"The" Best Buttercream Fragrance...

coffeebean

I'm looking for the best buttercream fragrance out there, would love to find one that's super strong sweet and buttery. Can someone please guide me in the right direction please? I did try JS, BC, CS and RE, so far I found RE to be the best, but wondering if someone else found a great one they thought was a great thrower. TIA.

I think it was Day Star's that smelled good to me but Tennessee also has a good one. The owner, Brent, is sick right now though and I don't think they're taking orders. If I can find a sample of DS I can send you some and a sample of Tennessee's if you'd like.

• Like 1

The owner Brent has passed away, so the fate of TCS is not known. I always heard they had the best. I can't imagine a buttercream smelling like conversation heart candies ... whoa! 

One thing about DayStar is she's great at food scents and vanillas for sure ... certainly she has a winner buttercream. 

• Like 3

The owner Brent has passed away, so the fate of TCS is not known. I always heard they had the best. I can't imagine a buttercream smelling like conversation heart candies ... whoa! 

One thing about DayStar is she's great at food scents and vanillas for sure ... certainly she has a winner buttercream.

Is DayStar still up and running? I stop by the site but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a little while? I would love to make my first purchase there.

Oh my.....I am so so sad to hear this about Brent. :(  I found his obituary and he passed away on 1-20-16. He was only 48 years old. Brent and Kimberlee who ran Tennessee Candle Supply have been great folks to work with and they had some super awesome scents including an awesome Buttercream. I certainly hope Kimberlee keeps the business going.

I read about him late last night and it really made me sad too. I didn't know how old he was but was thinking maybe late 50's but 48! How sad. Just in the prime of his life. I only spoke to him once and he was such a nice guy. When I placed my first order from them he called to talk to me about it. Just so, so sad. Prayers for his family during this sad time. 

• Like 1

Is DayStar still up and running? I stop by the site but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a little while? I would love to make my first purchase there.

DayStar is still in business. I have ordered from Stacy within the past 2 months and everything I ordered was in stock and fulfilled. 

So sorry to hear about Brent, that is way to young. I couldn't imagine how hard its going to be for his wife.

I already tried DS buttercream and it wasn't a great thrower for me. I think I'm going to try putting the sample I have here from RE and see how well it throws. Thanks for all your suggestions.

• Like 1

oh nooooooo....not just for fragrance oils but he seemed like such a nice person. This is so sad. RIP

On January 26, 2016 at 11:07 AM, lisajo said:

oh nooooooo....not just for fragrance oils but he seemed like such a nice person. This is so sad. RIP

I placed an order a couple of days ago and received my shipping confirmation so as of now they are still running the store 

it has to be so hard I just hope they can find a way to keep such a great company running 

• Like 3

Wow, that is great Moonshine.  I've been wondering what to do myself as I need to place an order for a few boxes of wax and oils and just didn't know what to do.  I have a new account that I need to order right away this week and just couldn't imagine not being able to order things that I've perfected, especially the oils being that almost 1/2 the oils are from Tennessee.  And being that this is such a fresh situation that has just happened I just thought it was just way too soon to even contact Kimberlee at Tennessee to ask some questions or even place an order.   When I saw your post Moonshine that you ordered and did in fact receive a confirmation, I did send Kimberlee an email that day but have never heard back yet...so I'm in limbo and don't know what to do and just don't want to bombard her with any questions or future orders when it was really too soon? She still has a couple of bottles of oil that I ordered about a month ago and came in that I'm still waiting for.  So I just thought it will take some time and it's more than understandable.  Maybe I should try and call her and leave a message?

Trappeur

I would leave her a message 

when I placed the order I was nervous and it did take a couple of days - like 4-5

my paypal account was charged and I was in limbo as to call or not also because I wasn't getting a confirmation - it's such a delicate situation but people also still need supplies - then I got my order was received email and same day shipping confirmation - it should arrive Tuesday

I know nobody wants to ask the question if she staying in business so early in her tragedy but I am sure many like us also need to know- I just started using many of their oils and did all the testing and I am afraid to make to many in fear of them closing down and not being able to get them anymore (MW was a nightmare for me) - but for now they seem operational even though it took awhile which was understandable but if you have orders to fill call and talk to someone there and they will understand 

Well, I'll call there in a little bit and see what happens.  Actually one day I called on a Sunday and was going to leave a message because I figured they were closed and would get the message on Monday, but Brent picked up the phone and said to call anytime as they work out of their home.  So nice that man...

Trappeur

I read on their Facebook page that Brent was the one that did all of the internet stuff and they were going to be learning how to do it, but they planned to keep the store open and asked if you needed to order to please call. That was a few days ago so they may have figured out how to do the internet orders by now.

I have tried and tried to view messages on Facebook that everyone puts up here and there is not 1 message on their Facebook page that even talks about the tragedy.  Is there a different Facebook page I should be on?

I just tried to call to leave a message but the phone just rings and rings and then a message does come on after and says the call can't be completed.  So I'll try tomorrow.

Trappeur