WSP new free shipping feature?

Noodle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be nothing but GREED involved with this company.

I'd almost swear they are almost trying to brainwash people into thinking they have our best interest at heart.....NOT.....the only interest they have is making their wallets thicker.

I know I can find cheaper and better products elsewhere....besides I honestley don't think the FOs they sell are all that great in candle wax...maybe ok for B&B but I haven't found 1 thats seems to have a very good throw in candles.

It looks as though the company is going to go down the crapper if they don't wise up.....they are doing it themselves by being greedy and lying to people saying that they are losing money and absorbing costs...blah blah blah

I was thinking about this last night. They have just recently raised pricing on several items like containers, some fragrances, and soap base or wax(?) before instituting the shipping included increases. So for them to say they have been absorbing increases now is bunk. There was a hefty increase on some of the containers, more than what was stated on the blog, and now this nearly doubles the cost.

Sabrina, WSP will care when they see their numbers drop. I am not going to give any numbers, but I spend a lot from WSP WEEKLY- sometimes twice a week. My last order with them was nearly 3 weeks ago since this whole fiasco began. I have sunk all of my money into other suppliers in place of WSP.

I may also go with the EBC base if they can ship in large quantity. May as well make a clean break. I cannot see myself buying soap base from them if that is ALL that I am buying. I would rather give my money to a company that cares about shipping. EBC has the sense to ship in flat rate boxes.

Sabrina, WSP will care when they see their numbers drop. I am not going to give any numbers, but I spend a lot from WSP WEEKLY- sometimes twice a week. My last order with them was nearly 3 weeks ago since this whole fiasco began. I have sunk all of my money into other suppliers in place of WSP.

I may also go with the EBC base if they can ship in large quantity. May as well make a clean break. I cannot see myself buying soap base from them if that is ALL that I am buying. I would rather give my money to a company that cares about shipping. EBC has the sense to ship in flat rate boxes.

MInd if I ask what EBC is? Is it Elements?

EBC is Essentials by Catalina.

WSP carries Crafter's Choice bases. Is there no one else that carries Crafter's Choice or did WSP have exclusive rights to their products? I love the Goat's Milk and Honey lotion, and it's a great seller for me, but I won't be paying exorbitant shipping fees to get it. Guess I'll shop around. That's too bad. I was always happy with WSP.

I am not particularly worried about finding replacements for bases. There are so many good ones out there. I am just annoyed that I have to HUNT all over again. I would like to find one supplier that has almost everything if possible.

Anyone know of a really good and thick shower gel base? One that holds FO really well?

Edited by Noodle

Jody's has a good one but thought it's been sitting in my shop for like a year or so I still haven't played with many fragrances in it.

I've switched most of my B&B stuff over to BCN lately. I've had great luck with all their B&B products however they don't have their suspending shower gel any more. :sad2:

I emailed WSP's customer service the link to this thread and got a response back from Debbie May....I'm not really impressed and think I may have found a replacement for everything else I currently had to get from WSP. Here's the response from Debbie May on this thread ~

Hi,

Thanks for forwarding the link. I have been following the thread on and off for since another forum member sent me the link earlier this week. I appreciate you also passing it along.

I do understand that the decision to make "shipping included in the price" has not been popular with some people on the craftserver forum. Frankly, I have never put a lot of weight into forums because in the past I have found people often "jump on a bandwagon" and when researched we found they were never customers of WSP. I much prefer customers approaching our company directly in an honest manner with their real name, contact information and order history.

While we have received a few complaints about the new program we have received overwhelming support for the program. People seem to be genuinely excited to get a handle on their costs to better price their products. Please be assured that I am watching sales very closely and will be prepared to tweak the program if needed.

Again, I appreciate and thank you for your feedback. It is only through honest feedback that we can improve the company for all customers.

Debbie May

Thought ya'll might find that interesting. I emailed back but have not gotten a response. I stand behind what I've said before.... while I did like their products and their previous pricing was OK....their shipping (while they're my closest supplier) has always been much higher than any other suppliers and this is just the straw that breaks the camels back. I still feel as though WSP could care how ALL their customers feel. While I know in this business you can't please everyone, this is a pretty big matter to just ignore the "few" who are upset! IMO anyways.

I did get a call from them today on the email I sent this morning but I was on the phone with a customer at the time & missed the call. They were calling to let me know they had reviewed my last order and would like to discuss it with me. The last order wasn't the problem, that was about the same as it would be to reship it because that was mostly bulk soap base that ships on it's own anyway. The problem is once I started looking back over the other recent orders they were anywhere from $3-$15 more per order on average and the one closest to the order I am getting ready to place was an additional $30 for the EXACT same order now. It wasn't anything crazy either - bubble bath base, pearlizing foam booster, ducks, the feather top bags , some small jars and a few other B&B additives. I am sorry but I am not a big company so an additional $30 is a big deal to me and that was if I bought the exact same thing, the next order I was going to order even more to get ready for my summer events now so I would have stock already made ahead of time while it is quiet. God knows how much more that would have been! Yes, I realize that this order was placed a few months ago and some of the material prices have increased but come on....an additional $30 worth on a $225 order?

I do understand that the decision to make "shipping included in the price" has not been popular with some people on the craftserver forum. Frankly, I have never put a lot of weight into forums because in the past I have found people often "jump on a bandwagon" and when researched we found they were never customers of WSP. I much prefer customers approaching our company directly in an honest manner with their real name, contact information and order history.

While we have received a few complaints about the new program we have received overwhelming support for the program. People seem to be genuinely excited to get a handle on their costs to better price their products. Please be assured that I am watching sales very closely and will be prepared to tweak the program if needed.

Again, I appreciate and thank you for your feedback. It is only through honest feedback that we can improve the company for all customers.

Debbie May

Deny, deny, deny. That's their MO.

I find it hard to believe that there is overwhelming support for jacking prices up. Who wants to "get a handle on their costs" with outrageous increases? That's NOT getting a handle on costs. It's exactly the opposite.

If you truly wanted to "help" your customers, you'd teach a class or offer a tutorial on how to break down product and shipping costs, not ream them in price increases.

And exactly how are they "researching" who we are? I hope everyone has started contacting them to prove we're real.

Nobody is jumping on any bandwagon here. There was a complaint posted on their forum but that was pretty much stopped dead in its tracks. The person that complained was in so many words told to not complain about it and to take it up with them over the phone.

For anyone to be happy over such an absurd price increase is absurd in itself.

They charge too much for some items to begin with( FOs for one thing) yet some prices on some products are...no were pretty decent but not anymore when they want to charge such outragous shipping fees.

I don't think they are going to change these prices anytime soon becuase that would mean admitting to the overcharge sooooo it's time to move on to a better and cheaper company.....a company that cares about ALL of thier customers.

Yup I totally agree!!! And I shared her response because honestly it upset me a little bit that she doens't consider what's wrote on a message board like craftserver to be legidiment. I mean, every now and again yeah you can get a troll on any message board on the internet but what makes her think all these people here aren't her customers just because she doesn't know they're real name. Also, who cares if they aren't customers...should she care about potential customers as well?! JMO on it but I know it irked me that I'm not "important" just because I "jumped on a bandwagon" on a message board.

I sent her a pretty lengthy response to this and never heard anything back. Can't imagine why.....

Just another update ~ I just got an email back from Debbie May and she's actually looking in to this alot more now. She's currently going through my past orders to see (or show me) how this should save me money. If in deed it will, I will retract all I've said however when everything gets factored in, I still think this is only saving money for people making small orders.

We'll see...

not even those making small orders. i made an order in january it cost me 111.88 or something i went and put exactly everything in my cart that i had then and it came out to 125 something. an additional cost of 13 and some change. i dont consider that a big order. i cant check my most recent orders since they were surplus items and they are gone now.

I'd be interested to see if it could actually save me $$ too. Out of the 8-10 orders over the last 6 months I looked at there was 1 order that was about 1-2 dollars less when I only ordered 1 item, the rest were atleast a few dollars more and one was $30 more with a mixed box of items. I am sorry but it is rare when I only order one thing so if that is the only time it benefits you then I am all set.

I recalculated my 1/9/10 order where I paid $26.58 for shipping. Added those same items to my cart now and saved $3.09. Whop!

It's not free shipping, I don't care how you do the math. It's shipping built in.

Nothings FREE! Remember that.

ETS: FREE shipping is when you place the same order you placed BEFORE the change and actually got FREE shipping. Now that's FREE.

Edited by candlelady

I much prefer customers approaching our company directly in an honest manner with their real name, contact information and order history.

I did that Debbie- as soon as I discovered your new system. I spoke to Karen on Monday 5/2. My first name is Lori. I placed an order that day for one product in bulk that did not suck me dry in shipping. You can figure out who I am if you look me up. You can see that I am a real customer.

I began this thread because I was very upset about insane shipping fees from WSP - be it included in the price of the item or not. I have been a long time customer who is not jumping on any bandwagon. Look me up and see the amount that I have purchased from you. Look me up and see what you have not made from me since 5/2 because I went elsewhere. I was a CONSTANT customer. I was a real customer. Since you have been following this thread, perhaps you will see this message.

Edited by Noodle

Sweet! Out of curiousity...what state are you located in?

I had a thought while cooking dinner....I wonder what shipping rate they used when they calculated the shipping costs to add to the items. That might explain why it is costing some of us that aren't too far away more. If you are further away the shipping cost across more ups "zones" would be more where closer shipments would cost less the old way. Just a thought.....that would account for some of it anyway.

Edited by mparadise

something about shipping i don't understand, is..

i can order a 50 lb box of soaping oils from Columbia oils...

it ships from almost the east coast to the west coast, and will

cost me about $32. and some change..

i can order a mixed varitity of fo's wicks, and other items that don't weight nearly as much..maybe 10 to 15 lb...and the box is not nearly as big...and it will cost me $ 25-30+ from most places..for half the amount of weight..and smaller box...

now that makes me think...who is making money on shipping..