol...So the search is on.  I'm going to follow this thread and see what others come up with....good luck to all of us.  I just posted 2 pictures I did the RE toasted marshmallow in on another thread of a new jar I did for myself.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I was just thinking of this if your blending....I think you need a campfire in there somewhere.  I have a fragrance from Wholesale supplies plus called "CracklingFirewood"....It is so so beautiful but I could never ever wick a jar with that fragrance to save my soul.  Actually I bought some pillars from a gal on the forum and those pillars were sooooo awesome but that was in a pillar.  Maybe I might try adding a bit of this to the smores blend and it might just work since I'm not doing an entire candle in the scent.  Geesh I had a 16oz country comfort jar in that fragrance made up and I was all the way up to 2 cd 14's and it still wouldn't get a full melt pool.....Just never could wick it.  I've never used another bonfire fragrance or something similar to it...so I can't make any suggestions there.  This scent smell EXACTLY like a fire going in the fireplace and you smell nothing else but that.  It's great!

Trappeur

• Like 1

Will have to try the crackling firewood for wax melts - wonder how it compares to RE bonfire bliss ? Ive never heard of  McCalls are they still around ?

your blend sounds great - I wish I had some of Tennessee's brownie :(  I prefer brownie scents , much richer I think . Let us know how it turns out

Yes McCall's candles is still around.  They no longer sell their flowerpot votives, though.  My favorite is their Spiced Pear.  Been ordering one pear fragrance after another but nothing comes near to it.

I am finding that many of the cocoa or chocolate fragrances remind me of  fudgsicles.  Not chocolate enough for me.

My husband thinks Santas Whiskers smells like a campfire.  So I'm thinking of testing two different ones for later this year.  I really should put Bonfire Bliss in wax and not go by OOB. :)

Goldie

• Like 1

I love NG's gourmet chocolate and also Daystar has one she calls Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. That mixed with Graham Crackers or Hansel & Gretals House (which reminds me of a graham cracker in a way) might make a good S'mores scent.

Texas Candle Supply has Brownies Au Caramel but I haven't tried it. JS had a good chocolate caramel brownie and chocolate fudge cake but I don't see either one on her site.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will have to blend my own if I want a good smore's fragrance.

Moonstar I have Bonfire Bliss and it is a nice campfire scent with notes of marshmellow it that helps. But I don't see it being very functional in a smores blend.

I also have cocoa therapy from Fillmore but it seems like it has changed and it is no longer a favorite chocolate. The one I am in love with now is Peaks Cocoa Bean & Sea Salt. OMG it smells awesome OOB. Haven't put it in wax yet as its a sample I love to keep sniffing and am hoarding it to myself.

Seems like if I want to put together my own smores blend I need a rich dark chocolate, graham cracker, and toasted marshmellow. I don't think the 'smoke' note is necessary but if it it I would use a straight woodsmoke or campfire scent that is mostly smoke with charred wood notes. I think just a hint of a woodsy smoke would finish the smores but would only know if I tried it.

Right now I don't want to go into all the R&D it takes to create a blend. Was hoping there was already a smore's FO out there. Sigh....

18 hours ago, Belinda said:

I love NG's gourmet chocolate and also Daystar has one she calls Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. That mixed with Graham Crackers or Hansel & Gretals House (which reminds me of a graham cracker in a way) might make a good S'mores scent.

Texas Candle Supply has Brownies Au Caramel but I haven't tried it. JS had a good chocolate caramel brownie and chocolate fudge cake but I don't see either one on her site

Oh right!  Yep that gourmet chocolate is awesome you sent me Belinda!  I forgot all about that.    Oh god....another one - choc. cov. marshmallows?  Sounds great.  Ok, now you all have me on a roll to get making a smores....I love love smores!  

So lets see to do a smores need:  a rich chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallow, a little fix mixed in.... maybe I might add some vanilla voodoo....for depth...

So who has the best graham crackers? hmmmmm

Trappeur

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Oh no! Now we're looking for the best graham cracker FO! The search never ends LOL!

:laugh2:Really!  What a bunch of fo ho's I swear!  I just ordered 20 1 ounce samples from RE and then I look in my cabinet and I see I have some of the same ones.....lol  I really need more oils like I need a hole in the head.....but I just HAVE TO HAVE EM!  They were only a dollar....such a deal..... A  friend of mine just told me yesterday I was as bad as a woman who endlessly buys shoes that she will never wear.....hmmmm..maybe I am...

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kandlekrazy said:

While you're looking for those s'mores fo and trying to use up your old fo's try eating some Jet Puffed S'moreMallows.  Incredible!  It will make it all good.

My cavities are developing cavities thinking about all that sweet :D

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

My cavities are developing cavities thinking about all that sweet :D

They are sweet and big so 1 or 2 does it for me.  I'm not even a big fan of eating marshmallows out of the bag, they need to be in a recipe or really stale.  The S'mores I find myself craving for some reason. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

While you're looking for those s'mores fo and trying to use up your old fo's try eating some Jet Puffed S'moreMallows.  Incredible!  It will make it all good.

Can we add it to a candle?

lol

Trappeur