A couple of mottle testers (burn test added)

I'm working with a new wax formulation for the mottles and already know I'm gonna have to wick up, so I made a couple of small pillars to test with - one flat top and one concave because they burn differently. Thought I'd photograph and put them up before setting them on fire.

These little guys are colored with a jade block and fragranced with WYW Bamboo. This FO throws very strongly with a modest amount, but the scent is profoundly nasty. I'm glad this is the last of it.

It's the second WYW FO I've tried so far and the second dud. I have a bunch more to try and I'm sure there are some good ones.

post-710-139458387504_thumb.jpg

Beautiful mottles you have there, love the color. I love that wax you are using, whatever it is. Maybe you should sell it, I know a lot of people that would buy it. :D LOL!

Also wanted to say, I like the concave one better than the flat top.

Oh my Gosh Top, those are awesome!!!!

I'm having such a hard time with mottles these days, and with 1274 on top of it all..... I've just bought a case of 1343, and I'm hoping to start experimenting with that this week. I can only hope mine look half as good as yours....... any chance of learning your secrets?!?!?!? 3053266i.gif

It's funny - bamboo is one of my best sellers - especially for men. They love the nice clean smell and it is strong. I use a 1/2 oz per lb. Did you use too much? It is really funny how everyone's taste is so different - it is one of my fav's. The other that comes from wyw that I do extremely well with is Hibiscus & Thai Palm. BTW - mottles are wonderful:)

It's funny - bamboo is one of my best sellers - especially for men. They love the nice clean smell and it is strong. I use a 1/2 oz per lb. Did you use too much? It is really funny how everyone's taste is so different - it is one of my fav's. The other that comes from wyw that I do extremely well with is Hibiscus & Thai Palm. BTW - mottles are wonderful:)
It's funny but those are the two FOs I've tried so far and rejected.

The smell of Bamboo is just a matter of taste I guess. I wish I could use it - the throw is terrific and I did use a smallish amount. The Hibiscus smells better to me, but it's a pretty straight-on floral. Nice but not extraordinary IMHO. Problem is that it doesn't throw as well as the Bamboo and it's one of their ultra expensive top shelf fragrances. Just didn't have enough bang for the buck. Next I plan to try the Persimmons & Water Orchid. Has a nice name and smells promising OOB.