Vote: Which Candle Piture do you like best?

jackbenimble

Which option do you like best?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you like best?

Hey guys! I have a new scent coming out but not sure which picture to use for it. So i thought I'd bring it to some people who would vote for the one they like the best. Thank you all in advance for voting! :yes: This poll will be open for 30 days only!

I also didn't want to spend a ton of money for one picture by adding tons of "beach" items. Even though I do think it would look better with some more palm trees and grass.

post-12305-139458493693_thumb.jpg

Salty Sea Air #1

or

post-12305-139458493967_thumb.jpg

Salty Sea Air #2

Please comment below if you'd like also :-)

Edited by jackbenimble

I like to way the blue pops in the first one, but the background looks too fakey. Can it be muted?

I really like the background for the second one and it looks more real.

Both need more in the foreground. Couple little sea shells? Some sort of little sprig of greenery? Piece of driftwood? mini beach items (umbrella ball, towle, sunglasses, flipflops? Just something extra.

Actually if you put extras in the first one I would probably like that one better. It would make it look less fakey.

Edited by NaturallyTru

If you could mute the background in #1 - increase the depth of field to remove the backdrop from sharp focus - it has possibilities.

The second looks nice with the little fence. Adding a little depth of focus that that one wouldn't hurt either.

If you could mute the background in #1 - increase the depth of field to remove the backdrop from sharp focus - it has possibilities.

The second looks nice with the little fence. Adding a little depth of focus that that one wouldn't hurt either.

Those are great suggestions but I have no idea how to do that unless there's an App for that.

Those are great suggestions but I have no idea how to do that unless there's an App for that.

What kind of camera are you using? Sometimes you can just move your subject a greater distance from the background to kind of blur it.

I picked up some tips from books about photographing food. One that I liked quite a lot is Food Photography From Snapshots to Great Shots. Now all I need to do is upgrade my own camera...

What kind of camera are you using? Sometimes you can just move your subject a greater distance from the background to kind of blur it.

I picked up some tips from books about photographing food. One that I liked quite a lot is Food Photography From Snapshots to Great Shots. Now all I need to do is upgrade my own camera...

It's about 4 or 5 yrs old. It shoots good photos. Thanks for the tips and the book. I'll check it out:-)

He would actually need a shallower depth of field to blur the background. But I agree that the first one would look great with some bokeh.

If you're using a point & shoot, and it has a setting called "aperture priority" try using that. You want to set the aperture to the lowest number, and go from there. Also, pull the candle away from the background a few inches, and make sure you're only focusing on the candle.

Edited by periwinkle

I am going to be different from most folks....I LOVE to see the actual ocean in pictures of ocean scented or related products...I say picture #1...BUT put a sand dollar or a sea star and a few smaller seashells in front of the jar as if the ocean had washed them up there and definitely 3 or 5 "poofs" of staggered sea grass behind the jar some close up to the jar graduating back towards the ocean. :) Great pics!!!

Depends on the scent. The backdrop suggests to me that one is a clean ocean scent and the other is an earthy scent. However, if you are going to use the pic for advertising, make the tag centered and straight. I'm a bit of an OCD guy so crooked or offcenter or twisted or rotated things in the picture draw my attention and make me wonder if there was any attention to detail. I know that's not true of you, just a personal thing that others might also experience.

I voted for one because of the simplicity, but I actually like the composition of 2 better. My personal choice would depend on how the photo looks on my web page. Some colors/patterns will compliment the photo better than others... Really great photos - you sure made this a tough choice!!

I voted for one because of the simplicity, but I actually like the composition of 2 better. My personal choice would depend on how the photo looks on my web page. Some colors/patterns will compliment the photo better than others... Really great photos - you sure made this a tough choice!!

Thanks Stella! I really like both of them but I think the first photo captures the scent better as its more of clean ocean scent. Thanks for voting! :-)