How do you pour

Anna

If I use a pour pot ( the pot I melt my wax in), I seem to spill a lot more. If I use a small measuring cup- I hardly ever spill anything. Its a lot easier to handle that way. Just after you have melted your wax, colored and fragranced it , just pour some into a measuring cup ( glass pyrex one) and pour slowly. Don't rush it .. See if that helps

Christina

Yep, that's what it is. I found it at the 2nd hand store. I have the top part too but it doesn't have the spout so I kinda bent it to make one. If I had to choose between this pot and my presto.....well, it'd be a real touch decision.

Edit: and I found out today that it is terrific for pouring 'canes.

Dixie cups saved me when pouring votives. I use the 7 oz paper ones for the initial pour. Just squeeze it to form a point for pouring. Do this before filling it with wax. Then I use the bathroom Dixie cups for the re-pours. So much easier for me to control than a pour pot. And I don't drink coffee or alcohol or smoke weed.

I save my shot glass for measuring so I have to down a jigger of the hard stuff first. That's ok though, because then I don't care if I spill ;)

Whatever you use to pour, try keeping it only half full. I spill every time if I try pouring small amounts with the pour pot full.