New redesigned label for apple orchard account.

Trappeur

I've decided to redesign my apple orchard account label.  I presently use the 16oz pint canning jar with different lids; the red, black, and rust.  I've decided to go with one color for the lids and i love the black.  I came up with 4 different designs changing the label to a black accent label as pictured below.  I would appreciate everyone;s input as to what label design they like the best.  Here is a picture of my present jar and label.  For each different fragrance I change the background to co-ordinate with the fragrance name.  Now I'm going to do away with that.  I thought a black lid on the canning jar with a black label would make a more smart look and more consistant....so which one do you like the best?

Thanks......

Trappeur

My present jar and label:

CIMG2528_1.jpg

#1 Label:

designall%201_2.jpg[/url

#2 Label:

designall%2016.jpg

#3 Label:

designall%203.jpg

#4 Label:

designall%2012.jpg

• Like 1

#1 because the border is visible but not over powering around the other border. Or #3 without the secondary inner border.

Picky, but would you add the word "candle" to follow "Natural Soy"? Some unthinking person may think it a healthy edible by the label. Mmmmm Macintosh Apple Soy in a canning jar!!! Must be great for my holiday baking :D

#1 because the border is visible but not over powering around the other border. Or #3 without the secondary inner border.

Picky, but would you add the word "candle" to follow "Natural Soy"? Some unthinking person may think it a healthy edible by the label. Mmmmm Macintosh Apple Soy in a canning jar!!! Must be great for my holiday baking :D

lol, your funny Tall Tayle!

Well, I think once they take the lid off the jar and see the wick they will realize it is a candle.....well you would think that! lol

Trappeur

Well, I'm liking 1 and 2 also....I might make the border a tad bit bigger around #1...The reason I like those two over #3 is because I think they stand out a little more with the beige under the apple...there is a little more punch to the label....

Ok, so far everyone likes 1 and 2....Thanks for your responses everyone...keep em coming!

Trappeur

Geesh, I didn't know there were 2 of the same postings here.....hmmmm....maybe I hit the post button twice...

MAYBE ONE OF THE MODERATORS COULD FIX THIS FOR ME???

Hi Dana......

Ok, so you like the original?  ok....cool...interesting...that's ok...I just wanted to do something different to make the jars stand out more.  When I originally got the account I never thought she would want to go with every lid color and I've been making them like that, but something just wasn't hitting me right about them...especially the ones with the rust lids....They were ok....

Trappeur

Thankyou for your input!

lol, your funny Tall Tayle!

Well, I think once they take the lid off the jar and see the wick they will realize it is a candle.....well you would think that! lol

Trappeur

unless they don't pull lids before purchasing... Opening food lids is a no-no in stores. I don't put much past people, especially if English is not their first language. Remember when Gerber put an image of a baby on their baby food jar label and people actually thought the jar contained canned babies?

What!!!  Are you kidding ....canned babies! :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

Well, if they are stupid enough to buy a candle and take it home and open it up and start spooning out the wax around the wick to eat then they deserve what they bought! lol

Trappeur... :) 

I prefer the original design too.

One of the things I learned about making wholesale offers is to limit stuff like size, design, scents, etc. That's why you ended up with an account that uses all different color lids. Better to let them pick one color for all candles. Anyway, as you can see it can get problematic down the road.

Geesh, by accident I put up the same post twice and one has disappeard completely and there were a lot of responses on that one.  Did possiby one of the moderators delete it or move somewhere else?

Trappeur

Sorry Trappeur Mods hid it till I could come in and move the replies to this thread all the replies from the other thread are in this thread now.

Sorry Trappeur Mods hid it till I could come in and move the replies to this thread all the replies from the other thread are in this thread now.

oh, no problem Vicki!  Thanks for letting me know....I thought I was just losing my mind or so I thought!  All is good...thanks again!

Trappeur

One of the things I learned about making wholesale offers is to limit stuff like size, design, scents, etc. That's why you ended up with an account that uses all different color lids. Better to let them pick one color for all candles. Anyway, as you can see it can get problematic down the road.

Hi Candybee,

Well ya see when I first went in with the presentation I did in fact bring her the different lids for her to make a choice of one....but she loved them all so much and couldn't make up her mind and then asked that I just mix them up and use all the colors whereever I thought they would go...So I said no problem.  I in fact told her that my first choice would be just to stick with the red as it was so appropo for the label and especially for them since they are a huge applehouse.  But it was no problem, really.

I don't even know why I have even thought about redesigning the label....I think the reason is because as I was delivering a huge order again the other day as I was putting on the black lids, i really was studying the current label with the black lid and I to be honest have always felt that the label needed some black in it to tie in with the black lid, so I got a wild hair across my butt and just started fiddling yesterday with redoing them and I really really loved them as I'm so into black anyways, so that is how it came about.  I'm in the apple house twice a week always taking an inventory of what scents I have left so I can keep making stock for them as I'm delivering huge orders to them just about every week and as I'm straightening out the candles that are sitting on a black shelf unit I'm standing back looking at the whole unit put together and I know it would really be a smashing look to have 1 color lid with a colored label with a touch of black in it.  And I'm 99%sure she will go for it...she is so easy...

Well, I will try and put a black border around the existing label and see how that looks.  Thanks for those suggestions as I see a few of you have suggested it.  And I thought for sure that most everyone would pick out maybe one of these designs...hmmmmm...But I see lots like the original!  Cool....let me see what I can do.

Thanks again!

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

She doesn't even know that I would like to update the label...I make myself sick at times....I can be a perfectionist you don't know.  Now that I've made up some different designs, I don't like the original anymore! ha!.......Must be something in the air.  

Trappeur

Geesh Tall Tayle, I hope you don't think that I was trying to offend you....I would never do that.  I know you are only watching out for me so I do the proper thing and I certainly appreciate that .  Thankyou :)

Trappeur