Let's Talk Lavender

Candybee

Looking for both a lavender scent and color good for CP.

For color/dye: I hate lavenders that turn a grayish hue. I want a rich vibrant lavender and preferably one that doesn't fade and stands up to CP. I am currently using grape POP. Its okay but was wondering if there is a better one out there. (Plus don't know how long my grape POP will last.)

For scent: I would prefer a FO to an EO. Anyone know a good one that sticks in CP? Would prefer a less medicinal/herbal and more floral or sweet field lavender if you know one.

Any recos would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

LIke to help you on this, but I can't. I like Peak's lavender, but I also rather like using an EO too. For the purple, I have a beautiful lavender fields oxide that I sure wish I could tell you where it's from. It came out of someone's coop moons ago.

I have cp'd and hp'd Natures Gardens Lavender Fields. It really sticks well and I like it. Lavender EO lovers may not, but I do:) I am using the last little bit of my grape pops with it, but have heard that The Conservatorie Magic Violet mica is a close match.

I use Peak's Lavender and BB Lavender together. This came to be when I had just a bit of each left. It made one wonderful soap together, so now I mix the two exclusively. I also add in a hint of lavender EO. As for colors, I always use Select Shades.

Candy, I don't know how it works in CP, but in MP and everything else under the sun, I use Bedtime Bath by Aztec. I have five different straight lavenders on my shelves, and this is the one I use that isn't that medicinal / garden lavender you were talking about not wanting. It's a mix of Lav and Cham and all my customers prefer it 10x over any other straight lav, or combo lav I carry . Im sure SOMEONE has had to have tried it in CP . I'll go over to Aztec's FB page and ask and get back with you if I get an answer!

So all of you that use the grape POP what are you going to switch to once you run out?

Also, does anyone know a lavender/lilac color with a blue tint in it? I know lavender has blue in it but well.. I hope you know what I mean. The grape POP has more blue in it when used in M&P but looks different in CP. But that blueish hued lavender is the exact color I am looking for in my CP.

Southern Soapers is back & they have the Tassi Lavender, but MMS duped it, it's a little bit cheaper and identical to the SS.

Chris, have you used it in a candle?

There simply is no better lavender that SS's Tassi, or at least there WAS no better lavender. Once I found SS Tassi, I never looked at another lavender. But how does MMS throw? As well as SS?

So all of you that use the grape POP what are you going to switch to once you run out?

Also, does anyone know a lavender/lilac color with a blue tint in it? I know lavender has blue in it but well.. I hope you know what I mean. The grape POP has more blue in it when used in M&P but looks different in CP. But that blueish hued lavender is the exact color I am looking for in my CP.

I think the magic purple from the conservatorie is supposed to be very close to the grape pop.

Mix two parts grape pop to one part blueberry pop for the blue tint.