The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

I want to..I want to SO bad! I have a good vs evil battle going on right now. But 8 bucks for 1 TEENY little pound I just can't justify that in my head...the angel is winning for now PFFfffttttt

Yea...umm..curiousity killed the cat...I just ordered the 2lbs for 12.75 *hiding*

Here's their website and they're selling it for aprox $36 for 10 pounds, so it's aprox $3.60 per pound. http://www.virginiacandlesupplies.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3353602

Edited by HorsescentS

Watch..its gonna be TCS wax..

Or ky parasoy since it looks yellow in the pic..

I should have gone to work tonight!:embarasse

lol ~ I sure hope it's neither.

Doesn't look like any waxes I've seen except KY 133 Versatile. Finely ground...almost like sand even though the current pic shows flakes. I do not have flakes in that wax.

Man, we should be distributors (not). Sure seems the money is in their end of the game. JMO

I've bought wax on eBay when I need more than a 2 lb sample but less than a slab. They do make a pretty good profit on it. We know what they pay for the wax, add in a reasonable shipping amount and there is definitely a profit there. GB are marked up quite nice and would be sooo easy to package up and resell.

Have thought seriously about doing FOs on a small scale, wicks and some wax. It's just the initial outlay that's holding me back since I spend too much buying wax and FOs for here.

Have any of you asked them about the wax? I buy and sell on ebay (not wax stuff, just my own collectibles and stuff) and have a nice score. I'd be happy to inquire about the wax if no one else has.

I did not. Go for it JaJC :)

Edited by jeanie353

I asked and got a VERY quick and nice response.

This wax is a blend. It is 75% soy and 25% paraffin. It produces a great looking tart/wax melt. And, the scent throw is fantastic.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

TY for calling for us! Am sure glad I didn't order. Not that soy doesn't have HT better than paraffin many times, I just prefer not to have the cure wait.

Is your nose better yet?

No, but I broke down and got antibiotics yesterday. Hoping to have a good nose by the weekend so that I can test the TCS wax and the TCS/4633 blend! Also hope to pour some new Peak FO's including that Country Berry Hotcakes! I have a bunch of bottles sitting and staring at me and I cannot smell but one of them (It is Downy Fresh-one I already use)!

Wow, 27 pages! Y'all have been busy!!! Just wanted to update, I am still in love with the TCS and 4633, I've gone through 40 pounds so far, and I've successfully tested 15 FO's. Most I only used 6%, some I had to up to about 8. Ive had great results with about 10 tester's. I am completely satisfied with the blend! My nephew is in ROTC, they are having a car show the 30th of this month, I've signed up to have a vendor booth at the event. Its only a couple hours, so I'm just going to take a few of everything and see how it goes!

I asked and got a VERY quick and nice response.

This wax is a blend. It is 75% soy and 25% paraffin. It produces a great looking tart/wax melt. And, the scent throw is fantastic.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

CRAP....so I spent 13 bucks on 3022 or 6006 LOL! Thats what I get for trying retail therapy while I was home sick.. :undecided. Ah well its a new toy

Take heart, pita, I think most of us have done that at one time or another trying to soothe ourselves when we feel cruddy :-) I don't think that wax is Clarus 3022 or 6006 being that it's in flake form - but, not far off ratio wise.

I don't think that wax is Clarus 3022 or 6006 being that it's in flake form - but, not far off ratio wise.

Marcuset.....are you comparing these to TCS wax? See, I have no idea what it's like in slab form to be able to see the texture of the wax, etc., because mine came in pastilles/pellets. With the ratio....do you think there is some soy in it? I know we discussed this either earlier on this thread or another one but my concern is maybe I should be curing them longer.

Jeanie, I apologize, I've never tried TCS wax. I'm not sure if it has soy in it. I have the 6006 & 3022 - they're just a higher ratio of soy vs paraffin (70soy/30paraffin) - so they're are a creamy slab. Ky's (Rustic Escentuals now) tart wax is flake form & has a higher paraffin ratio in it (65soy/35paraffin give or take I do believe - that's not gospel). Based on the way the flakes looked on the ebay seller's site, this "dream" wax looked alot like KY's is all - not that is is, though. Sorry for the confusion. I'm good at that ;-) What I'm thinking doesn't always translate well through my fingers onto the keyboard.

Edited by marcuset
clarity of thought - not forthcoming today!

Jeanie, I apologize, I've never tried TCS wax. I'm not sure if it has soy in it. I have the 6006 & 3022 - they're just a higher ratio of soy vs paraffin - I think like a 80/20? So they are a creamy slab. Ky's (Rustic Escentuals now) tart wax is pellet (has been flakes too in the past) form & has I think closer to a 60/40 ratio of soy/paraffin - give or take. Based on the way the flakes looked on the ebay seller's site, this "dream" wax looked alot like KY's is all - not that is is, though. Sorry for the confusion. I'm good at that ;-) What I'm thinking doesn't always translate well through my fingers onto the keyboard.

No worries. We switch subjects within threads (which I think is part of the fun of this forum) and I could of easily scrolled back. When JaJC reported the seller told her the eBay wax was a high percentage of soy, I could then walk away without having to buy another wax to try. Soy is fine....I just don't want to wait for the cure.

I found the strangest thing....6006 on its own had better HT to my nose than the blends of 6006 with a paraffin known to have great HT added in such as 4627 and 4630. I'm beginning to think the additives in the waxes when combined in some blends may be too much causing the FO to be held up inside the wax.

Edited by jeanie353
typo

No worries. We switch subjects within threads (which I think is part of the fun of this forum) and I could of easily scrolled back. When JaJC reported the seller told her the eBay wax was a high percentage of soy, I could then walk away without having to buy another wax to try. Soy is fine....I just don't want to wait for the cure.

I found the strangest thing....6006 on its own had better HT to my nose than the blends of 6006 with a paraffin known to have great HT added in such as 4627 and 4630. I'm beginning to think the additives in the waxes when combined in some blends may be too much causing the FO to be held up inside the wax.

Plain 6006 tarts with no paraffin added are very strong and long lasting, and I'd be surprised if anyone could improve on it. It was my understanding that 6006 is only 30% soy and 70% paraffin, but it still needs a weeks cure time.

The TCS wax tarts that Ravens sent me are white, and they don't look or feel like pure paraffin to me; that's why I called TCS to ask if they had any soy in them. They said there's no soy in them, so I asked if they were paraffin and she said, "It's a blend," so I'm wondering if it's paraffin blended with some other kind of veggie wax.

Ravens, do you have to cure your tarts? and have you compared the TCS tart wax to Clarus 3022 or KY's tart wax to see if it could be one of those?

I have not tested the TCS wax yet but just went in and popped out a melt (same FO) in the TCS wax and in 4625/4627 and they feel the same to me. I found BOTH the 3022 and KY tart wax a greasier/oilier feel that neither the TCS wax nor 4625/4627 has. Once melted I will know more.

Has anyone asked what "blend" means? I call my wax blends "blends" but they are blends of paraffin. I'd be curious to know if blend means how I mean it or if it means another type of wax altogether. I will call them.

Plain 6006 tarts with no paraffin added are very strong and long lasting, and I'd be surprised if anyone could improve on it. It was my understanding that 6006 is only 30% soy and 70% paraffin, but it still needs a weeks cure time.

Hey HS ~ Glad you posted these finding this morning. Am just waiting for caffeine to kick in and then am planning on making another round of tarts. I do have some 6006 left from the samples I picked up at Peak so I'll give them a try today too.

I have a TCS tart I'm looking at. To me also, it does not quite look like a pure paraffin since the others I've poured (without container wax) have semi-translucent fluted edges. This one is still quite opaque in that area. I have a Clarus 3022 beside it and the Clarus is more opaque/creamy appearing and heavier. Guess we may never know what that mysterious wax has in it....unless it is the Accu-blend.

I've been blending up just about everything over here for containers, as well as waxes on their own and have been able to weed quite a few waxes out for containers. 4627/415 is still on the short list. 6006 is not but will be interested how it does for tarts.