CS new scent Rosemary

jackbenimble

Mint is the obvious choice because rosemary mint is so standard. But I actually prefer it with more of a floral pairing - like lavender, rose or jasmine. The floral helps to sweeten up the rosemary, and the rosemary can help the florals from being too sickly sweet.

Eta: I haven't actually used CS's fo. just meant my preferences about rosemary in general.

Edited by FarmerJill

What would blend well with Rosemary FO? Is there any FO that that CS carries that would blend with this Rosemary FO?

I don't know if this would work but for some reason when I read about this FO I thought of Lemongrass or Lemon Verbena. Maybe because I like a Lemongrass & Sage combination in a FO. :D

It figures- I just ordered my wax yesterday and they come out with new scents today! I love Rosemary

I use this EO alot and the blends I have done and loved that "could" be comparable in FO from candlesciece are:

-lavender

-peppermint and eucalyptus

-cedarwood vanilla ( I have not tried this FO but I blend cedarwood EO with rosemary EO and it is wonderful-not sure what the vanilla would do)

-basil and herb I think would be a good one

-lemon verbena

-citronella

-I would be curious to try this in Frank & Myrrh also- I have used staight Frankincense EO and liked it

Geranium is my favorite to blend with this but I have yet to find a straight up geranium FO for candles!!

Let us know what you try- I have to wait now until I need more supplies to order it myself

It figures- I just ordered my wax yesterday and they come out with new scents today! I love Rosemary

I use this EO alot and the blends I have done and loved that "could" be comparable in FO from candlesciece are:

-lavender

-peppermint and eucalyptus

-cedarwood vanilla ( I have not tried this FO but I blend cedarwood EO with rosemary EO and it is wonderful-not sure what the vanilla would do)

-basil and herb I think would be a good one

-lemon verbena

-citronella

-I would be curious to try this in Frank & Myrrh also- I have used staight Frankincense EO and liked it

Geranium is my favorite to blend with this but I have yet to find a straight up geranium FO for candles!!

Let us know what you try- I have to wait now until I need more supplies to order it myself

Have you tried Scarlet Geranium from CMS? I have it, but haven't put in wax yet. Smells good OOB.

Have you tried Scarlet Geranium from CMS? I have it, but haven't put in wax yet. Smells good OOB.

That is The Candle Makers Store correct? If so, No I have not but may have to try a sample and see as it sounds pretty good- I have looked several times on their website but something about it keeps me from ordering from them- have you tried many of their FO's?

I live in Michigan and CMS is in Ohio and believe it or not- it is cheaper for me to order from CS in North Carolina! I have priced out the same wax and some FO's and CMS is way higher in shipping and I live practically next door

What would blend well with Rosemary FO? Is there any FO that that CS carries that would blend with this Rosemary FO?

I know that as soon as I saw that in the newsletter I immediately thought CS Basil and Herb, which is the one candle we sold out of in September if you can believe that. Maybe a nice mix?

That is The Candle Makers Store correct? If so, No I have not but may have to try a sample and see as it sounds pretty good- I have looked several times on their website but something about it keeps me from ordering from them- have you tried many of their FO's?

I live in Michigan and CMS is in Ohio and believe it or not- it is cheaper for me to order from CS in North Carolina! I have priced out the same wax and some FO's and CMS is way higher in shipping and I live practically next door

Yes, Candle Maker's Store. I haven't bought many FOs there. But the geranium does smell good OOB. I just haven't been inclined to use it yet.. maybe closer to spring :)

• 7 months later...

I recently tried a sample of CS Rosemary, and found it to be weaker than most of their line. SOS has a grapefruit & rosemary...that might be a good blending combo. Maybe a grapefruit, coconut, rosemary combo? I might try that. I wasn't too thrilled with the rosemary as a standalone fragrance.

Edited by rctfavr3

It doesn't smell like Rosemary EO at all. They say it is infused with other essential oils also and I don't smell any of them in there either. But since it is a cleaner smelling scent I could see doing some citrus combos with it like Lemon or Orange.

• 1 year later...

This is an update/ continuation of my orginal posting. I have had several requests this past show season for a rosemary candle. So I have begun testing one in my 464 wax. I am using CS Rosemary FO. It's a bit sharp OOB but is better in wax. After a 2 week cure(I didn't get to it before now to test). It has a nice medium strong HT. I really wish that RE still carried their rosemary FO. It was really good. I still have a couple of oz but using it for soap instead.

Is there any other company that has a really good Rosemary FO? The best option for me right now that I've found is CS. I don't want to use NG version if possible. I don't really buy much from them. WSP has one I think and I don't want to get from them either.

Has anyone tried CS version? It's been out at least a year now. I know it had some bad reviews at first but now there are more decent reviews.

How close to what you think Rosemary should smell like is it to your nose? Thanks for any feedback;-)

You know I never got around to using my CS Rosemary sample. But I do have some rosemary EO that I was thinking of adding to it to bring out the natural herbal notes of rosemary. I really like how it smells OOB thou.

One of my best sellers in CP this year is Rosemary Mint. I make it with a blend of spearmint and rosemary EOs. It usually sells out at most shows. So if you are thinking of a mixer spearmint and rosemary are classic.