Easter Fragrances

Trappeur

I was thinking that the Pink Lilac and Willow from Aztec would be a lovely Easter scent!

Those are great ideas too moonshine! Marshmallow Peeps!

Doesn't NG have a section of what they consider Easter scents? That might be a good place to browse for ideas. I think they even have a Bunny Farts or Bunny Breath or something like that, lol. 

• Like 1

Easter Bunny Burps is what I think they call it and it's a dominant grass fragrance. It could use a shot of carrot in it. 

A lilac and wisteria is a nice fragrance and actually light florals come to mind, so even Flowerbomb might work there for Easter Bonnet. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

I love Daffodils from Fillmore and Honeysuckle Jasmine from CS. But I think some marshmellow type like Peeps scent would do well for Easter. Maybe some chocolate + peanut butter too! Now I'm hungry!!!

Go get you a Reese's pb egg lol! 

I really like CS' Honeysuckle Jasmine too. It will be on an experimental release this year along with Black Sea, Rosemary Pepper and stuff that isn't Eastery ... sorry, not to mislead on this thread. 

Another really fabulous scent that you could market to Easter but change year round is the Essence of Jesus that RE carries. It's not floral and it's definitely masculine but it really borders on uni-sex. It's a collaboration of resins and it has a powdery touch to it. Definitely not a heavy scent, which was surprising. 

Tulip is a mellow floral and spiritual awakening isn't bad either from NG. 

• Like 2

You guys are so terrific!   I love each and everyone of your suggestions.

Moonshine that pink sugar and marshmallow I have those scents!  Love what you said.  Are you saying to mix them together or just leave separate?

Sarah I haven't ordered from Aztec in a coons age and I'm always looking at their scents and all the new ones they are coming up with.  I just love that name, Pink Lilac and Willow.

Sounds like a heavenly fragrance.

Scented I just ate a package of Reeses PB cups...my favorite.

I do have the Honeysuckle Jasmine from CS and I like.  Guess I might as well get it into wax.

Belinda, where have you been girlfriend!???Was just thinking about you last week and yesterday...

This is Dogwood Haven here.  Lots of them around my house and shack property.  I have only an ounce sample from someone.  I was just looking at Texas Candle Supply yesterday.  Have never ordered from them and really need to.  Great suggestion!

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

...in a coons age..

:laugh2: OMG! I thought I was the only one who says that. Learned that phrase from my southern mom while I was a kid growing up in Calif. I always LOL whenever I heard her say it. Haven't used it in a while but its always funny to hear!

• Haha 1

First thing that came to mind for an Easter fragrance was coconut cake. Like the bunny cakes.

NG has a jelly beans FO that looks interesting.

The jelly beans would be interesting I would think. There's a coconut cream or creme somewhere isn't there? Coconut was always in our Easter baskets along with plenty of chocolate choices. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda, where have you been girlfriend!???Was just thinking about you last week and yesterday...

This is Dogwood Haven here.  Lots of them around my house and shack property.  I have only an ounce sample from someone.  I was just looking at Texas Candle Supply yesterday.  Have never ordered from them and really need to.  Great suggestion!

Hey Trapp! I've been lurking LOL! Still here! 

I would love to see your place with all the Dogwoods! We have tons of bluebonnets here and some dogwoods but probably not as many as you have. 

Texas Candle Supply has some good oils although I'm thinking there's been a reformulation in his leather. It just doesn't smell as strong as it used to to my nose but it could just be me. His other oils are great from those that I've tried. I love Cowboys on the Beach! I think I might have a sample of Dogwood but it would take me forever to find it LOL!

Kerven had a good idea with the jelly beans and coconut cake. Those are very popular at Easter. I love JS absolutely fabulous cake. It has coconut in it to my nose.

I hope you find what you're looking for! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Trappeur, you would definitely like the Pink Lilac and Willow! I got it because @Jcandleattic and (I think) @GailC raved about it. I ordered a sample, and as soon as I sniffed I ordered a big bottle! I don't usually go for florals, but it is a lovely blend of greenery and lilacs.

Yes it's one of my favorite florals! Can't get enough of it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Trappeur, you would definitely like the Pink Lilac and Willow! I got it because @Jcandleattic and (I think) @GailC raved about it. I ordered a sample, and as soon as I sniffed I ordered a big bottle! I don't usually go for florals, but it is a lovely blend of greenery and lilacs.

Okay who carries the Pink Lilac and Willow? Sounds like something I would like!

Never mind! I see you posted it was Aztec. No wonder I never seen it... I never ordered from Aztec. Might be a time for a change!

Edited by Candybee

15 hours ago, Sarah S said:

It was me, because I don't rave about any floral scent.  :)  I do like the Pink Lilac and Willow though, for a floral, it's not bad. 

I rave about Aztec's Leaves and Cantaloupe & Lily.  :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Candybee said:

:laugh2: OMG! I thought I was the only one who says that. Learned that phrase from my southern mom while I was a kid growing up in Calif. I always LOL whenever I heard her say it. Haven't used it in a while but its always funny to hear!

I say that sometimes.  My parents came from Kentucky.  I still use my Dad's expression when someone asked how I am.....'fair to middlin'. :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Okay who carries the Pink Lilac and Willow? Sounds like something I would like!

Never mind! I see you posted it was Aztec. No wonder I never seen it... I never ordered from Aztec. Might be a time for a change!

I think  you would like Aztec scents, they have a lot of good ones. 

Pink Lilac and willow, and their cinnamon vanilla is one of my favorites as well. I love their Volcano cabri blue dupe, but it's been reformulated, so not what the reformulation smells like or if it's comparable. 

Also love their Duck Farts. It's a water scent but has a smell of fruity and fresh in it as well. Love it. I change the name and also use it as a mixer a lot. 

And they have a ton of BBW dupes, that I use a lot, and they always seem to be spot on or the difference is negligible so use it anyway. 

There are several others that I use but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

I think  you would like Aztec scents, they have a lot of good ones. 

Pink Lilac and willow, and their cinnamon vanilla is one of my favorites as well. I love their Volcano cabri blue dupe, but it's been reformulated, so not what the reformulation smells like or if it's comparable. 

Also love their Duck Farts. It's a water scent but has a smell of fruity and fresh in it as well. Love it. I change the name and also use it as a mixer a lot. 

And they have a ton of BBW dupes, that I use a lot, and they always seem to be spot on or the difference is negligible so use it anyway. 

There are several others that I use but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. 

Do you CP any of those? I only make fall/holiday candles once a year so mostly look for good CP FOs.

@Candybee, I haven't CP'd the ones that JC mentioned, but I have soaped a few of Aztec's and it's like any other supplier, some do well and some don't. 

I can tell you that Black Pheonix smells wonderful, but accelerates, rices, and discolors in CP! 😂

I'm using Aztec more and more for my fragrances, their 5 for 5 every month makes sampling so affordable. Plus you get free samples for 8oz and 16oz fragrance orders, and I really like that they have a lot of fragrances right around the $1 per pound mark even when ordering the 8oz size. Sometimes if a fragrance is a mixer, or seasonal, or just for me, I don't want the full pound. I was reluctant to add yet another supplier to my list, but I'm glad I tried them!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

@Candybee, I haven't CP'd the ones that JC mentioned, but I have soaped a few of Aztec's and it's like any other supplier, some do well and some don't. 

I can tell you that Black Pheonix smells wonderful, but accelerates, rices, and discolors in CP! 😂

I'm using Aztec more and more for my fragrances, their 5 for 5 every month makes sampling so affordable. Plus you get free samples for 8oz and 16oz fragrance orders, and I really like that they have a lot of fragrances right around the $1 per pound mark even when ordering the 8oz size. Sometimes if a fragrance is a mixer, or seasonal, or just for me, I don't want the full pound. I was reluctant to add yet another supplier to my list, but I'm glad I tried them!

Correction: $1 per ounce mark.

Sorry, editor was slacking on that one! Lol!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Candybee said:

Do you CP any of those? I only make fall/holiday candles once a year so mostly look for good CP FOs.

CP is all I've done with them with the exception of Pink Willow & Lilac, and Forever Red. They've all soaped great, and stick (so far) 

Duck Farts moved a bit fast, but nothing I couldn't handle.