WSP new free shipping feature?

Noodle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Karen, I don't use their M & P bases, I make CP soap. I used to use their crystal clear base for my fish in the bag, but quit making those years ago. I also use Essential Wholesale's goat's milk lotion base and goat's milk cream base.

I didn't see an FO increase either. It did go up a few months back when they put the "shipping included" thing in it.

Karen, I think for your soap base, the cost will not really affect you if you continue to purchase by the case from WSP. I still find that the cost is less than most. I do not know what to do about the lotion that is sold by the gallon. I have never used the head to toe lotion, so I cannot give you an opinion on that one. My hunt is for shower gel now. This really stinks...

I am so pissed at WSP about there shipping prices. I spoke to a rep there and got nowhere. I allways used to buy my bottles and sprayers from them. But now I will not any more cause of the shipping added on. I ask why no discount on 2 sets of 48 bottles she tells me cause they have to put each set in a sepperate box to ship it. Thats bunk the other place I buy from puts them all in one box and then ship to me. They are getting to be such a rip off. I am going elsewere to buy my supplies. :mad:

im looking for a replacement supplier right now for my 2 oz and 4 oz jars, for the same reason being double charged shipping. i have ordered 2 of the 48 sets before and gotten them in one big box.

My opinion has changed. I was kind of ticked off with a phone call that I had yesterday with WSP. The woman on the phone kept telling me how much supplies went up this year and that Debbie keeps "absorbing the costs for her customers", that she is long overdue for a price increase, etc... I do not say things like that to MY customers. It is so unprofessional to discuss your costs with your customers.

Now while I will stick with their soap base (because nothing has changed for me there,) I really need to hunt for a new shower base supplier pronto! I will NOT pay their price. I have also found a new packaging supplier.

Of course, I wait to finally order and now this BS? An average $17 shipping order is now over $20 and I don't even have everything in the cart yet. :mad:

You'd think they are sooo biiiiig that they could set up the cart for shipping included on cases but not smaller sets since her oh-so-helpful email explains how stupid we all are and can't figure costs and we'll save on cases, which IS true. Just ignore that they want to screw customers when they purchase small amounts. But then, they have always been about the "big" customers and screw the little ones. I've seen it and heard it from them time and again.

We purchase both case and small sizes of things at various times...but won't buy anything from them once new suppliers are secured.

Edited by beesweet

Yeah, I am more into this as a hobby and they want me to purchase 48 damn jars. I DON'T NEED 48:mad:...I am looking for a new supplier as well.

Edited by Red

I do buy a lot in bulk from them which is what is infuriating. I buy a ton of soap base. However, there are other items that I buy in smaller quantity. Now I cannot purchase those items in smaller quantity any longer because of the insane shipping fees. To be honest, I am so tired of this company acting like they are doing ME a favor with this "shipping included" crap.

I have come to the conclusion that WSP is going to lose so much business from this entire fiasco. Existing customers will up and run. Potential customers will not even give them a passing glance.

I have come to the conclusion that WSP is going to lose so much business from this entire fiasco. Existing customers will up and run. Potential customers will not even give them a passing glance.

I hope so. And I hope EVERYONE emails them to complain as well.

I needed a small quantity of bottles for a special project that we are doing. The cost went from an average .37 each to .55 each. That equates to a $1 price increase for our product.

I just went in and did some mock orders to see what would happen. I looked at my order history and did two different orders that had the exact same products in the cart.

Both times the new way of shipping saved me money (yes, I was totally shocked!). The first time it was a savings of $3 and the second time it was a $7 savings. These were also around $300 orders too.

That being said, I am only 1 state away from them so it may not be your experience. I'd suggest people go and try it, just look at your order history and load up your cart.

Edited to add that I just went and did a smaller $64 dollar order and it charged me $9 MORE. That's farked up. So it looks like the more expensive orders may save you money but the smaller ones are really kicking you in the arse!

Edited by melissaroth6868

I just went and did my order i had in january with them. first order was 111.88 total with shipping. the new order with all the same supplies with the free shipping is 125.15. 13.27 more than it was without the free shipping.

I just checked the site (I was comparing their prices to a new supplier that I had in mind) and noticed that single gallon lotion bases are now 20% off. Maybe all of the online complaint and emails have been working. While its tempting, I'm not sure how long it will last. I'm still kindof leary.:confused:

melissaroth6868, it is probably the items that you are purchasing that works for you. I do think that you are in the minority.

My example: 2 bottles of lotion base shipped to me in New jersey now costs $6.00 more than before. This is because shipping is included in INDIVIDUAL gallons and not added up according to weight like before. If I order more individual gallons- lets say a gallon of shower gel. The shipping included makes my order $9.00 more that it was before. Case orders are fine because it is just one "shipping included" factored in.

I am sure that there are advantages for some, but for many this new way of shipping is a big blow to customers.

Also, I am not seeing 20% off on WSP lotion bases. Point me in the right direction because NOW I am curious! I wonder if there are complaints besides my big mouth.

Edited by Noodle

with their 20% off. it makes each gallon 20.00 ( basic lotion) but yet their 5 gallon bucket is 83.00 free shipping lol.. it would be 80.00 for 4 gallons. sorry thought that was funny. you can get 4 gallons for 68 i think..

I did notice that if I did just full cases of MP base (blocks) my cost with shipping is about the same but when I do a "couple of these, couple of those" orders where many items are added to one box they are significantly more. I did email them about my concerns and got this response:

"Thank you for your email, the prices of the products now include shipping. There were also manufacturers price increases on most of the products which were held off for months. Please refer to Debbie's Blog for more information regarding the shipping now being included in the price.

Have a nice day"

Is it just me or is every blog/newsletter mentioning yet ANOTHER price increase that they are passing on to their customers?? Ya, I'm thinking if I did that to my customers on a monthly basis I would lose QUITE a few of them!

Oh well.....I can get many of the same items from other suppliers already but had been getting them from WSP because they were slightly less once we factored in shipping. I am betting many of these will end up being less from my other suppliers now with combined shipping on my orders. Sorry...my day job is for a medical supply company that ships MANY pallets of product out via UPS daily, I know what shipping cost SHOULD be even before their UPS volume discounts which are credited back on your invoice...these are more than a little excessive even pre-discount. Their loss.....

Edited by mparadise

ive actually been thinking about trying essentials by catalina's bases. right now she has a mix n match sale going on i can get 40 pounds of white soap base for 60.00. and she ships in flat rate boxes. so it would be like 80.00. verses 96.00 at wsp for 2 24 pound blocks

I am also NOT happy at all with WSP! I also emailed them and this is the response I got ~

Hello,

Thanks for your email and I am sorry but all of our products now have shipping included. I am so sorry but we can't separate out.

Thank you,

I suggested to them that they offer BOTH prices....one with free shipping and the other without so we could CHOOSE what we wanted! Seems logical to me! If we wanted to pay the higher price on some items because it really would save us on shipping then we could choose that. Obviously they don't like that idea either!

My example to them was some of the silicone molds. I know for a fact those used to be $10 each before shipping. These are now $13 each with shipping included. Ummm I'm sorry but I live 3 hours from them and there is NO chance that it would cost $30 in shipping for 10 molds to be shipped to me!

I had already switched most of my products I get from them to other suppliers (for those looking for a different packaging supplier Jody's... soapandthings.com has many of the same things WSP has and is almost always cheaper than WSP even before they put the shipping in!) however I'm having trouble finding a supplier for 4 AND 8 oz natural malibu bottles as well as the orrifice reducers. If any one knows of a supplier for these PLEASE share if you can. I recently made several of my fish soaps that I normally would have used WSP's crystal clear for and instead used BCN's clear M&P and honestly the difference wasn't THAT different. Not quite as clear but definetly usable! I actually even colored the ones with BC base with a little blue FD&C and they look great! So I'm switching there for my soap, I also switched my lotion from the goat's milk and honey to the BC's base. I love it MUCH more and it's a whole lot cheaper than the goats milk was even before the shipping included.

I hope EVERYONE sends them an email or calls or whatever to complain about this. It's absolutely rediculous and it ticks me off more that they don't even seem to care! I tried putting in some of their new surplus items...one each of each color of the new lip balm tubes (just 1 - 48 count each) and 1 - 48 count each of those new red and green plaid sprayers and with shipping the order total was about $150! I'm sorry but no way in H*LL does it cose $150 for those items with shipping elsewhere. Rediculous! Unless they change things they have lost my business totally ones I find a new supplier for the malibu bottles and the orrifice reducers!