The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

4794 and 4633 for me now.

Done with TCS; no consistency, crappy new formula wax that I will use for firestarters! :mad:

lol...We had to try it Ravens or would of wondered forever. Firestarters would be good. I'll use it up for testing new FOs and home use. The pellets/pastilles (still don't know what to call them) were not horrible imo....the other was just better.

Jeanie, what irks and frustrates me is the thought of testing all my FOs again, because this dud wax - which is nothing compared to the one I remember - frankly sucks, lol.

Now, you see, I have quite a bit of CBL 129 here, and I love the throw I get from it; also tried the CBL 125 and was very happy with it. But I am afraid they too could change, just like TCS wax did; kinda torn here with the CBLs... what do you think? Thanks, Jeanie:smiley2:

Jeanie, what irks and frustrates me is the thought of testing all my FOs again, because this dud wax - which is nothing compared to the one I remember - frankly sucks, lol.

Now, you see, I have quite a bit of CBL 129 here, and I love the throw I get from it; also tried the CBL 125 and was very happy with it. But I am afraid they too could change, just like TCS wax did; kinda torn here with the CBLs... what do you think? Thanks, Jeanie:smiley2:

I also have CBL 129 and 141 sitting here that I didn't get to because my old one turned out to be good again. Now, I think I should try them too. Does it ever end? lol

I'm not worried about CW because they have been in business so long, are generational (I believe) and as long as I've been playing with their blends (except the one), they have been consistent.

I'm working now between CBL125, 4630 and 4627/415. I keep going back to CBL125. Can't say yet whether or not it will be the end result one but it's back here again. There is some substantial info worth looking into (imo) on whether or not CBL125 is actually IGI4630. Today I'm doing side-by-sides with them to try and see what my eyes and nose tell me.

I love carols (candles from the keeping room tarts) there are quite a lot of US vendors who make impressive tarts.

I am getting the TCS slab tomorrow so will let you know what I get. Candlescience 1 dollar samples are also coming, so will test it with some of those.

You all have provided us with so much entertainment, advice and I am now hooked on finding the perfect or close Tart blend!!Lol! Then the perfect candle blend!Lol!

Unless memory fails me (wouldn't surprise me), I remember the CBL 125 actually being the IGI 4630. The Candlewic website mentions something about the CBL125 being a great substitute for the IGI 4633 and another one - forget which other one, and the CBL 130 a substitute for the J300 (never used it, I think).

To answer your question.... No, I don't think it ever ends... Do you remember my wax conspiracy theory?:laugh2: There may be somethng to it after all.

I love carols (candles from the keeping room tarts) there are quite a lot of US vendors who make impressive tarts.

I am getting the TCS slab tomorrow so will let you know what I get. Candlescience 1 dollar samples are also coming, so will test it with some of those.

You all have provided us with so much entertainment, advice and I am now hooked on finding the perfect or close Tart blend!!Lol! Then the perfect candle blend!Lol!

I love her tarts as well. She has very successfully been doing this for a long time. Whatever wax she uses results in a very hard product. I might guess that she uses a straight paraffin to which she adds additives. There is nothing about her product that feels as though there is a container wax blended in.

I liked what little bit I tested with the TCS petals. Who knows what I am comparing, though since the results are so varied! I have a few more to test to know for certain.

I made a bunch this weekend increasing the 4630 (which normally i blend 50/50 with 4625) to 75% of the blend. I am eager to see if I like it any better than the 50/50. I also continue to do well with 4625/4627 at 50/50.

My quest for the "perfect" wax is about to end. Like Jeanie, I may end up where I started. But, I will feel better that I took the time to have the experience and learn for myself what I like! The advice, guidance, suggestion and openness that I have gotten here is invaluable! Now, the enabling...haha!!

I love her tarts as well. She has very successfully been doing this for a long time. Whatever wax she uses results in a very hard product. I might guess that she uses a straight paraffin to which she adds additives. There is nothing about her product that feels as though there is a container wax blended in.

I liked what little bit I tested with the TCS petals. Who knows what I am comparing, though since the results are so varied! I have a few more to test to know for certain.

I made a bunch this weekend increasing the 4630 (which normally i blend 50/50 with 4625) to 75% of the blend. I am eager to see if I like it any better than the 50/50. I also continue to do well with 4625/4627 at 50/50.

My quest for the "perfect" wax is about to end. Like Jeanie, I may end up where I started. But, I will feel better that I took the time to have the experience and learn for myself what I like! The advice, guidance, suggestion and openness that I have gotten here is invaluable! Now, the enabling...haha!!

I agree, her tarts are like a pillar paraffin, really lovely tarts. I think she has been making them for about 12 years.

It is a long journey to the perfect blend! I will report back on the TCS wax and also the other blends mentioned when I test them. Anyone selling their candle/tart company contact me!!?lol!

I liked what little bit I tested with the TCS petals. Who knows what I am comparing, though since the results are so varied!

As frustrating as this has been with all the testing, not to mention my back is complaining constantly, I have to chuckle at this thread. So many of us had to try it which would normally lead us to a majority with results leaning one way. Not so with this wax! We have slabs, pellets, pastilles, teardrops, bad results, good results and so-so results.

Karen, according to what Carol wrote on her website, she uses paraffin wax; and I agree, her tarts smell great! Located in PA, if she uses a large supplier, she may be getting her wax from Candlewic... idk.

Last night I poured Orange caramel cake using a "new" wax combo; DH kept yapping that he could smell it "2000 feet away", and that I needed to turn the warmer off (oh brother, it wasn' in the warmer).... he's so full of it, lol

Edited by Ravens

Karen, according to what Carol wrote on her website, she uses paraffin wax; and I agree, her tarts smell great! Located in PA, if she uses a large supplier, she may be getting her wax from Candlewic... idk.

Last night I poured Orange caramel cake using a "new" wax combo; DH kept yapping that he could smell it "2000 feet away", and that I needed to turn the warmer off (oh brother, it wasn' in the warmer).... he's so full of it, lol

Lol!! Lol!!

I think Carol must buy her wax from IGI or somewhere direct, she gets through pallets of wax a week easy.

LOL

I haven't tried her melts. Actually, I haven't tried any melts except the one Scentsy bar I just bought from eBay. I just have to say Scentsy has nothing on us home chandlers. It had a max HT of 6-8 hrs. We forgot to document the time it lost all HT. ALL HT was gone by that time....not even anything left lingering inside the bathroom where it was tested.

Possibly PA is a hint that CW is involved.

The CBL129 is melting as I type. Next up CBL 141.

Oooh, oooh, CBL 129 melting! Which FO? Please give us your assessment when you're done testing it against the CBL 141, Jeanie. I've never tried the 141; is it for pillars? Probably difficult to melt compleey in the Scentsy warmers, huh?

Oooh, oooh, CBL 129 melting! Which FO? Please give us your assessment when you're done testing it against the CBL 141, Jeanie. I've never tried the 141; is it for pillars? Probably difficult to melt compleey in the Scentsy warmers, huh?

Pillars and votives, I believe. That one would have to be mixed with a container wax, I'm thinking or it won't melt...as you mentioned. MP is 141. MP on 129 is 131 so it might need a container wax and do have one poured. I will post how it does against the others.

Am using CC Fallen Leaf.

4794 and 4633 for me now.

Done with TCS; no consistency, crappy new formula wax that I will use for firestarters! :mad:

I ordered the TCS wax (again) to give it another try. Poured three batches of tarts and then put wax away. I did not like the look of the wax or CT. I haven't even tried burning yet. I got out my favorite blend (3022/4794) and was happy again. I love that blend!

I ordered the TCS wax (again) to give it another try. Poured three batches of tarts and then put wax away. I did not like the look of the wax or CT. I haven't even tried burning yet. I got out my favorite blend (3022/4794) and was happy again. I love that blend!

I keep trying to get the free sample of that wax (3022) and I never get it. :(

Not impressed with TCS wax, it is nice, but the scent throw is not as strong as 4786 or 4794 - used JS blonde moment. It was fun reading this thread, but this wax is not for me. I melted to 170, added FO at around 150-160 and poured, left for a day and a bit and the throw was weak imo. I just wanted to update everyone.

Not impressed with TCS wax, it is nice, but the scent throw is not as strong as 4786 or 4794 - used JS blonde moment. It was fun reading this thread, but this wax is not for me. I melted to 170, added FO at around 150-160 and poured, left for a day and a bit and the throw was weak imo. I just wanted to update everyone.

Hi :) ,

I'm not sure but the temp you added fragrance oil seemed low , I think lots of people add fragrance at about 180 and normally leave them to cure for a few days at least as apparently this can affect hot throw. Obviously this could all be wrong so don't take my word for it :)