The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

I have been following this thread so I ordered a 10# bag of the tart wax. Got it yesterday and threw it in the presto! This wax that I got is soft..greasy and it does stick together when you make a ball. I used their sample of Apple Pie (omgosh..love this scent and crème brulee is amazing and strong) it smells great CT.. I haven't melted yet waiting a couple of days...BUT it is really soft..when you take it out of the scent shot cup it like melt's in you hand's(hence the "gresiness").:/ Thinking about adding some 4794(which I have been testing straight that won't budge out of he ss cups!) :/ So maybe the 2 together will work? Anyone having these issue's?

Edited by kimmeroo

Mine was not like yours at all. Mine was more like 4625 or 4794 with perhaps a TINY touch of container wax. Not greasy and no way would it clump together. I received the daisy petals looking wax, not a slab.

What I got made with it did pretty well but I am committed to not buying an unknown wax from a single source supplier so it is not something I will pursue.

I've been testing my 4794/4627 blend. I've been stricken with the dreaded "candle nose" but I just popped my Amish Quilt AH/RE in the warmer and its knocking my socks off!

I have the 4786/4627 blend going in my bedroom Sweet Pea & Vanilla NG and this is night 2. However its in a Yankee electric warmer, not the 2 in 1 like the Amish Quilt is. I really do believe the different types if warmers I have in the house affects the longivity of the scent throw.

I also put a mix of TCS/4627/4633 out on the back porch just now, harder then heck to get out of the clamshell but will report those results tomorrow night.

I'm an insomniac anymore! UGH, these pain meds (knee injury) make me sleep on and off ALL day/evening then by midnight I'm wide awake til 6 a.m!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I understand this is old, but just received 10 pounds of the tart wax to test less than a month ago.  This is currently how their tart wax comes.  Not sure if it is the version many did not care for or if they brought their old formula back, just still not in slabs.  I also found some pretty large clumps in the mix of it all, not sure if that helps tell you the difference easier or not.  Thought this may help some who still wonder....

20180221_184931.jpg

20180221_185103.jpg

20180221_205446.jpg

On 3/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, lovelyscents said:

I understand this is old, but just received 10 pounds of the tart wax to test less than a month ago.  This is currently how their tart wax comes.  Not sure if it is the version many did not care for or if they brought their old formula back, just still not in slabs.  I also found some pretty large clumps in the mix of it all, not sure if that helps tell you the difference easier or not.  Thought this may help some who still wonder....

20180221_184931.jpg

20180221_185103.jpg

20180221_205446.jpg

That's what I got a couple of weeks ago. I'm having good results with throw but the tops are dimply/wavy and it annoys the living daylight out of me! *shudder*

Edited by Lizzy
wording

• 3 weeks later...

@lovelyscents, I don't remember the wax I had being that squishy. And it was definitely in more of a tear-drop shape than irregular shreds like that.

Maybe they have gone back to the old wax? Because I ordered my wax in the beginning of '17, so just over a year ago. 

@Lizzy, unless I blend at least 30% container wax, every parrafin wax marketed for tarts that I have tried has some degree of waves and dimples. I think unless you have the set up that allows you to cool extremely slowly, or are willing to commit to a second pour, that's just the nature of the beast.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:18 PM, Sarah S said:

@lovelyscents, I don't remember the wax I had being that squishy. And it was definitely in more of a tear-drop shape than irregular shreds like that.

Maybe they have gone back to the old wax? Because I ordered my wax in the beginning of '17, so just over a year ago. 

yeah, definitely not as soft as their container I tried, but did find clumps in the mix.  I do notice the wax has a smell and is messy as far as debris compared to some other wax.  However, it does perform decent.  Too bad Ravens hasnt been on to confirm if it is the original or not.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, lovelyscents said:

@Lizzy did you try pouring at different temps?  How is the throw still?

yes I did...I poured at 175, 170, 165, 160 and 150 even. 

The throw is great! I just hate dimples. LOL
I plan on adding a bit of container wax to try and smooth it out.

I also ordered a couple of his clamshells wax melts and it's a completely different wax. Not brittle like the current tart wax he sells. It's the consistency of his old wax that so many of us loved!! Is Loren withholding the old wax from us???? *shudder* :lol:

17 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

yes I did...I poured at 175, 170, 165, 160 and 150 even. 

The throw is great! I just hate dimples. LOL
I plan on adding a bit of container wax to try and smooth it out.

I also ordered a couple of his clamshells wax melts and it's a completely different wax. Not brittle like the current tart wax he sells. It's the consistency of his old wax that so many of us loved!! Is Loren withholding the old wax from us???? *shudder* :lol:

Now this makes me wonder if he still has access to the old blend.  :faint:

There page says sometimes pellet or slab form to ask before ordering if you're concerned.  So it's paraffin wax or some sort of paraffin blend right?   Hard to tell, not much description but maybe I need to go to a different page, I know their scent descriptions are separated from the ordering page.

2 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

There page says sometimes pellet or slab form to ask before ordering if you're concerned.  So it's paraffin wax or some sort of paraffin blend right?   Hard to tell, not much description but maybe I need to go to a different page, I know their scent descriptions are separated from the ordering page.

I noticed that also!  However, I think the site just has not been updated.  I know a supplier can go out of business at any time, but it definitely feels more promising that they are still around more than 5 years later.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

I noticed that also!  However, I think the site just has not been updated.  I know a supplier can go out of business at any time, but it definitely feels more promising that they are still around more than 5 years later.

I've been ordering from Loren since 2005!! I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I did ask him and he said it was a paraffin wax.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Oh yeah I've been buying from them for at least 12 years but only fo so far.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 9:58 AM, Lizzy said:

I'm half tempted to email him and ask if I can get a slab as opposed to the pellet/chips. :lol:

Did you get Loraine to agree to send you the slab form tart blend? I miss the old tart blend .I want to order TCS tart blend to test again ,however skeptic due to the results not being great as it once used to be . I use 4630/4625 blend with awesome results .I also like CW 129 for some scents . I used to use TCS tart blend in the past ,however my last order was definitely not the same wax .I ordered 10 lbs back in the fall. I hope the mystery with this wax gets solved eventually lol...Thank you bunches !

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Did you get Loraine to agree to send you the slab form tart blend? I miss the old tart blend .I want to order TCS tart blend to test again ,however skeptic due to the results not being great as it once used to be . I use 4630/4625 blend with awesome results .I also like CW 129 for some scents . I used to use TCS tart blend in the past ,however my last order was definitely not the same wax .I ordered 10 lbs back in the fall. I hope the mystery with this wax gets solved eventually lol...Thank you bunches !

I emailed him and asked if I could possibly get a slab instead of pellets and haven't heard back. 
I'm having good results with his tart wax...the only thing(s) I do not like are the dimples and the brittleness. I did pour a test batch with a little CBL 125 added to it. (3oz TCS Wax + 1 oz CBL 125) It didn't smooth it out completely but it's definitely better. Gonna try another ratio when I find time. :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I emailed him and asked if I could possibly get a slab instead of pellets and haven't heard back. 
I'm having good results with his tart wax...the only thing(s) I do not like are the dimples and the brittleness. I did pour a test batch with a little CBL 125 added to it. (3oz TCS Wax + 1 oz CBL 125) It didn't smooth it out completely but it's definitely better. Gonna try another ratio when I find time. :)

I have never used 4627 and have some on order to test with TCS wax .I read such good reviews on this messy wax ,thought this may help to blend with the wax .I am thinking about 10 oz of TCS and 5.4 4627 idk just a test blend to see what results I get.I think if your getting good results with TCS wax now ,maybe this is back to the older version .If I can work with the 4627 without hating the mess I often hear about ,maybe this will be a good solution to smooth out the wrinkles ,if I get a long lasting good throw .I will certainly let you all know the results I get 😀

• Like 1