WSP new free shipping feature?

Noodle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Babble away dnj! :) I bought bottles from Jody's and like you already mentioned, they were very scratched up. I used her soap base and I think it is WSP's dead on. It was very nice.

Mparadise, I would be careful ordering packaging from Jody's. Perhaps try a small order- just to check her out. I also think that her fos are weak.

Edited by Noodle

I agree with you noodle.....small orders on a first order are the best way to go.

I never spend much more than 30.00 on a first time order from any supplier to test the waters.

But...with the way wsp charges....can't get much for 30 bucks :(

I like to play around with MP sometimes to give myself a break from candles and remember wsp's soap bases being really nice so it's great to know that Jody's are the same or close....thanks for the feedback :smiley2:

Edited by dnj

Of course it is a FREE sample to the customer. Their overhead is not my business. My overhead is my business. A DECENT company does not convey its overhead to its customers and moans about price increases. WSP moans constantly. Of course it is absurd NOT to give a customer a FREE sample in over 350 large orders purchased. To say that it is not absurd is ridiculous. Of course their lack of FREE samples belongs on their list of absurdities.

they don't take the overhead out of their paychecks - they build it into their pricing. it would be ridiculous to think that you aren't covering their overhead in the product pricing - unless you are talking about a charity.

you think your grocery store's prices don't include enough upcharge to cover, in addition to their product costs, such overhead costs as electricity, rent, insurance, and PROMOTIONS (such as "free samples")?

that's like believing in free delivery and the tooth fairy.

I used to purchase all of my jars & lids from them, I live an hour away so it was no big deal to run up there and pick up.

However, this last time I placed an order I almost had a stroke !!

I only ordered 20 cases of 8 oz. jelly jars & the same amount in lids, something I have orderd time and time again at a reasonable cost...well not this time .

with all the crazy price increases and shipping rolled into the price, my order was off the hook !

well I obviously didn't need the shipping option, so I'm thinking the cost will come down to normal..WRONG

Now those same jars that I paid around $5.00 a case for are now $9.00, the lids that were $2.95 per dozen, now are almost $6.00.

After I spoke with them and had the shipping costs put back onto my debit card , I still paid $56.00 more for this order compared to my previous order.

I hate having to switch any of my suppliers, but they leave me no choice.

Guess I'll be getting my jars at Big Lots again....:sad2:

Carebear, I am not going to debate over this. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what you are arguing with me over, and what it has to do with treating customers well.

Start a whole different thread about overhead, paychecks, etc... if that is what floats your boat. The whole point is that WSP gives nothing to its customers- absolutely nothing. Who gives a rat's ass where the sample is coming from and who is paying for it? Practically every other company manages to find a way to GIVE. WSP does not.

I ordered from Peaks for the first time last week. I received a generous sample. If I "paid" for it in their pricing or whatever else, that is fine. In over 300 orders, I received not one thing from WSP.

Edited by Noodle

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the opposite side, everything that I've needed this year has increased in price since December. Luckily, I've found some things elsewhere (to the tune of $300 loss for them this month), but guess they haven't lost enough other business to make a difference.