Receiving wax shipments

Is it normal to receive a slab of wax without any wrapping, plastic, a bag, etc? I now have a new slab that is dirty and I will also have to pick out the crud from the box since I had to tear the end of the box to get it open. It was taped up like Fort Knox. I've only ordered one other slab from another supplier and it was nicely wrapped up, so I wasn't sure which was the norm.

I've not used the slab's, but, I would think the supplier would have atleast put it in a bag of some sort to keep it from getting the dirty crud on it. Kinda makes you

wonder how they store these slabs. Are they just laying around the warehouse unpackaged or did they actually remove the packaging before putting it in the box for shipping? Why on earth would they remove the packaging when they shipped it? How long was this slab sitting unpackaged in a warehouse collecting dirt, dust, etc. I think I'd contact the supplier on this one.

Definitely bad customer service. I ordered several different slabs from the candlesource and it came unmarked. I had to figure out which was which. It is bad enough that a supplier charges more for wax and shipping than most candles cost in the store, but to increase my labor by not marking is worse. Add to that your insult of making you pick the dirt out of it and I'd be ripping the supplier a new one. In a polite sort of way.:waiting:

Oh my! Never have I had wax come this way. Granted we pickup most of ours but in the beginning when we did have some shipped it was always bagged or at least wrapped up. I wouldn't care about being a PITA, it's YOUR money you spent and you should expect a good product....not a product you have to clean off before using.... IMO Shame on that supplier....

Definitely bad customer service. I ordered several different slabs from the candlesource and it came unmarked. I had to figure out which was which. It is bad enough that a supplier charges more for wax and shipping than most candles cost in the store, but to increase my labor by not marking is worse. Add to that your insult of making you pick the dirt out of it and I'd be ripping the supplier a new one. In a polite sort of way.:waiting:

I forgot about that part...no packing slip & no packaging, so there's nothing identifying what wax it is.

The last time I ordered a couple of cases from Lone Star, it was the same way. The box was coming apart at the edges, all the corners had worn away to outright holes, and the slabs inside were filthy. I lost no telling how much wax and time scraping all the filth all. I was furious.

But from reading this thread it sounds like that's normal. :mad:

I don't normally order just a slab, but when I wanted to try mottling wax I did - from Peak - it came very carefully wrapped and labeled accordingly. I don't think the dirty unmarked is the norm, except for Candlesource evidently. Thanks for posting, I won't order wax there!

My first slab came from Lone Star and it was wrapped and labeled. While my box was damaged along with a few items in the box (I think due to UPS), my wax was clean and unmarked. I just received my second shipment today, but tried Candle Science and everything was shipped perfectly. My wax is also wrapped and labeled. I am glad to know not to order from Candle Source, for my waxxing needs.

Cases of paraffin wax come in slabs. There are generally 5 10 lb slabs in each case. So when you order a slab they have to take it out of the case and ship it. Does not excuse them from not properly wrapping and labeling it. Shame on the Candle Source. I'd complain and simply quit buying wax from them. There are so many suppliers why put yourself thru that. If it were me I'd send it back crud in all and demand my money back.

Cases of paraffin wax come in slabs. There are generally 5 10 lb slabs in each case. So when you order a slab they have to take it out of the case and ship it. Does not excuse them from not properly wrapping and labeling it. Shame on the Candle Source. I'd complain and simply quit buying wax from them. There are so many suppliers why put yourself thru that. If it were me I'd send it back crud in all and demand my money back.

This was my first order with them. I did email him, lol. "It was in a box, right? The boxes are new, so they're clean...." I'll hold off making any future ordering decisions until I see how I like the wax. :)

"It was in a box, right? The boxes are new, so they're clean...."

That response doesn't surprise me at all! Good luck getting satisfaction with them. That's the only place I've ever ordered wax from, that wasn't in a bag with a label and an invoice. You just get a box with a hunk of dirty wax in it. Check out the weight of the oils when you buy them, also.

I would have shipped it back!

Poor customer service and dirty product is unacceptable. From what I am reading they don't seem to care.

There are so many other great suppliers out there that care about their customers that I would never give that supplier my business again. Due to your posting here and how others have had problems. I will never order from them.

I don't normally order just a slab, but when I wanted to try mottling wax I did - from Peak - it came very carefully wrapped and labeled accordingly. I don't think the dirty unmarked is the norm, except for Candlesource evidently. Thanks for posting, I won't order wax there!

I have ordered slabs from Peak several times over the years and have another order that should arrive tomorrow. I have never had an issue with their packaging. Always well packed and items clearly labeled. Another excellent source is Candlewic. You might want to consider trying another source if this is the kind of service you are receiving.

Yes, I do order a lot from TCS, and you just wait..... my next shipment (just placed another order) will arrive all damaged, dirty, full of crud, and I will have a hissy fit, lol.

I have received dirty wax from Lone Star, but I have yet to receive dirty wax from The Candle Source. If this is something new, you'd better believe I will get on their case. It's been a long, long time since I ordered single slabs from them, and I don't remember whether it was wrapped in plastic or not... sorry!

I will let you know when I receive my order. I do love their wax, though:drool:

All my Peak's orders have always arrived in satisfactory conditions. When I ordered a case of wax from another supplier (not The Candle Source), the slabs were not wrapped, just all of them inside a carton, no paper/plastic in between. Top slab was a bit smudged, but nothing serious.

Just opened my Peak Candle order. Two 10 lb. slabs cut in two and wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap and labeled with general information and guidelines. All other items neatly packaged in zip lock type bags and clearly labeled along with info on their FOs.
Edited by Ravens