Amuse me please

Scented

Body sprays. What suggestions would you have citrus and coconut based scents (I don't want a straight fruit slices and I don't think I want a straight cocobutt either.) Any ideas?

And while at it, are florals just a no no? I mean a floral suggestion that isn't heavy or cloying ought to be fine, but what about florals just gives people the shivers any more?

And if we talk about vanilla, does anyone else think it smells funky in a non-alcohol base?

I am debating over a body spray line. Thing is most people want anything a person isn't considering carrying. We're pretty convinced that we need to do lavender, because it's among our top sellers and if we don't have it, someone will ask for it. Same with lilac (but that would be limited to seasonal only and we're actually going to wait to see if people ask for it ... we're both betting they do, but still we're going to wait and see.)

Apparently anything sandalwood is still a popular suggestion, but at the same time so is anything patchouli lol. WTH happened to amber? Man!

SO amuse me with some five fragrance suggestions for consideration and please make at least one of them a citrus suggestion. I just want to see what people's opinions and choices are and why. If it were me, everything would be of a patch, amber or sandalwood background and that already causes one problem.

Edited by Scented

Pink grapefruit for citrus with twist of something herb

Apricot with a touch of rainwater

Vetiver with patchouli sandalwood and vanilla

Lavender with sage- yum

Lilac with a hint of vanilla or honey

I only have done candles so far and still am mastering the single scents - I have never mixed any but I would think I would like those - just going off the scents I like most

I could be really bad at this! LOL

I can't keep Lavender in stock as well as patch! For summery scents lilac did not go at all.

Coconut milk (peaks) did very well.

Caribbean coconut did well also.

Coconut Lime Verbena did well also

Pina Colada no go.

I just did one in Pineapple Jasmine (NG) had a few smell it and loved it. I am not a jasmine fan so to me it is just ok.

Sandalwood Rose is a big hit .

Amber and patch blend sold well but plain amber no go.

Winter Candy Apple dup did very well all year

Love Spell dup did great!

Litsea and Rosemary EO did well also (Light on the Rosemary).

Citrus and herbs did not do well

Vanilla seems to sell well and I don't notice a change in the scent but I always blend it with sandalwood, lavender, blackberry.

Another big seller is Vanilla Plum

Interesting combos. OK where'd you find a vanilla plum? It was a yum scent once upon a time.

Pink grapefruit and a dash of something herbal? Hmmm many possibilities on this. Trying to think of a good herb. Rosemary ought to be interesting, but perhaps that will require several test tube tries too.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have a single citrus perfume. The only coconut I've done was B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena.

Lavender has never sold for me in a body product. I never tried Tassi, though. If I were going to do a lavender now, I would probably do KY's Lavender Vanilla. It's softer and not stringent like Tassi might be to some people.

Tennessee's Vanilla Bean Noel is a decent seller.

Straight Patch and Honey Patch are OK sellers.

Nag Champa does somewhat OK.

I would think Peak's French Vanilla & Amber would do well. Amber Romance does OK for me, as does Love Spell.

What was the question again?

I'll have to think about the others when Im not so sleepy, but the first thing that came to my mind for the citrus was one I just got a sample of and , I actually like it.

Coco Cabana from Crafters Choice / wsp.

I absolutely detest coconut. But its balanced out with a nice pineapple to make a tropical scent that isn't "suntan oil".

Lavender Cucumber Sage CS

Lemon Pucker and Strawberry or Cherry does well for me for the younger 20s and under

Edited by blacktieaffair

Orange/clove seems to be very popular around here. It has a touch of spice with the citrus. Something similar may work for you guys, but may have to play with the spice mix a bit.

Moonlight path (the kind from BBW, which I know multiple people carry) seems to go well.

Egyptian musk/amber/vanilla is another good one.

Apple/cedarwood is a good one, has an earthy and sweet tone at the same time.

White tea/cucumber is also a refreshing one that I've got a couple people asking for.

Scented- how about a touch of tomato leaf from bittercreek N if it's body safe with the pink grapefruit....

That is so herbal and clean smelling and with the citrus you won't smell to much like a tomato plant!

I am going to try this in a candle when my pink grapefruit comes in

Geranium with rosemary

Geranium -lavender and lemongrass

Orange clove sounds wonderful

Ylang- lavender and vanilla

Can't tell I love herbs!

also forgot- coconut... bath and body works forever sunshine (orangy apricot) is huge around here- I would think coconut mixed with that would be pretty good- I tested the forever sunshine from candlemakers in soy and it is very weak but if body safe it would make a nice spray

pear- mango and coconut

a salty air- cactus sea salt or avacodo sea salt maybe with coconut to cut the super sweet??? maybe it would smell like being on the beach in hawaii.. I dont know

Well my fav coconut blend is coconut lime.

Some fruity combos:

mango and pineapple

grapefruit and jasmine

mango papaya

pineapple and banana

aloe and strawberry

cactus and green apple

Some floral and earthy combos:

sandalwood and vanilla

white musk, orchid, and tuberose

cedar and sandalwood

kisses of honey (or honey l'octaine) and patch

almond milk (or tony's OMH) and witches brew

patchouli honey

Hmm... I'm not very imaginative this morning. LOL

LOL Sorry, I should have made it a lot more clear huh?

Umm let's see.......... If I had to pick one scent on the earth that I never ever would ever have to be subjected to again , in any way , shape, form or fashion... I would choose that to be coconut.

I love it when you usually bring Hades into the coconut conversation, lol.

Scented -

Straight Patchouli (I don't mix it with anything and it sells out at every show. Men like it too...)

Baby Powder (CS's version is my #2 seller in dry oil body sprays right behind Patchouli.)

Sex on the Beach

Coconut Lime

Lavender Vanilla

Floral: I used to sell out of Willow Woods Yankee Type Plumeria in body sprays but since she closed I have not yet found a dupe of that one...everyone sells the BBW version which is just not as rich. If you find one, try it. Plumeria is an old favorite of many women.

I would love to find a dupe of CS Grapefruit & Mangosteen FO that is body safe. It is so energizing and refreshing that in the hot summer months I think a scent like that would be pretty appealing.

Vanilla Lace smells divine in body spray.(You mentioned Vanilla)

For citrus, I wish I could still get "Tea Leaf & Grapefruit" from Bert's. Love it for a citrusy body spray.

for florals, I have been fascinated tuberose lately, and someone mentioned a tuberose & jasmine scent in another thread that I meant to look up. And I love jasmine separately from tuberose, before I ever got interested in tuberose. And plumeria for summertime.

Designer dupes are the only scents that I ever have requests for--tops are Amazing Grace, Amber Romance, and Be Delicious. I rarely sell to men or for men but get a request--Drakkar, Pleasures, GIT. There's another one that I can't recall that the same woman always asks me about. I haven't done it because I found that the couple of times I bought an fo that she asked for she bought nothing. Just idle crap talk.

Citrus--I have a couple of Satsuma Guava fans that like a spray with their soap. Personally, I love CLV but didn't have any success at all with it in any product. I desperately need a good coconut that will stick in cp.

Interesting ideas here and I will be tempted to do a straight patch but will likely be talked out of it lol.

Never could move a CLV and never thought of baby powder in a spray either.

Satsuma now I have that. What's up with CS' grapefruit mangosteen? Is it not body safe?

A few Citrus/herb combinations that DO work, some Amber options, and a few of my favorite herb blends.

Lime Cilantro + Baby Powder + Coconut

( weird mix, but smells great)

Peach + Almond + Patchouli + Amber

(year-rounder)

Grapefruit + Clove + Eucalyptus

( very refreshing, relaxing, clean)

Lemon + Green Apple + Anise

(funky, in a good way)

Strawberry + Ocean + Lemongrass

( great deodorizer)

Banana + Basil + Amber

( refreshing, fun and fruity)