Simply Unbelievable!!

Don't know if I posted this in the right place or not and if I didn't, I apologize!! I just have to vent a little in regards to a situation with a supplier that I spend $25,000/yr with or possibly more! I love CandleScience, I love their fragrances, I love Mike(one of the owner I believe) and with that being said, it is amazing to me how one person in their office can make it so difficult to not want to continue to order from them. Diane in their office has not provided good customer service to us nor does she care if she retains us as customers or not. :mad: When my husband said, doesn't it matter to you that we order so much from you and we are unhappy with a particular issue that occurred, her reply was that they have a lot of other accounts besides us as well to take care of. I was simply appalled. I am so dissappointed because I get a large majority of my items from them and have to say that I will be looking for a new supplier due to the way things were handled. It really is a shame because I am happy with everything else about them....Just an FYI in the future if you happen to have to call CS for anything, I truly would veer away from speakingwith the aforementioned!!

Belinda!

Luminous Glow Candles

Don't blame CandleScience for that one person's behavior. You wouldn't want your whole family judged based on one member's actions, for example. Try again, and see if you can get Mike or somebody else.

Don't blame CandleScience for that one person's behavior. You wouldn't want your whole family judged based on one member's actions, for example. Try again, and see if you can get Mike or somebody else.

That is great in theory but in reality when I get bad customer service even if it is made right it leave a bad taste. I am less likely to deal with that company again out of fear it happening again. I will order again if it is made right but I will also be on the look out for mistakes and even hold them to a higher standard the next time out of fear of getting messed with again.

Basically what I am saying is they need people in customer service that treat people decent not with the attitude that they have plenty of other customer so no biggy.

I know it not fair to treat it like that but once burned twice shy. That is human nature.

Now after all that said I have never had any problems with Candle Science not one so I will continue to buy from them. I have found they great to work with and always got great CS.

Hey Vicki, I've never had any problems either until now and I have been using them for quite a while. When we asked to speak with Mike (whom I might add we have spoken with many times before),she stated Mike does not deal with the customers and she would give him a message!! It just seems like these larger companies do not care much about the little guys anymore...probably cause they have much bigger fish with much bigger $ I am sure. Just discouraged and actually quite sad. I have always loved them as a company! Just an FYI for everyone, not trying to discourage anyone from using them, just want other people to be informed!!

You have a really good point and I would feel the same way. I totally understand where you are coming from. I also wanted to state that I have never had a problem and hopefully never do. If I do, you can bet I will be looking up this thread LOL

I think it does come down to the owners of the business, since they are the one's who hired the office personnel. After all they are the owners and they are responsible for the behavior of their hired help.

I just feel that if I hired someone to take over customer service, I would let them know that everyone needs to be treated with respect, be polite and try to work out the situation with the customer as they are the one's who keep us in business.

There are some customers who you could just as well do without their business because they are never satisfied, but I don't think this is the case in this situation.

JMO

I get a lot from Candlescience too and am disappointed to see this. Yes, one person's attitude can really hurt a business. Sad thing is, if Mike does not know she did this, he has no way of trying to make it right. I hope you will get in touch with him somehow and let him know this happened. It seems there are companies falling all over themselves trying to get our business these days, and they deserve a chance. The bigger guys better watch out. The chances we give these other suppliers may just end up getting ALL our business. I would give them another chance, though. It if ever happened again then I'd close the door. There are too many others right now who are making it their business to see we are happy and would love to have our money.

i get everything i use for candles from candle science. i started out with them in march 2008, and have never had a reason to change. i'm just a small fish compared to some of you on the forum, but i have called them a LOT with many, many questions. i hold my breath hoping for diane to answer, she has been nothing short of wonderful EVERY TIME i've called. she had infinite patience with my newbie questions last (2008) spring and has continued to give me nothing but the best service. in fact, a couple times when i spoke to a man (not sure who) i felt that i was possibly annoying him a bit.

i can't imagine what could have caused what happened to you, but i had to write and tell about my experiences with diane. she has always gone above and beyond for me.

i hope she is not in some kind of crisis situation in her life, because this is so totally not what i am used to with her. :sad2:

Luminousglow, did you personally speak to this person or did she just speak to your husband? Was this one particular conversation or more than one? Just trying to get a few more details since it sounded from your original post that you didn't actually speak to Diane but were relaying your thoughts on her conversation with your husband.

I am sorry to hear that. I have spoken with Diane often and she has been nothing but great to work with. She has been tremendous help on my larger orders with the shipping, in fact she has called me so I cannot imagine Diane not being nice and helpful!

I have spoken with her before as well and never had an issue. I know sometimes people have bad days and such but it really bothered us as customers. She even threatened to cancel our order because she said my husband was being rude. We were just upset about a particular situation and not being able to add 2 ozs of a particular fragrance to an order that was placed. We had to pay an additional shipping fee of $11.00 and re-order. They forgot to send my free sample last time I ordered and I didn't make a big deal or even call them. It was free so I am always grateful to receive something free. It was just something so trivial and minute to have a problem over but....we will see what happens and I may just have to change suppliers. Thanks for listening to me vent guys and may all of you have a safe and blessed 4th of July, Enjoy the fireworks!!:yay:

Belinda

Luminous Glow Candles

Deb...No, We both spoke to her. I called first and the situation was not resolved and then my husband called. We are Christians and were cordial...just believe we were not handled appropriately. People have bad days so that is why I say we will wait and see what happens....I'm not angry, just bothered and dissappointed!:sad2:

I have only purchased from them a couple times and had problems with the order both times. The first time I let it go but the second time I called and spoke with a Diane. She was very rude to me and refused to help me solve anything.

I have not purchased anything from them since!!

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.

It makes me mad...

Adding to an order seems so easy, I cant understand why a lot of places won't do it. But I'm a small time business so its easy for me to do. WSP always lets me cancel the order and then just order again, not that I have done this a lot. That is if it's soon after ordering and not in shipping already.

Just wanted to give an update that Dan from CS called us today to apologize for the situation that occurred and the way we were spoken to. He was awesome and very bothered that we were upset. He spoke with my husband at length and agreed to have him or Mike handle any situation or question we may have in the future so that we may bypass Diane. He also stated he would speak to her in regards to this because if he doesn't know that there are issues or problems, then he can't resolve them!! We will continue to use CS even after this occurred due to the fact that someone cared and followed up...(plus, I love their stuff) I will be a ittle more cautious though but am happy with their attempt to resolve our issue!! Just wanted to keep you posted on the final outcome!!

Just wanted to give an update that Dan from CS called us today to apologize for the situation that occurred and the way we were spoken to. He was awesome and very bothered that we were upset. He spoke with my husband at length and agreed to have him or Mike handle any situation or question we may have in the future so that we may bypass Diane. He also stated he would speak to her in regards to this because if he doesn't know that there are issues or problems, then he can't resolve them!! We will continue to use CS even after this occurred due to the fact that someone cared and followed up...(plus, I love their stuff) I will be a ittle more cautious though but am happy with their attempt to resolve our issue!! Just wanted to keep you posted on the final outcome!!

So glad this worked out for you. It's tough being "little" guys in a big candle world and every penny counts (even if it's a free sample item)

I also have to call to order and I have never had anything but good experiences with Diane. In fact I hope she answers the phone because she is great at calculating the shipping and how much more you can add to your order without paying more shipping. I have however experienced what you were talking about when I placed an order with them and forgot to add an oil and had to place a separate order and pay extra shipping. It was Diane who dealt with the situation and although she was very frank about it, she was still very polite. At first I was upset about it, but after it was explained it to me, and I had time to think about it, this is how I understand why that is their policy. They have a very fast turnaround time, and their policy is to ship orders placed before 3pm est that same day. In other words, they strive to pack orders as soon as they come in, if they allow changes on orders, turnaround time would be significantly slowed down. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to change one order after it has been placed, but of course if they do it for one person they have to do it for everyone etc etc... You have to remember as well, that this isn't Diane's policy, she is just there to enforce it. I'm in no way saying this was handled right, just explaining this policy as it was explained to me. Needless to say I'm now careful to make sure I have absolutely everything I need from them written down before i call so i don't have this problem.

Yep I agree, being Christian has nothing to do with anything. I have seen & heard many 'Christians' with the foulest mouths, ill manners and just down right obnoxious.

Also, MANY companies have the rule that once you order, nothing gets added in. I personally don't expect a company to stop the procedures they have in place to accomodate me when I forget something. Very unrealistic expectations!!

Me too. What does your religion have to do with customer service?

I got a chuckle out of that too...

I am glad everything worked out though. CS's policy about not adding to orders once they are placed is in bright yellow hilighter, so it's hard to miss. Still, it is no excuse to be rude.

have to write again.

caitlin, i'm so glad you explained how their shipping works. i absolutely LOVE the incredibly fast turnaround on orders. i look at other websites and the lead time on some is ATROCIOUS!!!! i can order at 2:55 monday and at 1:30 wednesday, UPS is at my door. even those last minute orders when they have their 99 cent sale!!

what seems so simple for ONE order that day would turn into a disaster if they tried to add something for everyone who forgot "just one thing". i order on line and several times i've forgotten something. it was expalined to me that my order went directly to the warehouse and that i could cancel and reorder to add. they also state the policy very prominently on the website. i certainly understand that I am the one who forgot, not anyone else.

i am sure diane hears all the time, "it's just one or two things, what's the big deal?". it must be difficult to keep explaining and trying to be nice all the time!!

I'm glad your issues were addressed by CS. That shows they care about customer service. I am also glad they will address the employee Diane about her comments. She may be wonderful most of the time but it sure sounds like she needs to know a thing or two about customer retention. You have to be attentive to repeat customers-- they can be your best customers.

That said I am also a customer of CS and love their products and service. Haven't had any issues myself with them and I am always grateful for their fast shipping. Thats why I am a repeat customer and hope to continue to be one.