Let's Talk Lavender

Candybee

Candy, don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a question kinda related to yours. Since everyone keeps talking about POP micas, on just about any coloring issue... do any of yall know why in the world they stopped making them? I've heard SO many of you be so in love with these things, and so sad that they are no longer available, and it just seems weird that they up and poofed on yall. So many love them, surely it couldn't have been because their sales were lacking ! Shoot, I've heard so many of yall talk about it, if they did start up production again, Im sure that company would make a TON of money lol. Was just curious if anyone knew why they'd stopped production.

I have heard of couple different things. The manufacturer stopped making them and 2...a couple of the colors stopped being stable. There is a rumor that they have located some new ones and are in the testing phase. Don't know if this is true or not.

Strawberry and raspberry morphed on me too. But why pull or quit making all the pops? Why not just reformulate the 2 that gave trouble? ... I second all the "rumors" unstable, no longer manufactured and testing new ones.... oh please hurry.

I struggled with purple except for the pop mica. Celestial morphed, Peacock morphed. NG (old) liquids greyed. I have select shades but I've never used them....

I have found that the old NG liquid purple and burgandy did stick in whipped (floating soap) no morphing, no greying. Haven't tried thier new ones yet.

I have some light, almost lilac colored powder colorant (not sure if it is an oxide or pigment or what) but it was from WSP from ages ago. That works. Now wondering if I could darken it with a tiny tiny bit of charcoal.....

Otherwise I am hanging on to my stash of grape pop for dear life, hoping that testing goes well and fast for the new ones.

I like Peaks FO but it is more medicinal and not floral, to me. A pretty soft blend that is a big hit is the lavendar vanilla by sockmonkey that I got from her before she got the boot

Edited by tlc26

Sleep Time from WSP is sooooo amazing! It's a lavender and vanilla EO/FO mix. You can smell the lavender, but the vanilla sweetens it, not medicinal. My kids love spraying it on their pillows before bed. My youngest used to think it was magic "sleep" spray and he couldn't sleep without it. lol

And.. it's on sale now until Tuesday. gotta love a sale! lol

Edited by lauramw71
typo