My first salt bar.......

DebbieTX

These are my first salt bars. They turned out fabulous. My shop smells amazing also. It is an EO blend of Spearmint, Peppermint, and a smidge of Eucalyptus. I pulled it out of the oven after only two hours and they were getting rock hard so I hurried and beveled them. This was made in my Logan Bear mold. Thanks for looking!

PICT0001-10-1.jpg

Very nice, looks like they turned out great and your swirl looks beautiful. Congrats on your first salt bar!

Salt bars are usually only left in the oven for an hour. In extreme cases, 2 hours but never longer. Next time you make them, try 1 hour, they should be easier to cut.

I used 80% fine sea salt that I got at a local health food store. The color is the Apple Green POP. I love how white they are from the Coconut oil. This is the first time my hubby has actually commented "what pretty soap."

Fantastic for your first salt bar and I love the colours. What percentage of salt did you use?