The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Plain 6006 tarts with no paraffin added are very strong and long lasting, and I'd be surprised if anyone could improve on it. It was my understanding that 6006 is only 30% soy and 70% paraffin, but it still needs a weeks cure time.

Yep...I stand corrected. It is pretty sweet stuff.

Just called TCS. Spoke with a very nice lady.

She assures me that, in fact, it is a wax blend. A PARAFFIN wax blend. Her quote-"There is no soy in the blend whatsoever".

Okay, but there still might be some other kind of veggie wax in the blend. You can call parasoy either a "soy blend" or a "paraffin blend," so even if there's some palm or coconut or apricot in TCS tart wax she could still call it a "paraffin wax blend."

Hey HS ~ Glad you posted these finding this morning. Am just waiting for caffeine to kick in and then am planning on making another round of tarts. I do have some 6006 left from the samples I picked up at Peak so I'll give them a try today too.

I have a TCS tart I'm looking at. To me also, it does not quite look like a pure paraffin since the others I've poured (without container wax) have semi-translucent fluted edges. This one is still quite opaque in that area. I have a Clarus 3022 beside it and the Clarus is more opaque/creamy appearing and heavier. Guess we may never know what that mysterious wax has in it....unless it is the Accu-blend.

I've been blending up just about everything over here for containers, as well as waxes on their own and have been able to weed quite a few waxes out for containers. 4627/415 is still on the short list. 6006 is not but will be interested how it does for tarts.

I'd use 9% or 10% FO load for tarts made with 6006, since that particular wax takes a higher FO load for me to get a good HT than 4627 which only takes 6%. The lumps of 6006 candles that I put in my wax melter are all 9% FO load. And one 6006 jelly jar candle set on a candle warmer smells up the whole house and lasts forevah!

I'm really interested in your results with 4627/415, so I hope you'll post about it.

Plain 6006 tarts with no paraffin added are very strong and long lasting, and I'd be surprised if anyone could improve on it. It was my understanding that 6006 is only 30% soy and 70% paraffin, but it still needs a weeks cure time.

The TCS wax tarts that Ravens sent me are white, and they don't look or feel like pure paraffin to me; that's why I called TCS to ask if they had any soy in them. They said there's no soy in them, so I asked if they were paraffin and she said, "It's a blend," so I'm wondering if it's paraffin blended with some other kind of veggie wax.

Ravens, do you have to cure your tarts? and have you compared the TCS tart wax to Clarus 3022 or KY's tart wax to see if it could be one of those?

Hellooo, HorsecentS :cheesy2:

Yep, I tried the Clarus 3022 and KY's tart wax; they are not like TCS wax at all.

I don't know about the other two (they are a mix of paraffin and soy, right?), but I know that TCS wax contains no soy whatsoever. However, it is blended with something else, but they will not tell us what other "magic" ingredient is in there, lol

I let TCS wax cure for two or three days, though I have also tested FOs after a 24-hr. cure; the difference in cure time did not make a difference. I do stick them in the fridge; don't know if that helps any, but the voices in my head tell me it does.

Hellooo, HorsecentS :cheesy2:

Yep, I tried the Clarus 3022 and KY's tart wax; they are not like TCS wax at all.

I don't know about the other two (they are a mix of paraffin and soy, right?), but I know that TCS wax contains no soy whatsoever. However, it is blended with something else, but they will not tell us what other "magic" ingredient is in there, lol

I let TCS wax cure for two or three days, though I have also tested FOs after a 24-hr. cure; the difference in cure time did not make a difference. I do stick them in the fridge; don't know if that helps any, but the voices in my head tell me it does.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that the TCS wax does have a "magic" ingredient in there, so I'm wondering what other kind of veggie wax it might be. Could it be palm? coconut? apricot? lol

I've just called and spoken with them again and am satisfied that it is an all paraffin wax. Sounds as if it is a blend of a pillar and a container wax which is what I blend to get my mixes. Likely even be a blend of their pillar and container waxes.

When I can smell again (stupid sinus infection), I will melt these and see what I think compared to my own.

I'd use 9% or 10% FO load for tarts made with 6006, since that particular wax takes a higher FO load for me to get a good HT than 4627 which only takes 6%. The lumps of 6006 candles that I put in my wax melter are all 9% FO load. And one 6006 jelly jar candle set on a candle warmer smells up the whole house and lasts forevah!

I'm really interested in your results with 4627/415, so I hope you'll post about it.

Sounds good. I don't mind putting extra FO in if the wax performs good with wicking and HT. At this point, whatever it takes :)

I am having pleasant results with 4627/415 at 10 % and 15%. HT doesn't seem to take a hit at all. IMO, it tames the burn and opaques the wax....both of which are kinda important for the characteristics I'm looking for.

This will now be the 4th time testing that blend when I do light these up. Just finished burning a set with 6% Peak WMH. They did really good using Eco wicks.

If you try, let me know whatcha think :)

I would be very surprised if you didn't like TCS throw better than the 4786 (yep, I tried that too, lol). Then again, for some people TCS wax just doesn't cut it, so you may end up liking 4786 better, though I doubt it. Please let us know!

HorsescentS, I think there are a couple of places where they will analyze the wax, but I never inquired about the cost.

Thanks to the TCS spokesperson Ravens (thank you), a kind soul is sending me a sample of TCS tart wax. I am excited to get my mitts on it! I hope it throws better than 4786. I would love a 1 wax tart formula!

I would be very surprised if you didn't like TCS throw better than the 4786 (yep, I tried that too, lol). Then again, for some people TCS wax just doesn't cut it, so you may end up liking 4786 better, though I doubt it. Please let us know!

HorsescentS, I think there are a couple of places where they will analyze the wax, but I never inquired about the cost.

Thanks Ravens, I will let you know as soon as I get the wax, make them, let them cure and will note the scents used etc.

Ok, back here to moan and groan. Sorry everyone, but TCS wax I have just does NOT throw the way it used to. Don't care what Loren says, compared to the throw I remember when I was getting it in slab form, this throw is like a fart in a tornado; not happy, frankly ticked off.

Decided to start all over with a new blend :mad:

I was just about to report my findings as well. I received the TCS tart wax in pellet form. I made a batch of pumpkin pie using my current blend of 4625/4630 (both 50%) as well as a batch using the TCS tart wax by itself. I chose the pumpkin pie because it is one of my lighter throwers so I wanted to see if the TCS wax could help in that department. I let both cure about 3-4 days. I put a tart made with my current blend in the warmer about 9am and could smell it throughout a good part of the house all day. I turned it off at midnight. I could still smell it but it was losing steam so it probably wouldnt have been strong for much longer. The next morning I put a tart made with the TCS wax in the same warmer at the same time and could smell it only when I went into that bedroom. I turned it off by 6:30 because the scent was dead. I had to put my nose right up to the warmer to get even a whiff of it.

I may try blending the TCS tart wax with some 4630 to see how that does, and I may even try blending 70/30 of 4630/4625 to see if that makes them stronger, but at this point my preference is still my tried and true blend of 4625/4630. I really do like that blend and I can get it from several locations. But at least I can say I tried this version of the TCS wax and it just didnt work for me.

I'm not going to be using it, not because it wasn't a decent wax. All my testing was done using a large Scentsy warmer. Each container wax was used in 4625 and TCS at 50%, the same FO at the same percentage. Depending on the container wax in the blend, TCS did a bit better with longevity on most, except one and HT they were close, except one.

My old tart blend with 4625 came out the clear winner in HT and longevity. Just got done doing the same melt making sure I could duplicate (made two in each batch) and got another hour out of it with a bit more cure time putting this one at 22 hours. It still had some HT but I had to be inside the room to detect it.

It took 13 combinations to come to a final conclusion. Ended up right back where I was two years ago, but all in all I'm glad I did it or I'd keep wondering if I had the best I personally could do or not.

Now to get the container blend to a final one....Getting close though!

ETA: The TCS wax I had was the pastille/teardrop type JaJC described.

Edited by jeanie353

I'm barely getting 8 hours out of these.

I used 90/10 (either 4627 or 4633 as 10%) with all the ones I made. My first round of sweetheart(AZ) & very sexy for him(NG) amish quilt (ah/re) were AWESOME with that pellet stuff..but the slab stuff sucks. I get better throw with KY133 (75/25), which is normally 12 hours. I think I'm going back to 4786/4627 (75/25). They were very pretty and a good 16 hour hot throw. :undecided Of course I just recieve 10lbs of pellets from TCS today..

Of course I just recieve 10lbs of pellets from TCS today..

I feel ya Pita. I have about 8 left sitting here that will collect dust until I feel like using it to make some for home use. There still seems to be a difference in how the wax acts whether it's slab or pellet judging from the newer posts on it.

I'm sorry but TCS needs to get their act together and carry one wax, ground up or in slab rather than both and stay with it. We went through this with their container wax about a year ago when they switched blends.

Sucks about the difference in waxes :-(. I am awaiting some TCS wax and it is in slabs, I will test it, but I am not sure it is even worth doing so now??

Are the slabs not good and some of the pellets also not good or is it a crap shot?

Sorry that some of your have wax you dont need :-(, it could maybe be blended with others to use it up.

Are the slabs not good and some of the pellets also not good or is it a crap shot?

Reading the resuts that are coming in now, there doesn't seem to be a consistent with any of them, maybe? There were two of us on the page before this where one had pellets and I had pastilles/teardrops and our reports were quite different.

Reading the resuts that are coming in now, there doesn't seem to be a consistent with any of them, maybe? There were two of us on the page before this where one had pellets and I had pastilles/teardrops and our reports were quite different.

Thanks Jeanie,it is so confusing, you summed it up perfectly, choose a form and stick to it!Lol!

I just got this wax in to test, and it's horrible to me. No scent throw. I got the "pellet" version. Followed the manufacturer directions to the T. Not impressed. Time to set more money on fire testing more paraffin waxes. Ugh.

I just got this wax in to test, and it's horrible to me. No scent throw. I got the "pellet" version. Followed the manufacturer directions to the T. Not impressed. Time to set more money on fire testing more paraffin waxes. Ugh.

Was going to PM you but see you can't receive them yet :( Have you considered trying 4625 with a container wax? Or maybe 4794?

I'm still working with TCS wax and 4633, have added 1/2 tsp vybar pp, getting some pretty stellar results, not that it's the best blend out there, but better than what I was working with. From what I'm reading here I think I'll be ordering some wax samples from peak, I think it's finally time to try out the 4625/4630 blend!

Was going to PM you but see you can't receive them yet :( Have you considered trying 4625 with a container wax? Or maybe 4794?

I'll try anything at this point. I do want paraffin waxes though. I've gone the soy route already. I can't get a knock your socks off throw so far. Maddening. My goal in life is to sneak into Carol's (Candles from the keeping room) house, under cover of night, and steal her tart wax. Or at least peer leacherously at the label on her wax so I know what it is LOL!. She has exactly what I'm looking for. Her tarts are kinda transluscent-y (paraffin) and they just rock. Good on her.

Edited by LJA