Where is everyone puchasing their log mold from now that Upland closed?

Blest2BAmerican

I just tried out one from http://www.soaphutch.com/ but got it from http://www.texasnaturalsupply.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=PL2LM It was easy to put together and since the soap is in there now I don't know how the process will be to get it out since today is the first time I am using the mold. It has this key like thing that helps you get the soap molds sides up and out, can't wait to try it tomorrow and let you all know what I think. I also bought two molds from http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/StoreCategory.aspx?CatalogID=1&GroupID=261&CategoryID=2123&CategoryName=++Silicone+Soap+Molds+-+Tray%2c+Loaf I bought the small loaf and the pink 12 bar tray. The small loaf is nice and the pink 12 bar has a batch in it now so I don't know how those will come out either since this is the first time I have used it too. lol I haven't made soap in about 6 months so I made 4 batches this weekend using two new molds.

Thanks for the replies.

Those Woodfields molds look great but, wow, they are expensive.

TexasBrat, I can't wait to hear how you like the WSP molds. Did they bow when you poured your soap into it? The one from SoapHutch looks great too!

The green one which WSP now sells clear bowed a teeny bit but nothing major. The pink one i put on a flat piece of cardboard to transport to the garage b/c it was flimsy. I cant wait to unmold them tomorrow.

The green one which WSP now sells clear bowed a teeny bit but nothing major. The pink one i put on a flat piece of cardboard to transport to the garage b/c it was flimsy. I cant wait to unmold them tomorrow.

Did the flat one bow any?? How did your soaps turn out...did you have any trouble unmolding? I might get me one of the flat ones if it didnt bow out...also how many oz did you pour into the flat one?

That does work great. Just don't put in oven to force gell, the sheets will warp!

If you use the heat resistant quilting mylar sheets, you shouldn't get any warping. At least I don't get any warping from mine when I do CPOP (I bought them from Joanne's).

Edited by MarieJeanette

I have the 2 poound log mold from Soap Making Resource and it is too wonderful. Wish I had several more of them. It's the perfect size for making a 6 or 7 bar batch and testing new ideas. I made a batch over the week-end and the soap wouldn't budge from the mold, so I placed it into the oven at 170 degrees for a couple of minutes and the log just floated out. I do not gel my soap as a rule but you can force the gel by wrapping the mold in a heating pad. Can't say enough about the construction, ease of disassembly and assembly; not to mention the customer service is outstanding. HTH

Steve