WSP new free shipping feature?

Noodle

It could be, but that just really sucks for us that are in the surrounding states.

It does not have to suck. WSP makes it suck. I am at loss in understanding their never ending shipping issues. No other company that I have ever dealt with has such shipping problems, such a shipping saga, or such high shipping fees. I purchased 4 gallons of lotion base from BCN last week. They are MUCH farther from me than WSP. My shipping fee from BCN was literally HALF the cost of WSP's. WTH?

Edited by Noodle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased 4 gallons of lotion base from BCN last week.

their lotion and sanitizer base is all I will use. My customers love it! I add an additional 1% of oils and it makes it even more wonderful, you won't be disappointed with their base. Buying theirs by the case helps with shipping too, in addition to getting the case price. If you haven't already joined their newsletter list you really need to. They have sales every month and the bases go on sale periodically. If you watch for it and stock up you can save a pretty penny.

It does not have to suck. WSP makes it suck. I am at loss in understanding their never ending shipping issues. No other company that I have ever dealt with has such shipping problems, such a shipping saga, or such high shipping fees. I purchased 4 gallons of lotion base from BCN last week. They are MUCH farther from me than WSP. My shipping fee from BCN was literally HALF the cost of WSP's. WTH?

That's exactly why I switched alot of my products over to BC a long time ago! Even though they're MUCH farther away from me, they have always had the cheapest shipping of all my suppliers. It's always made me wonder why....I don't know all the reasons but I do know me ordering from BCN is always MUCH cheaper on shipping than WSP!

something about shipping i don't understand, is..

i can order a 50 lb box of soaping oils from Columbia oils...

it ships from almost the east coast to the west coast, and will

cost me about $32. and some change..

i can order a mixed varitity of fo's wicks, and other items that don't weight nearly as much..maybe 10 to 15 lb...and the box is not nearly as big...and it will cost me $ 25-30+ from most places..for half the amount of weight..and smaller box...

now that makes me think...who is making money on shipping..

Sometimes it is a matter of how much the company actually ships. The more they ship the better UPS rates they get via volume discounts. Smaller companies pay more so they in turn pass those higher costs on to us. Then there are some companies that add handling charges or up charge freight before billing it. Not say that did or didn't happen here, just saying it does happen.

Oh, I have used BCN base for years. (I was just using an example of the nutty shipping costs of WSP.) BCN lotion base is like velvet. I make several types of lotions (some from base, some from scratch) and BC base is a great seller.

I was doing some checking for myself. I have never ordered from WSP but when I put the exact same 10lb slab of wax and 4 8oz. bottles of FO in WSP's shopping cart compared to Peak's shopping cart, I will save $15 buying from Peaks over WSP on less than $100 order! Why would I go to WSP?

WSP is banking on the fact that you don't place the identical orders all the time.

So...I was thinking...place an order for what you want, buy one item each day...then at the end of the week they have packaged umpteen orders for you. 'Cause they won't combine orders you see. They have to use one box per order, packing materials, packing tape, packing slip, payment processing, etc... makes their cost go up per order.

See the more the weight, the more the shipping goes down. If you only order one item per order, you pay the exact shipping, or somewheres close.

See the more you order on ONE order, their shipping actually decreases, meaning you've paid the premium and they won't refund you on the discounted shipping according to weight. Am I making sense? I sure hope so. With their "in place" shipping included pricing, you won't get the 100 weight shipping....you've already paid the "set" shipping included pricing. Hence, they just made money off your large order.

If I'm nuts just tell me and I'll SU.

Carrie

That makes total sense to me too and would definitely get someone's attention at WSP BUT, keep in mind, those extra costs for shipping and packaging are just going to eventually just get passed on to the customer in the long run as price increases anyway so they only people we may hurt by doing that is ourselves in the end.

Hi all! This is my first time and posting. I found y'all by doing a search on google for complaints about WSP's recent "free" :mad: shipping program.

I just sent an email with my concerns and I understand the need for some increases on cost but this is just outrageous!! :mad: (I can't use this icon enough)

I'm sad, too because I have only used them for my supplies and now I am concerned because I feel I must start my hunt all over again. I really don't want to have to drastically increase the cost of my products for my customers and especially now with the way times are right now.

Can anyone recommend any other company out there I can go to for jars and bases?

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with y'all.

I had my account at WSP set up so that I could bill my shipping costs collect to my UPS account. This allowed me to take advantage of my lower shipping costs, and I could completely separate my supplies expenses from my postage/shipping expenses. I thought it worked out pretty sweet, but this new set-up doesn't work at all for that. So frustrating. No one else does this with their sites. The only way I could see if being of benefit is if you only wanted to pick up like 4 oz FO. But buying anything more than one item, and you're paying too much. ARGH!!

I ordered from The Chemistry Store this week and received my order in 3 days. They have a huge selection, but I wish they had more packaging. No big deal though because I order most of my packaging from SKS anyway.

The good news for me is that I bought a case of clear soap base to try. I make loofah soaps in individual molds. Well, this is bar none the best base that I have EVER used for loofah soaps. It sets quickly and I do not have to keep "pushing" down the loofah in the mold because it floats to the top when I make it. The soap firmed up so quickly and was wonderfully clear. I used the soap today and it was wonderful.

I also recommend Essentials by Catalina, Bayousome.com, Bittercreek North, and Brambleberry. Great products and customer service.

Lets see now... WSP has roughly lost $400 from me in less than a month. I suppose they are booming so much now with their new wonderful shipping program that they have not felt the pinch of losing my business. Oh well, by the end of the year they will feel it.

One last thing since I am in a foul mood anyway... In all of the years that I have purchased from WSP, I have not received so much as a single free sample of ANYTHING from them. Brambleberry, Bittercreek, and countless other suppliers send me little tidbits. Now, I do NOT expect samples, but it sure is nice. It sure is appreciated. A sample every 10 orders or so would have been appreciated. Instead, I received higher shipping rates than any company in the USA.

So people... relax, take a deep breath, and spend 10 minutes looking. There are alternatives. There IS life after WSP.

Edited by Noodle

Noodle, thank you. I forgot about the good ol' Chemistry Store and it's comforting to know there are others. I'm ashamed but desperate. I just placed and order for ONLY the 8 oz jars and lids and that's it. Typically, I would have bought more and spent at least $150. Tonight I only spent $32 and change.

You're right. They have never included samples. It's not that they have to but it's a nice gesture especially for long time customers. I've noticed other companies always seem to throw in a Lagniappe and so do I for my customers to say, thank you, I really, truly appreciate your business and support. I will even refund the difference with my flat rate shipping if it's less. I just feel it's the right thing to do.

OK, I rambled and I will step down from my soap box before I slip and fall.

... Oh, and for that earlier comment form Debbie at WSP, basically saying people posting on these threads are not really customers, I bet she will be taking back those words now.

Let's see, they lost at least $120.00 from me this evening.

i agree on the samples..

elements also always throws in samples of fo's..

and several of them, that they sent, i liked so well that i now buy in 16oz size..

so it does pay off for them..

when you think about it..you are already paying the shipping so it is only costing them,

the 1oz bottle and the fo...which i am sure hardly cost them anything..as they buy in such quanity..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

if anyone knows of other places to buy heat seal sample packets i'd be MUCH obliged to know where!?! WSP supplies does have the BEST price on these even with the "free shipping". sooo, has anyone seen these other places? kangaroo blue has some but they are smaller and cost twice as much. SW has some and are white, which *would* work, but my client likes the foil.

It is not even the size of the sample. It is the gesture for my years and years of purchasing from them continuously. A little sniffy every 10 orders would have made an impression on me. A little pinch of clay or of a botanical. NOTHING. Nature's Garden just gave me a scented rose with my order. Bramblerry gives. Bittercreek gives. Many suppliers give.

Agree, I always receive a scented rose from NG or a 1oz. FO from Peak's, no matter how small my order. Last year in december, I received a 2010 planner from Peak's. Never a thing from WSP.

I've come to the conclusion that WSP are too blatantly greedy and I'd be quite gullible to think that they have my best interests at heart :rolleyes2

I now shop at EBC, Aquatech for my bases (starting to get my feet wet with B&B.... as if I need another hobby to keep me in the poor-house... aren't candles enough punishment?:laugh2:)

After a week of deliberating, I decided to go back to WSP to get a gallon of the base that I love. I feel like the scorned woman that caught her hubby cheating but she is still trying to make it work. And of course, I find out that the sale that they were offering (part of the settlement deal in my mind) is gone!!!!:angry2::angry2::angry2:

I'll admit it. I'm weak. I really don't want to deal with WSP since their business practices sicken me but for the moment I have to. Sigh. I hate that I have to do a ton of research to find a new supplier.