Thank you!

njcurley

We had our first 'big' fair of the season today and did great but there was one woman who walked into our area and immediately pulled her t-shirt up over her nose, moaning, groaning and complaining about the "stench".  Thanks to the wonderful people on this board and a thread I recently read I had the perfect come back at her.  I looked her straight in the eye and said "I'm sorry you feel that way, you are missing out on our wonderful products."  The two women across from me immediately gave me a thumbs up and as soon as she huffed away they busted out laughing.

Why even walk into the area?  And why not just keep walking?  Why do people feel the need to moan, groan and complain, just keep going!

(and by the way she smelled like cow poop!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, njcurley said:

We had our first 'big' fair of the season today and did great but there was one woman who walked into our area and immediately pulled her t-shirt up over her nose, moaning, groaning and complaining about the "stench".  Thanks to the wonderful people on this board and a thread I recently read I had the perfect come back at her.  I looked her straight in the eye and said "I'm sorry you feel that way, you are missing out on our wonderful products."  The two women across from me immediately gave me a thumbs up and as soon as she huffed away they busted out laughing.

Why even walk into the area?  And why not just keep walking?  Why do people feel the need to moan, groan and complain, just keep going!

What products were you selling and which did great? DETAILS!!! I NEED DETAILS!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clear Black said:

What products were you selling and which did great? DETAILS!!! I NEED DETAILS!!

I sell scented, soy blend container candles.  Three different containers and lines.  We have status jars, interlude jars and frosted black and white jars.  The interlude jars are our fall scents and we color those.  The frosted jars have wood wicks and are our "spa" scents.

The best sellers were Salted Caramel (FC), Sea Minerals (Aztec), Apple Harvest (CS), Chocolate Brownie (Aztec) and Sweet Chili Pepper and Citrus (FC).  I was surprised that people were asking for Patchouli and Sandalwood!  I had those for the longest time and they weren't selling so I did not bring them.  I'm going to bring a few back tomorrow.

That really was the only blip all day, so I'm very grateful.  I don't really let negative people like that get to me. I had the most wonderful customers today and the booth next to me was an 80 y/o woman and her husband.  She hand makes everything from recycled products and had the cutest stuff!  She was such a hoot.  My hero.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njcurley said:

I hope she had a bra on?

Trappeur

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, njcurley said:

I sell scented, soy blend container candles.  Three different containers and lines.  We have status jars, interlude jars and frosted black and white jars.  The interlude jars are our fall scents and we color those.  The frosted jars have wood wicks and are our "spa" scents.

The best sellers were Salted Caramel (FC), Sea Minerals (Aztec), Apple Harvest (CS), Chocolate Brownie (Aztec) and Sweet Chili Pepper and Citrus (FC).  I was surprised that people were asking for Patchouli and Sandalwood!  I had those for the longest time and they weren't selling so I did not bring them.  I'm going to bring a few back tomorrow.

You should post some pics of your wonderful jars! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, njcurley said:

Oooh where do you get frosted black and white jars? (If you don't mind sharing your supplier.) I looked all over for reasonable frosted jars about six months ago with no luck.

• Like 1

I have had people come to my booth, pick up and smell almost every single thing I have and THEN tell me they can't buy because "scents give me a headache" or "I'm allergic to scents" 

One lady told me that, and I immediately took the soap out of her hand and said, "Oh then you probably shouldn't be handling these if you are allergic" She was shocked that I called her on her bluff. She's probably never had that happen before. 

I have my first show of my season this Saturday. I'll let you know any weirdo's I encounter. LOL 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, jbradshaw said:

Oooh where do you get frosted black and white jars? (If you don't mind sharing your supplier.) I looked all over for reasonable frosted jars about six months ago with no luck.

We get them from California Candle Supply.  They are pricey with shipping so we use them for our more expensive line.  I was a little afraid pricing them, really wasn't sure people would be will to pay, but we debuted them at the fair this weekend and they sold like hotcakes.

8 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I have had people come to my booth, pick up and smell almost every single thing I have and THEN tell me they can't buy because "scents give me a headache" or "I'm allergic to scents" 

One lady told me that, and I immediately took the soap out of her hand and said, "Oh then you probably shouldn't be handling these if you are allergic" She was shocked that I called her on her bluff. She's probably never had that happen before. 

I have my first show of my season this Saturday. I'll let you know any weirdo's I encounter. LOL 

People are just nuts!  That was really the only odd ball we had this weekend.  I have a feeling next weekend might be different.  We have a huge show this coming Saturday.

And yep Trap, she was wearing a bra (thank goodness) ROFL.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I have had people come to my booth, pick up and smell almost every single thing ...

I know this is a little off topic, but is there a way to avoid having all of your products handled?  It seems like having "tester" products might make it less appealing for those who would like to handle everything just to know they've somehow touched and spread their germs sufficiently.  Some people, imo, go to craft fairs just to window shop and it's always better if you can keep those types away from the true shoppers so their negative presence doesn't affect your sales.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

LOL ... perfect!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

I know this is a little off topic, but is there a way to avoid having all of your products handled?  It seems like having "tester" products might make it less appealing for those who would like to handle everything just to know they've somehow touched and spread their germs sufficiently.  Some people, imo, go to craft fairs just to window shop and it's always better if you can keep those types away from the true shoppers so their negative presence doesn't affect your sales.

I keep one soap unwrapped, but the one that gets bought is wrapped and labeled. I don't mind window shoppers, I don't even mind the negative comments, because I try to defuse them, or turn them into positives. 

• Like 1

That's true, the window shoppers can make your booth look busy.  Negative shoppers like to try to get on people's nerves somehow, don't ask me why.  The only time they really need to be pushed aside is when there are actual customers waiting for attention, then they're not even worth talking to, imo.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:27 PM, njcurley said:

Clear Black -

I actually like the smell of cow poop so ya....theres that lol

On 9/30/2017 at 6:36 PM, Candybee said:

Some people are just disgusting!

LOL ... just kidding here, but I think Candybee owes Clear Black an apology!

:)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, birdcharm said:

Clear Black -

I actually like the smell of cow poop so ya....theres that lol

LOL ... just kidding here, but I think Candybee owes Clear Black an apology!

:)

Are you trying to start trouble here?... (cues George Thorogood's Bad To The Bone to start playing)