Best Vanilla FO

burnsv1

I don't use soy but candle science has very vanilla, Tennessee candle supply has a great vanilla bean noel and NG has Mrs. Claus Cookies and vanilla bean which are both very good. I'm not sure if you would consider those to be plain vanilla scents but they sure are good!

• Like 1

Vanilla Voodoo from Candle Cocoon user here also.  It's the only Vanilla I use cause it's super strong using less than 1 oz./lb and it mixes well with everything.  :)

I have a sample of that. I should probably try it, huh? People love vanilla candles, but i am never happy with any of them. I would love a vanilla extraxt scent without buttery or bakery notes. The smell of real vanilla beans in real extract in the bottle is the best smell on earth.

CS very vanilla changed IMO. I have an old bottle that smells nothing like the more recent.

• Like 2

Even though I had a past formulation issue (with a designer duplication) with them in the past, I would recommend Save On Scents for some of their vanilla scents. they have a plethora and they post ALL reviews, good and bad, so you will have a good idea of whether the oil is good or not. 

I have tried several from them and I think Very Vanilla is amazing... 

http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php/products_id/1211

I have a sample of that. I should probably try it, huh? People love vanilla candles, but i am never happy with any of them. I would love a vanilla extraxt scent without buttery or bakery notes. The smell of real vanilla beans in real extract in the bottle is the best smell on earth.

CS very vanilla changed IMO. I have an old bottle that smells nothing like the more recent.

You're right about vanilla beans smelling great in extract. I make my own vanilla extract and love smelling the beans on my hands. NG has a scent called Vanilla Extract. I have some of it but have never put it in wax. I may need to do that!

You're right about vanilla beans smelling great in extract. I make my own vanilla extract and love smelling the beans on my hands. NG has a scent called Vanilla Extract. I have some of it but have never put it in wax. I may need to do that!

i make vanilla extract too! Once i found where to buy beans without having to take out a bank loan we started making it in big bottles. It makes great gifts. My 11year old daughter agrees that it is the best smell on earth (next to puppy feet)

One day i will step up and make vanilla oleoresin. It's just one step beyond extract.

Have you made the vanilla caviar paste? Take any bean, the shriveled up ones seem to work the best, and stick them in a jar standing up in a out an inch of an edible alcohol. After a week or so they wick up enough moisture to plump up again. Cut off an end and squeeze the caviar paste right out. Nectar of the goddesses i tell you. Bakes so well.

• Like 1

Oh that sounds amazing! You're right about it making great gifts. I ordered 200 4 ounce amber bottles to put it in several years ago and I've been giving it as gifts ever since I made my first batch. I've sold a few bottles too but have given more of it away than selling. Once most people use homemade vanilla extract they don't want to use store bought ever again!

What is oleoresin? I've never heard of that before. I guess I could google it. LOL! 

I will try making the paste. That sounds great too!

Do you ever make vanilla sugar? I've read where you can take a bean and put it in a bowl of sugar and seal it up and the sugar absorbs the vanilla flavor. It's supposed to be good in coffee, cakes etc. I always intend to make it to give as a gift along with a bottle of extract and then I forget.

I can send you some vanilla extract FO from NG. I have a whole pound of it and I've never put it in wax! Like you, I wanted that scent in some wax and then I've never poured it! 

Vanilla oleoresin. Imagine taking that vanilla extract, then removing all the liquid. The paste left behind is great for perfumes and such. (Or for huffing from that delectable bottle.mmmmmm)

Let me look at my stash of vanillas and see if i have that one from NG. Thanks so much for offering!

• Like 1

Personally I love a good french vanilla. Other vanilla's just smell so-so to me. I've been using AH's french vanilla but Peaks and CS both have good ones too.

I also like CS vanilla lace by itself or as a mixer.

C&S has a wonderful vanilla called vanilla pods.

• Like 1