Opinions Pleeeeease, Aroma beads VS Crushed Corn Cob

*Dee*

Which one do you prefer?? i am having a hard time deciding which one to go with.. question for those who use the corn cob, how long does it last compared to the aroma beads ? last year did the aroma beads and they lasted a good while..

TIA :D

well geesh you all are making this expensive on me lmao

i was hoping the crushed corn cob worked just as well to save costs, but i dont want to make it if they dont last very long.

We tried the corn cob mixture, and the corn cob mixture with rock salt. I wasn't really impressed with the length of time the scent stayed, and the mixture did not look very nice in the organza bags, so we switched to aroma beads.

I was thinking 50/50 corn cob and aroma beads in those little bags you cant see through....cant think of the name of em right now....brain fart....:tiptoe:

tootie

We didn't throughly test the corn cob in the muslin bags, so I can't tell you which is better. I always wanted to test those bags some more because you could stencil on them, but no time. I like the looks of the organza bags, and they are much simpler to just fill and be done with it, but I think the male customers might prefer the muslin....lol....I think the little cute organza bag looks a little funny hanging from my husband's F150's rearview mirror....:laugh2:

I make the crushed cob sachets and put them in hand sewn bags that my mom makes for me. I can buy the cob local at our feed store 30 lbs for $4.00. I use 1/4 cup cob and 2 tsp fragrance oil and they last atleast 6 weeks to 2 months. I get complaints they are almost to strong at first - lol. They sell like hot cakes for me all year long at $4.00 each. I considered the aroma beads but didn't even test due to the costs. This is a HUGE profit maker for me.

ETS - I package them in a cello bag with a business card type topper stuck with double sided tape. My label is an iron on transfer. This pic is older - my new labels have my business graphics and info.

post-200-139458447547_thumb.jpg

I wasn't impressed enough w/ the aroma beads to go w/ the cost. Like everyone that already mentioned it, corn cob is WAY more cost effective & I can pick up local. I think they work equally well if used as a drawer sachet, which is how I market them. I have some people that like to use them in their car or a small room. They're obviously too small to live up to that job long, so I include a note on my label that indicates the intended use is for a drawer & any other use will shorten the expected results. I once bought a very expensive blend from a specialty boutique in Ruidoso that you scoop & pay by the lb. I didn't make candles at the time, but I now know they used a combo of aroma beads, corn cob & small dried flowers. I put it in my closet & it lasted over a year. I think it really depends on the fo you use & only make mine w/ the super throwers.

Susan.

I think they work equally well if used as a drawer sachet, which is how I market them. I have some people that like to use them in their car or a small room.

I market them as car fresheners, drawer sachets, also to use in RV's, gym lockers & closets. Other uses I have found from customer feedback are to hang them inside diaper pails and waste baskets and in the winter months they have placed them in with their furnace filters.

Anyone try the aroma beads with Lavender EO? Don't know if bugs know the difference between Lavender EO and FO but I thought it would be good to hang in the closet to keep moths and such out. EO is more expensive so I wondered if the FO would work as well, or just use less of the EO. Any thoughts?

I market them as car fresheners, drawer sachets, also to use in RV's, gym lockers & closets. Other uses I have found from customer feedback are to hang them inside diaper pails and waste baskets and in the winter months they have placed them in with their furnace filters.

Ok, stupid question I'm sure.....but how do you put them in your furnace filter?! My filter is one of those store bought thingys that slide into a slot........please enlighten me as the idea sounds interesting!

Ok, stupid question I'm sure.....but how do you put them in your furnace filter?! My filter is one of those store bought thingys that slide into a slot........please enlighten me as the idea sounds interesting!

Mine slides into a slot too - I personally haven't tried this but from what I gather my customer flattens them and slides it in there with the filter somehow . . .

She lives in a mobile home so not sure what type of furnace she has :undecided

It's better to just put them inside the vent (ours are in the ceiling and they push the scent down when the heater or fan is on. Far from the actual heater itself.

Another great use is in your vacuum cleaner bag, makes the whole house smell great while you vacuum...doesn't work for the vacuums without bags though. Vacuum closet smells good too!