Cannot find a level for pillars!

Here ya go. Get yourself apiece of angle iron, 3 x 3 x 6 inches long. Take a pot or frypan, put a folded paper towel on the bottom (to soak up wax) put on burner on stove. Hold the angle iron steady and place the candle on the towel against the angle iron (sometimes I rotat it slowly) if your stove is relatively level, you can level a candle in seconds. Good luck, make sure your angle iron is cut square of course. I picked mine up at a welding shop (cost me $5.00)

Oh, yeah, another fan of the angle here! I work at a sign company and got the guys to cut me a piece from the scrap bin. I used to struggle with leveling, but not any more. I use an old cookie sheet on top of a pan of water. I also have a 6" level with a magnet on it. I stick the level to the angle....my angle is level, my pillar is level.

Here ya go. Get yourself apiece of angle iron, 3 x 3 x 6 inches long. Take a pot or frypan, put a folded paper towel on the bottom (to soak up wax) put on burner on stove. Hold the angle iron steady and place the candle on the towel against the angle iron (sometimes I rotat it slowly) if your stove is relatively level, you can level a candle in seconds. Good luck, make sure your angle iron is cut square of course. I picked mine up at a welding shop (cost me $5.00)

Hey Tucker! Can you post a pic, so I know what I need to ask the sales person for or would they know what I'm talking about? Where else could I go to get this contraption? And of course I'm stumped on how such a contraption could help level a pillar candle....thanks!santa roll

Sorry I don't have a pic. Just go to a machinr shop, welding shop, something like that. get them to cut (with a saw) a piece of 3 inch by 3 inch by 6 inch long sanglr iron. If it's rusty (dirty) wire brush it clean before you use it. It must be cut perfectly square in order for it to work.

I posted something on this a while back, I had level pillars if I found a good level spot on the workbench and then just poured it and repoured it until the bottom was flat, suddenly, I wasn't doing that anymore.

I took Tucker's advice, only I got a 3 x 7 piece of aluminum from our trailer mechanics. When I'm ready to level, I set the aluminum on top of a pot of boiling water for a bit and then run the candle back and forth with a few turns for good measure. Works great!