Our booth...tidied up...Winter out and bringing in Spring/Summer items.

puma52

Thank you ladies!!! I am hoping to inspire people who like myself sat on the fence for YEARS before doing something like this thinking they couldn't do it. You CAN and should do it. We have learned a lot by having this booth. If you have never went for it....I'm telling you go for it! :) If you guys have any questions, I would be glad to answer. We buy from several suppliers whom I would be glad to share with you. You would need a Tax ID# to purchase from some of these folks. Having other items in your line for your customers to buy that you do not have to work to make in order to sell is a good thing! :) Thanks again for your sweet replies! We are all in this together and need to help each other do well in their businesses....like I have said tons of times before....there is PLENTY of room for all of us to do well. :)

• Like 4

that looks great!

if you dont mind me asking what kind of agreement do you have with the store that you are in? (assuming you are in a store) Is it consignment? monthy rent? or a % of sales? 

do you make a good amount of sales with your booth? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Sweeeeet set up! Is your booth in a mall or store? You have so much stuff packed into that space. I know I would definitely check it all out and buy something because it looks soooooo good!

Thank you Candybee! :) Ha...you talk about jamming it in...we do! :) I have taken the "your booth always needs to be full of product" absolutely to heart.  It is a huge building that is divided out into booths. It has wood floors (love them) and lots of vendors offering lots of different items to purchase. It has been hard trying to find a place like this that I felt our product would fit into.  We have had fun with it. We are on the 1st floor which I love because getting product in is a lot easier...you pros who have done this a long time know that candle jars are heavy and odd sized boxes are hard to maneuver.  We just stack up on our 2 wheeler and away we go. Also, this building does not have an elevator, so there are people that would never make it upstairs to shop.   

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Siren12 said:

that looks great!

if you dont mind me asking what kind of agreement do you have with the store that you are in? (assuming you are in a store) Is it consignment? monthy rent? or a % of sales? 

do you make a good amount of sales with your booth? 

Thank you Siren12! Both....we pay a monthly rent and a small percentage of sales...which bites on the months you aren't too busy. We have not been here a year yet and the folks who own this building had just opened it a few months before so  it took awhile for people to discover us....they discovered the building first and then they discovered us....we started selling product as soon as we were in there and also during the Summer....but in the Fall and at Christmas time we did very well. :) It is amazing and SO interesting to see what people will buy...the stuff you think won't sell....it sells. :)

Thanks so much!  I have been thinking of a booth or something.  I have a full time job so having a display in a store would allow me to get the product out there without taking time off of my fulltime job. I would need to use vacation days to go to the local farmers maren't  ( which I do want to do I just can't go every week). I have lots of antique /consignment /gift shops near me I am hoping to contact. 

Your info is very insightful, thanks puma52

Edited by Siren12
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Siren12 said:

Thanks so much!  I have been thinking of a booth or something.  I have a full time job so having a display in a store would allow me to get the product out there without taking time off of my fulltime job. I would need to use vacation days to go to the local farmers maren't  ( which I do want to do I just can't go every week). I have lots of antique /consignment /gift shops near me I am hoping to contact. 

Your info is very insightful, thanks puma52

Go for it! :) I have a full time job too and that makes it SO difficult to do other things. This is like having your own little store....almost. :) Another really awesome thing that I love, is that there are employees to ring up the sales and it is so nice to not lose a sale because I'm not there. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Thank you all so much!! :) You are soooo sweet! I hope you all do this kind of thing too! You do not have to have a lot to get started and you can grow from there.

Edited by puma52

On 3/8/2016 at 8:45 PM, kandlekrazy said:
7 hours ago, 28nickels said:
7 hours ago, 28nickels said:

I love your booth, your packaging and the whole vibe you're giving.  And definitely YAY COFFEE :) LOL I love that sign!

:)Thank you very much 28nickels! I appreciate it! Yes...I loved the coffee sign too! That is exactly how I feel when I blindly go out to the kitchen @ 5:30 am and pouring my coffee! Such a great drink! :)

ok

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2016 at 8:45 PM, kandlekrazy said:

That looks sooo great!  Love the flower cart display.  Wish all my dealers did such an awesome job in their booths.

Thank you kandlekrazy! :) Do you have a place like this where you live?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just set my booth up last night!!!! ? its definitely not what I had in mind but I rushed to get my.candles in because they had an event with 200 people there. 

I was going to put some starfish on the top and get wooden letters to make a sign for my name. And also will have some stuff from one of my friends that makes terrariums. 

I was also going to do blocks of wood with chalk board paint write names of the scents so people don't need to pick them up each time. 

Are 5 scents enough? The bottom little jars are lavender, cotton tree and very vanilla and the hobnail are black raspberry vanilla ( red) and  sandle wood vanilla (orange). 

Other ideas? I clearly have much more to do to get it how I want.

Screenshot_20160429-080350.png

• Like 1

Wow ! that looks awesome ! Did you have someone make the cart for you .... so nice :) I really like the lanterns with the star lids too :)

Where do you get the melters to sell, such a great idea ! I love all the bags with the chunk melts too, looks like theres a lot in there, how much

are they per bag ? Im super impressed + thanks for motivating me this morning. Its another damp, rainy day day :(