I suck at chunk candles but...

dcroome2005

I had left over wax and wanted to play around. The camera is horrible as it's not showing the true colors. Its cinnamon red chunks with white overpour. I cant get chunks to show properly to save my flippin life. But I did have fun making it and that is what matters. I am not selling pillars yet because I have only successfully tested 2 so far since being back in the biz but just playing around right now.

scented Celtic Moonspice

299052_10150864680380716_898975715_21383182_1645634281_n.jpg

Christina

I had left over wax and wanted to play around. The camera is horrible as it's not showing the true colors. Its cinnamon red chunks with white overpour. I cant get chunks to show properly to save my flippin life. But I did have fun making it and that is what matters. I am not selling pillars yet because I have only successfully tested 2 so far since being back in the biz but just playing around right now.

scented Celtic Moonspice

299052_10150864680380716_898975715_21383182_1645634281_n.jpg

Christina

You are wayyy toooo hard on yourself!! lol. That is wonderful!!! I don't think it's sucky at All!! :))

I had left over wax and wanted to play around. The camera is horrible as it's not showing the true colors. Its cinnamon red chunks with white overpour. I cant get chunks to show properly to save my flippin life.

I think you did beautifully. The chunks may show better if you make them a bit bigger, it's something to try anyway. But at face value, it's very well done.

Thanks all. I was looking for more red chunks as well and I think if I made them bigger it would help so I will try that. Just never been really great at them showing . I read somewhere a long time ago about how to scrap the wax off on the side to make them show better but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks everyone :)

Christina

Thanks all. I was looking for more red chunks as well and I think if I made them bigger it would help so I will try that. Just never been really great at them showing . I read somewhere a long time ago about how to scrap the wax off on the side to make them show better but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks everyone :)

Christina

You can also use the heat gun on the outside to show more of the chunks. Depends on the look you're going for.

Christina......that candle is very very pretty. But Pam is right. Push the chunks to the sides. The best luck I had with that was when making square candles...duh. But....it can help in a round candle too. Don't feel too bad. I just got 200 lbs of wax yesterday and now I have to get back to making chunk crackle candles.....I am a nervous wreck and just poured one. Have to test burn this with the new wax. I swear.....I forgot how to make candles. Really......I forgot. Have to keep looking at my notes and it seems like a foreign language. Don't be hard on yourself. That candle is very nice.

• 2 months later...