WSP new free shipping feature?

Noodle

I should say SHIPPING INCLUDED IN THE PRICE feature.

Has anyone tried this yet?

It is an absolute disaster for me. I just dumped my cart because I refuse to pay $40 in shipping for an order that would have cost me $25 to ship a week ago. I was floored when I saw my shipping fee.

I am a regular customer and WSP is my main supplier. I HOPE that WSP can figure out how to fix the glitches with this new "free shipping" thing or else just get rid of this feature altogether. It is too costly for me to be a customer.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? How can it be free if it's charging you $40???

I haven't ordered from WSP because, honestly, every time I read anything about them the shipping issues ($$$) come. That much constant negativity around a company turns me off. It's not like Peak, or Cajun, or all the other companies where most posts are positive about them.

I was going to order a few jars last week and my shipping came to $50. I am in PA and they are 4 hours from me. I ended up not ordering also. I ordered from a different supplier and ended up paying $16 to ship the same number of jars. Go figure. Glad I am not the only one who found that ridiculous! I will continue ordering my lotion from there because my customers love it, but I am not adding any new products from them until the shipping comes down.

I found that too, Plus The Prices on some of the products I was ordering went up $1.55 EACH over night...I had it in my cart and the next morning it was different so with that and the shipping I declined to order.

To clarify what the situation is, I will give an example.

2 or so weeks ago, body butter base was $29 per gallon. Now, with the shipping included in the price of the base, the total cost is $38.00. That is not the problem. The problem is when you cart, lets say, 2 bases. Then you add on other items with "shipping included" in those prices. The cost skyrockets. Now while no shipping is charged since it is already "included" in the price, my total order for the exact same order that I have purchased many times in the past was $15 higher. This is ridiculous!

Marisa, I understand what you mean. I know that shipping must be charged. I order from other suppliers too and keep track of the norms. WSP clearly has excessive shipping fees.

Edited by Noodle

I'm done ordering from them too.

I posted a week or so ago about the shipping fees on a color block alone...5.95 for 1 89 cent block. I'm not sure if the price is supposed to be removed at the end of checkout? If not...say you order 2 candle color blocks that comes to almost 12 bucks...ummm no thanks...

They need to correct this new system they have or they are going to loose alot of customers.

The FO prices are crazy high also even with the free shipping yet the items that I used to get from them were the candle tins and PET bottles because those prices are pretty good(no free shipping on them)

The MP soap bases are 5.50 per 2lb block with free shipping so thats not too bad if you are only getting that amount.

For the most part...the prices are way out there and as long as thats the case I'm staying away and sticking with my favs....CS and Berts

if i were all of you...

i would write a nice letter explaining all of this...

if they get enough letters...they will try to fix it i am sure..

i am sure they don't want to loose customers..

i have not ordered from them in a long time..

so was not aware that some things were free..and some not..

I contacted WSP via email yesterday and received a very nice response that they will be calling me soon. I am hoping that this is corrected. They do have the fastest shipping as far as I am concerned. When I am in a pinch, my order gets here quickly. I would hate to have to look elsewhere. It is one stop shopping for me.

I agree that a single box of soap base or a single gallon of body butter base is fine with the shipping included in it. The problem is when you buy one of a few items, and have a few things in your cart. A lotion base, a body butter base, citric acid, etc... The shipping becomes insane with this new "shipping fee included in price" thing.

Edited by Noodle

I noticed that too. I need to order soap base but I refuse to pay that ridiculous price. The shipping is not FREE if they JACK the PRICE UP! :angry2: So I guess I get to take a partial day off of work to go and pick up soap base/supplies now that they've made this change to their pricing. Ludicrous!! At least they will refund you the cost of the "free shipping" if you go to pick the items up! That's the only bonus. I sure as hell would not want to pay 5 bucks a tray for MP if I had to pick it up too! :shocked2:

For me the cost is the same for just one block of base.

I would be annoyed if I were "refunded" the shipping at pick up. You should not have to be refunded. You should not be charged in the first place if you are picking up! Once you click on "pick up" for your order, the price should adjust right there.

I received a very pleasant phone call today from WSP...

According to them, the shipping included in the price has received a great response from customers. Customers can see exactly what their costs are. Okay, I get that. But I explained my issue.

On large case orders, the cost has not changed for me. I will continue to order soap base from WSP. However, once in a while I need just ONE gallon of each thing. One lotion, one body butter, etc... Sometimes, I just want to try a few things. With this new shipping included policy I can no longer do this. So while I do understand to an extent what WSP has done, today they lost my business for an order that I placed elsewhere. I simply refuse to pay $40 more than I would have 2 weeks ago for this new "shipping included" feature. I ordered the equivalent elsewhere today and it cost me $18.00 in shipping. I view $22.00 in savings as a very good thing!

The woman on the phone did seem sincere in wanting to correct this problem and said that she will mention this issue to Debbie. If pick up orders are getting the "shipping included" refunded, shouldn't combined orders receive a refund for reduced shipping?

Edited by Noodle

We have never used them before, and really will never even look at them if this is the way they do business. Reminds me of those Ebayers that sell a item for $.99 but shipping is $29.00. There has to be a way to give a discounted shipping cost, but will they do it? Or is the better question, how money hungry are they?

Honestly, WSP has the best service as far as I am concerned. I think they have the fastest shipping on the planet. The thing is... the shipping fees are just never right with them. I just do not understand what the deal is there. ??? I know that shipping is costly all over. I just do not know why it is so much more costly for WSP to ship than it is for other suppliers much further away. :confused:

Our costs have increased dramatically since we use both regular shipping and "free" shipping items from them. The order I was going to place recently was over $30 in "shipping" when calculating the upcharge that has been added into the pricing of certain items plus the standard shipping charge for the other items. A couple of months ago, a nearly identical order was only $15 for shipping.

What ticks me off more is that it is done under the guise of "helping" us. Since it's sooo hard to calculate costs, we'll just charge a premium so you don't have to strain your brain. --No thanks, WSP.

They are forever trying to make money off shipping. When people get mad enough, they'll fix it for a while (a long while this last time), then they go and do something like this again. :angry2:

I guess WSP will figure it out when they see orders disappear like mine. I will not pay $40 to ship something when I can get the same deal for $18 in shipping fees elsewhere. Their bases are good, but I can find many comparable bases elsewhere. It is not rocket science. Excessive shipping charged + BS reasons for it = Customers headed elsewhere.

wow, I hope someone at WSP reads these posts; maybe they'll do something about the shipping. I like most of their products, but the shipping is way too high:sad2:. So I usually end up shopping somewhere else.

I also hope WSP reads this thread. I really wanted to try their Goat Milk and Honey lotion base, and the Silk and Shea M&P. People do seem to be happy with their products, but there have been recurring posts expressing frustration with their excessive shipping costs for several years. It definitely makes someone that hasn't ordered before leery to do so. If it were closer, I would pickup, but 6 hours in the car is too long & too expensive for a personal hobby. Although I have driven dogs 10 hours in the car to a show! Of course, that's different!

I really wanted to try their Goat Milk and Honey lotion base, and the Silk and Shea M&P.

I feel your pain. While the shipping included feature has not affected single purchases of a case of soap base, a case of lotion, etc... it has ruined single gallon purchases completely. You cannot try their goat milk and honey loion base, their silk and shea base, etc... and receive a reasonable shipping fee- unless you buy multi gallons of the SAME base. Their cart is not equiped to deduct the "excess shipping included" costs, not do you receive reimbursement after purchase. This is my frustration.

I too hope that they read this post. We have no issue with the company at all. I love the one stop shopping and the fast service. But none of this matters at all if I am not purchasing because the shipping is through the roof.

I have ordered from WSP for years. I really believe Debbie has our best interest at heart. I called to inquire about the New Coupon Program, the CS Rep could not tell me much but said it is going to be a good one:cheesy2:. My understanding is WSP is taking into account all orders placed in Spring. So I guess I am aquiring points as we speak.

I also participated in the last WSP Swap and believe Debbie was more than generous with her donations.

So I will continue shopping with WSP:yay:

I quit buying from them a few years ago......their jerking us around with the shipping costs, stupid games with some free shipping this month and higher next month, etc, etc. is not worth it my time or trouble. I'm sorry, but their products are not 'all that' and I found replacements for everything I used to order from them and at MUCH cheaper shipping rates and overall costs!! There are way too many GOOD suppliers with honest shipping rates out there to even give WSP a thought!! :cool2:

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this whole situation. While I love the selection of WSP and I have no issue with Debbie, the shipping is nuts. In the end, I have to think about my business, my profits, etc... I can no longer "one stop" shop at WSP. I love their soap base and the shipping included thing has not affected my costs at all for soap. But I will have to go elsewhere for everything else. Sad, but reality.

Chris...I use their crystal clear m&p base, ultra white base and head-to-toe lotion base...if you don't mind me asking...who did you get to replace them..that is if you use these bases? I also live on the East Coast and while ordering one or the other doesn't seem expensive..adding multiple items puts it way out of reach for me. On the m &p base, I really need the low sweat variety.

Thanks for any info.

Karen