The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Ravens Did TCS mean to put tarts in fridge when they said to cool them? How the heck would that work if you made a huge amount of tarts?
I use tart molds but what I do is pour them while sitting on an old cookie sheet. As soon as they skim over, I slide the cookie sheet into the refrig. It slides right over gallons of milk, orange juice, yogurt containers...you name it. I think it would work for clamshell the same way.

HTH

ETA: I've put up to 2 cookie sheets in at once without problem. Didn't try more than that yet but between the two shelves, I think 4 could fit.

Edited by jeanie353

I am going to have to COMPLETELY change up my refrigerator and freezer now! I have a chest style freezer that currently is on but empty but it is downstairs from where I pour and you have seen me mention that I am not coordinated, right??

I sure appreciate the effort discovering what these waxes really are. That said, I do not want any proprietary information.

I am in a very different league than most of the rest of you. By different, I mean that I am a rookie hobbyist where most of you have businesses and proprietary information would be a helpful advantage.

I am stubborn. I am not really content with my guessing what something is. I need to know. I am from Missouri and we are known as the Show-Me state. Guess I fit the motto.

Agree with Pita. The sample of the TCS wax is not at all like 6006 to me. It does not have the properties of any soy wax that I have used. It is much more paraffin-like to me. I guess I am also perplexed why I would want to have a wax that is supposed to be the same as 4630 rather than my just ordering 4630 and knowing what I am getting.

For now I will test the TCS wax and make my decision where to go from there.

Agree with Pita. The sample of the TCS wax is not at all like 6006 to me. It does not have the properties of any soy wax that I have used. It is much more paraffin-like to me. I guess I am also perplexed why I would want to have a wax that is supposed to be the same as 4630 rather than my just ordering 4630 and knowing what I am getting.

For now I will test the TCS wax and make my decision where to go from there.

That just struck me as funny......... cuz you've tried them all!!:laugh2:

That just struck me as funny......... cuz you've tried them all!!:laugh2:

I almost said that my list looked like Pitas...but maybe with a few more listed! Naa...she has some I do not but our lists look the same size!

I have tried the following waxes:

KY tart wax

KY133

TCS tart wax

Clarus 3022

Some of these were tested alone but most were blended with others for innumerable combinations because I am a crazy person. Wait!! Perhaps I was not as crazy UNTIL I started blending and testing waxes!! haha!

Edited by justajesuschick

I'm with you on TCS being all paraffin but wasn't going to commit to saying it for sure because I don't know....And there was a hint that it may have some soy in it that came from a person who knew. So, basically I was waffling a bit to error on the side of caution.

Now as to your question of why one would try a wax that is supposed to be the same as 4630 rather than just ordering 463o....Is that in reference to CBL125? If so, I can answer you :) From one crazy to another, I need to try it to see for myself. I feel they are the same or very close from working with CBL125 in the past but I need them side-by-side so I can see for myself and put it to rest one way or another.

Maybe they have meds for this conditon.

You link sure looks and sounds close!

To me (so take that for what it is worth!), the TCS wax is far more like a votive/pillar wax than a container wax. Not pliable.

Yes, I wondered about the CBL waxes. If I could go pick them up and they were the same that would make sense to me.

If there are meds, I CERTAINLY have implicated myself enough to warrant a prescription!

Waiting for your results! :waiting: Are you better?

You link sure looks and sounds close!

To me (so take that for what it is worth!), the TCS wax is far more like a votive/pillar wax than a container wax. Not pliable.

Yes, I wondered about the CBL waxes. If I could go pick them up and they were the same that would make sense to me.

If there are meds, I CERTAINLY have implicated myself enough to warrant a prescription!

Hey! Everyone!

I'm sorry if I threw a wrench into the gears on this thread.

I thought I had made it clear that I have tried neither the TCS wax or the CBL-129.

I was basing my ASSUMPTION on the specifications that were listed for the TCS tart wax and Raven's posting that the TCS owner's mother and not the owner was the one making the claim that there was no soy in it. The melt point and FO load capacity are very similar to IGI-6006 and I know it works well in tarts. The coconut reference and crumbly properties were in my head too. I use 6006 it just sounded to be like that to me.

I, like everone else have a concern about using anyone's propietary wax due to availability issues, but between the two suppliers I plan to TRY the CW wax. My reasons have been stated in earlier postings.

I agree completely that everyone should use the wax they prefer to use. I was only trying to give some assistance by doing a bit of research through a supplier that I know and trust well.

During my discussion with my "horse" we talked about trends in the industry. He agreed with me that wickless wax projects seem to be gaining a serious momentum.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a major manufacturer like IGI develops a wax blend specifically tailored and marketed for highly scented wickless projects like tarts. If they do it probably would not take too long for most quality suppliers to add it to their inventories.

As for me changing over to the CBL-125, I already have tested it in and I know it will exactly replace IGI-4630 for me. I don't believe Candlewic will ship sub-standard propietary wax like I have gotten in cases with the IGI label stamped on the box from another supplier.

Just my opinion. I really hope someone out there creates an awesome tart mext wax and posts the formula on the board. For me, though, I'm done testing my own blends at this time. I like creating fragrances, but blending waxes gives me a headache.

Yep! I'll accept that TCS tart wax has no soy in it. I do hope you all are lucky and it arrives in the form you want it in. My choice would be pastilles. I'd try to stock up on it before the summer months though. I bought a case of beeswax pastilles in August a few years ago that arrived in one big lump. Talk about sad!

Please keep us updated on any advancement or tests. This thread is not only interesting it is informative and perhaps essential to staying abreast of marketing trends.

Thanks!

Dave

How many times a day do you kiss your dogs? I'm more then likely asking the wrong person, because of your neatness/OCD thing! A dog kiss a day keeps the Dr. away! Unless of course you have a sinus infection, then only meds will help!

NO! I am back at work and sick as can be! I have called doctor back as I have new symptoms now. I cannot smell a THING!! Here I have all these new Peak FO's and wax blends to test!!
Edited by ChandlerWicks

IGI does have a tart wax out, I tried it, not impressed.

Dave did you find CBL125 or 4620 smokes or soots? I stopped using it because I was having issues with soot.

Hey! Everyone!

I'm sorry if I threw a wrench into the gears on this thread.

I thought I had made it clear that I have tried neither the TCS wax or the CBL-129.

I was basing my ASSUMPTION on the specifications that were listed for the TCS tart wax and Raven's posting that the TCS owner's mother and not the owner was the one making the claim that there was no soy in it. The melt point and FO load capacity are very similar to IGI-6006 and I know it works well in tarts. The coconut reference and crumbly properties were in my head too. I use 6006 it just sounded to be like that to me.

I, like everone else have a concern about using anyone's propietary wax due to availability issues, but between the two suppliers I plan to TRY the CW wax. My reasons have been stated in earlier postings.

I agree completely that everyone should use the wax they prefer to use. I was only trying to give some assistance by doing a bit of research through a supplier that I know and trust well.

During my discussion with my "horse" we talked about trends in the industry. He agreed with me that wickless wax projects seem to be gaining a serious momentum.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a major manufacturer like IGI develops a wax blend specifically tailored and marketed for highly scented wickless projects like tarts. If they do it probably would not take too long for most quality suppliers to add it to their inventories.

As for me changing over to the CBL-125, I already have tested it in and I know it will exactly replace IGI-4630 for me. I don't believe Candlewic will ship sub-standard propietary wax like I have gotten in cases with the IGI label stamped on the box from another supplier.

Just my opinion. I really hope someone out there creates an awesome tart mext wax and posts the formula on the board. For me, though, I'm done testing my own blends at this time. I like creating fragrances, but blending waxes gives me a headache.

Yep! I'll accept that TCS tart wax has no soy in it. I do hope you all are lucky and it arrives in the form you want it in. My choice would be pastilles. I'd try to stock up on it before the summer months though. I bought a case of beeswax pastilles in August a few years ago that arrived in one big lump. Talk about sad!

Please keep us updated on any advancement or tests. This thread is not only interesting it is informative and perhaps essential to staying abreast of marketing trends.

Thanks!

Dave

How many times a day do you kiss your dogs? I'm more then likely asking the wrong person, because of your neatness/OCD thing! A dog kiss a day keeps the Dr. away! Unless of course you have a sinus infection, then only meds will help!

Believe it or not, I kiss them a lot. This is what they look like. Who wouldn't kiss them?

p.s. they were in a parade in this pic hence the tulle on their harnesses. Normally they are naked.

post-14519-139458509159_thumb.jpg

Now. Back to wax talk!

CW is a very reputable supplier (imo), have bought lots and lots of wax from them over the years. I had a short email conversation with Mr. Bill today and he is shipping me out a sample of 125, 129 and 141. I am going to do one last comparison on CBL125 up against 4630, a comparison on CBL129 up against TCS and 4625 (in melts - not pillars) and CBL 141 in melts. If I find them as great as I did back then and they compare to or beat longevity of TCS or 4625, I'm switching completely over. I will also switch back to CBL125 if I find it burns like or close to 4630.

It's true IGI is available in so many places but if CW waxes do the job, I can get them all there once again with reasonable shipping to me. I didn't mind the shipping costs in the past, so won't mind if I go that route again.

In the meantime, I'll continue to test daily the melts here made with TCS blends and 4625 blends and do CW's when they arrive. In the end, the one that performs the best will be where I settle. Honestly!!

Mr. Bill also explained to me why CBL130 lost the HT it had at that time. It now has what he said a "substantial" amount of soy in it. I'm sure it only needs cure time but I'll stick with paraffin waxes and add a small amount of soy to smooth out the burn and opaque the wax, if needed.

That is today's decison. Now where are those meds?

I think it all sounds great! Everyone has options and everyone who wishes has a plan!

We all have had such different results with waxes we have used and tried. JUST like with FO's! I enjoy all the back and forth and shared experience. This thread has has been a WEALTH of information! PLUS there was a picture of my dogs...

I want to..I want to SO bad! I have a good vs evil battle going on right now. But 8 bucks for 1 TEENY little pound I just can't justify that in my head...the angel is winning for now PFFfffttttt

Yea...umm..curiousity killed the cat...I just ordered the 2lbs for 12.75 *hiding*

Edited by pita4294