What is your #1, VERY favorite FO?

Now don't be naming favorites from Suppliers I haven't ordered from....yet. :) I don't need any more!  My latest supplier is Candlewic.  Add that one to Aztec, NG, RE, Mill Creek, Candlescience, FB, Peak, The Candlemaker's Store.....

I haven't ordered from Lonestar or CC.  I have seen where others love their Vanilla Voodoo. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GailC said:

Now don't be naming favorites from Suppliers I haven't ordered from....yet. :) I don't need any more!  My latest supplier is Candlewic.  Add that one to Aztec, NG, RE, Mill Creek, Candlescience, FB, Peak, The Candlemaker's Store.....

I haven't ordered from Lonestar or CC.  I have seen where others love their Vanilla Voodoo. 

You definitely need to order from CC ! Vanilla Voodoo is absolutely addictive ! I am a blender, to the point of being obsessive about it, I rarely ever pour single scents, but Vanilla Voodoo is one that I pour often because it is perfect on it's own and I cannot get enough !

That's not to say that I don't blend it too, lol. Red Banana and Ooey Gooey Caramel are top notch, also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

You definitely need to order from CC ! Vanilla Voodoo is absolutely addictive ! I am a blender, to the point of being obsessive about it, I rarely ever pour single scents, but Vanilla Voodoo is one that I pour often because it is perfect on it's own and I cannot get enough !

That's not to say that I don't blend it too, lol. Red Banana and Ooey Gooey Caramel are top notch, also. 

Me thinks you are what is called 'an enabler.' :)

My favorite vanilla for the past 8 years has been Candlescience's Very Vanilla.  Now you've got me wanting to try Vanilla Voodoo.  Thanks a lot. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Glad this old thread was revisited. I love anything lemon. Mine and my whole families is Fillmores Lemon biscotti my close second is WSP VBN 

I have never ordered from Fillmore either.   I may be sorry I revisited this thread. :)

I like lemon too and right now I am loving Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound Cake.  Except it makes me want to drive straight to Starbucks for a piece of their lemon pound cake. 

• Like 2

Fillmore's Lemon Biscotti is TDF! Fillmore is one of my FO suppliers. They have some seriously good keepers like Cedar Garland, Christmas Tree, and the fabulous Nutmeg & Ginger.

Currently my all time fav FO is CS Mistletoe followed by EBB's Patchouli Honey. Just the opposite of my original answer in this thread from page 1. I just love candles with this FO although it makes some pretty decent smelling soap too. But I only use Patchouli Honey for soapmaking now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Candybee said:

Fillmore's Lemon Biscotti is TDF! Fillmore is one of my FO suppliers. They have some seriously good keepers like Cedar Garland, Christmas Tree, and the fabulous Nutmeg & Ginger.

Currently my all time fav FO is CS Mistletoe followed by EBB's Patchouli Honey. Just the opposite of my original answer in this thread from page 1. I just love candles with this FO although it makes some pretty decent smelling soap too. But I only use Patchouli Honey for soapmaking now.

Have you tried the Cedar Garland in CP soap? If so, how did it perform?

Yes but mixed with EBB's Rocky Mtn Pine to tone down the pine in some CP soap. So being a blend can't say it stood out but  it helped me sell those soaps.

I have used it alone in M&P soap and it was awesome! I may try it again in CP but this time alone.... but not now... maybe for the holidays.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 6:03 AM, Moonstar said:

Ive never tried this one ? what makes it creamy ?

Here is the description: Absolutely fabulous sweet, sugary, buttery vanilla.  It smells most like what vanilla tastes like, to me. No off notes. Peak's French Vanilla is very good too.  Some vanillas just have a funky smell to me, but not this one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

Have you tried the Cedar Garland in CP soap? If so, how did it perform?

No Just in candles + wax melts - its really nice. Id check to see if it can be used in soap first, if it can, I bet its awesome . Just go for it :) 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, ldunleav said:

My absolute favorite is Bunchberry and Moss by CC. It's earthy and elegant LOVE it!!

That's a new one on me.  In fact. I never heard of bunchberries until now.  I had to look up the scent description at CC. 

Well I just got some new FOs for my fall & holiday candles and have to say I am really loving FB's Cinnamon Broom and CS Frazier Fir. So much so that I think FF is my new fav christmas tree type scent and CB my new fav cinnamon type. Both are fabulous and can't wait to get these into wax!!

37 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Well I just got some new FOs for my fall & holiday candles and have to say I am really loving FB's Cinnamon Broom and CS Frazier Fir. So much so that I think FF is my new fav christmas tree type scent and CB my new fav cinnamon type. Both are fabulous and can't wait to get these into wax!!

Cinnamon Broom from FB is the only fragrance my daughter wants now.  I like it too, but I still like Cinnamon Stick from CS better.  

I simply cannot name one favorite fragrance.  I would say that over the summer my favorite candle to burn for myself was Berry Tangerine from Candlewic.

But now I am making fall candles so it's not my favorite anymore. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

But now I am making fall candles so it's not my favorite anymore. :)

LOL I know what you mean. Often, my favorite can be whatever candle I am burning at the moment!

Oh shoot! i just realized what I posted didn't make sense to what you just posted. Sigh... sometimes I post too quickly before I let what I just read sink in.... Doh!!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GailC said:

That's a new one on me.  In fact. I never heard of bunchberries until now.  I had to look up the scent description at CC. 

Its beautiful one on its own clean but earthy and is amazing with lavender also with sea salt. I also mixed some with tulip from RE and call it Paperwhites. 

Edited by ldunleav
  • Like 1

My favorite right at the moment is a blend I've concocted myself - Green Apple Essence, Peppermint, with a touch of Orchard Botanical Garden. Smells awesome and can be a good summer or fall scent depending on the ratios used of the apple or orchard. 

Most of my favorites are always going to be a blend I've come up with on my own instead of something OOB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

LOL I know what you mean. Often, my favorite can be whatever candle I am burning at the moment!

Oh shoot! i just realized what I posted didn't make sense to what you just posted. Sigh... sometimes I post too quickly before I let what I just read sink in.... Doh!!

Yes it made sense to me. :)  And you echoed my sentiments exactly.  I like how you put it.  My favorite can be whatever I'm burning at the moment.  Thanks!