The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

I just poured 8 different scents in clam shells & fluted molds in this wax. I'm a KY girl myself but had this wax here and decided to give it a try. Anyway for those that use this how long of a cure do you do with this wax? I used 4oz wax to .4 of FO. TIA, Cindy/WI The scents are:

KY: Lavender Vanilla

BCS: Sissie's Sugar Cookie

Peaks: Black Raspberry Vanilla

WSP: Sugared Short Bread

Aztec: Candy Cane Cookie

JS: Apple Cinnamon

CS: Banana Nut Bread

Patticakes: Chai Tea

Hello, Cindy/WI

I use it in clamshells and the Solo portion cups and they pop right out. Perhaps you're pouring too hot? I noticed that if I poured too hot, it was a bit hard getting them out, and had to put them in the freezer for a minute or so. Try pouring cooler. Love that wax! Many, if not most, FOs will last for several days, non-stop (meaning I do not turn the warmer off at night.... me bad, but....lol)

hth :smiley2:

Hey Ravens can you get them out of the clam shell's I just tried the apple cinnamon and had a heck of a time trying to get

it out. The cold throw is awesome just put 2 cubes in my warmer so hoping the HT is as good as the CT is.

so far I've tested candy cane cookie and got about 15 hours and then I couldn't smell anything, That's turning burner on when I get home from work and leaving it on all night.

Right now I'm testing Black Raspberry Vanilla just put it in. so will up date later. But all are very hard to get out of clam shell's.

Ravens I will try pouring cooler next time and see if that helps me at all.

Sorry it's taken me so long to update, we had a death in the family Friday and it's been a little crazy. I was able to pour 1 scent in TCS wax, Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee. I poured 1 clamshell and crumbled the rest. It crumbled very well, great color, I poured at about 145* and it pops right out of the pkg, and has a beautifully nice smooth top. Great CT, and pretty good HT. As soon as I get the chance I'm going to play around a little more, and see how it takes to some Vybar. I'll update more later.

Sorry it's taken me so long to update, we had a death in the family Friday and it's been a little crazy. I was able to pour 1 scent in TCS wax, Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee. I poured 1 clamshell and crumbled the rest. It crumbled very well, great color, I poured at about 145* and it pops right out of the pkg, and has a beautifully nice smooth top. Great CT, and pretty good HT. As soon as I get the chance I'm going to play around a little more, and see how it takes to some Vybar. I'll update more later.

It should have a strong HT without vybar. I called the vybar rep and he said it's only for paraffin and not known to be good in soy or parasoy. Did you wait a week before melting to let it cure for a strong HT? What FO load did you use?

I used 10% FO, I did not wait a week to test, I was under the impression the it was an all paraffin wax, it doesn't say on the site...

Oh, I'm sorry, I got confused about which thread I was posting on, so I thought you were talking about tarts made with 6006 since I had just read another comment about that.

You're right, TCS is not parasoy; I called the owner and asked her about that. Sometimes if your FO load is too high it can tie up the HT, so unless the FO you tested is just not a very strong thrower, I don't know why you're not getting a strong HT.

Edited by HorsescentS

It is all paraffin (plus the additives), it contains no soy; throws beautifully for me. 1 to 1.3oz. pp is all you need. Let it cure at least 3 days. Some believe paraffin needs no curing; perhaps so, but in my experience a few days' cure never hurt; it always helped, so I continue to let my paraffins cure.

GL! :cheesy2:

P.S. Are you positive you received the one for tarts/container/votives? I'm asking because their "new" container wax was a real dud for me! Hardly any HT, with or without curing. Grab a handful of the wax you received and squeeze it in your hand; if it feels sticky, a bit oily, you may have ended up with the dud. The "other" wax (the one I love) will not stick at all (warning: it's a PITA to wick!).

I used 10% FO, I did not wait a week to test, I was under the impression the it was an all paraffin wax, it doesn't say on the site...

Just wanted to update, this is my first day to really test. Poured the melts on Friday, so that's a 5 day cure. I put 1 oz of crumbles in my kitchen burner this morning, it is throwing well, and filling the whole house. If I can get some housework caught up today, I'll be pouring some more tomorrow. Hopefully I continue to have great results.

I had to try this wax for myself after all I've "heard" about it on here..and it is AWESOME! I think I like it better then my KY133/4627 blend or my 4786/4630!! I made Very Sexy for him and it lasted 3 DAYS in my warmer! Truly impressive =)

Oh, wow! Thanks for the review, I can't wait to try it!