Desperate for a great cinnamon

deb426

Does anyone have any recommendations for a killer cinnamon? I am looking for a very strong cinnamon that doesn't smell like red hot candies and doesn't have a food scent mixed in (like cinnamon buns). I have tried CS, NG, Lebermuth, Candlesandsupplies.com, and Peaks. I'm going broke:( !

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Deb

I did get that one, Starr, but I wasn't real happy oob. I will try it in wax since you have suggested it. Do your customers like it? For some reason, cinnamon is my biggest seller year round. I'm not a big spice person but I go with what sells. Right now I am using Lebermuth at 2 ounces pp. Yep, that's what I said. I have to do that just to get any scent. Cold throw is not too bad but HT is mediocre. Has anyone ever gone higher that 2 oz pp on a scent? I would think it would just sweat right out. (Not to mention the cost)

Deb

I had decent results with it through the cooler season but this was also the first year I had it. I would say I was happy with how it sold at vending events.

I haven't tried going over 2oz pp but I'm thinking if you've got to use even that much, it's probably NOT the right FO for you.

I am burning BCN's Wick Your Wax Cinnamon Stick right now and it's quite nice. If you decide to try, be sure to wick up quite a bit and use less than your normal amount... otherwise you'll drown out.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm leaning towards BCN Wick Your Wax Cinnamon Stick for my next order. Also perhaps TCS. I have found that with most cinnamons, I have to wick up quite a bit. However, I always thought that that the amount of dye I put in clogged the wick a little because I try to get that dark burgundy color (without the fuscia tint that cinnamon oil sometimes brings out).

Deb

• 3 months later...

I am also looking for a good cinnamon. I am using Peaks right now and 1 oz pp in eco soya 135. I am getting a good hot throw, but I feel like it smells chemically instead of like cinnamon. Since it seems like people like peaks, maybe I'm doing something wrong with it. Any suggestions??? My jar is a 9 oz hex jar and not using any dye or additives. CD wicks

Thanks in advance

I use Millcreek Cinnamon Stick, thanks to recommendations on this board. I started at 1.5 oz per lb in my parasoy blend, and the candle is so strong, it gags me. I have to cut back! That VERY rarely happens to me. I like 'em to run me out of the house! :yay: