What tha?!? Wax prices went UP!!

I was just using up my last case of Joywax (that used to sell for around $55) and noted it was time to re-order. I went to the site today to price out wax and nearly fell over!! :shocked2: The same wax is now almost $68 for one case!! Wow, if this continues my prices will be going up too!! :undecided

Too many farmers age growing corn now, instead of soybeans, because of the stupid conversion to ethanol, which does nothing but raise gasoline prices, and as a second benefit, raises all other prices.

I can hardly wait to see what our government will do for us next!

Fredron

Too many farmers age growing corn now, instead of soybeans, because of the stupid conversion to ethanol, which does nothing but raise gasoline prices, and as a second benefit, raises all other prices.

Fredron

Well it can't be both ways, people slam the government and say they are not green enough, then when they start implementing green and it adversely impacts prices--same people blame government again.

Fredron

lol, oil companies are private enterprises. What would you expect the government to do? If the government put a cap on gasoline prices, would you also expect them to put a cap on what you can ask for your candles?

If you had stock in an oil company, you would be quite happy.

The switch to corn for ethanol has also raised hay prices and feed prices for livestock. :( I'm being hit from all directions!

lol, oil companies are private enterprises. What would you expect the government to do? If the government put a cap on gasoline prices, would you also expect them to put a cap on what you can ask for your candles?

If you had stock in an oil company, you would be quite happy.

oh yes indeedy! our stocks have gone through the ROOF! Although perhaps I shouldn't say that, cos technically we're making money from other people suffering! But still - woo hoo!

I know what you mean. My soy went from $58.00 to $80.00!!!!

I feel your pain, Holly. My CB went up 20.00 a case, not to mention my jars went up .40 a piece. :( This may become a hobby for me. It's still cheaper to make these for myself, but I may have to give my biz. :sad2: I live out in the middle of nowhere and shipping is a MAJOR factor as well.

OK, green is good. Nobody wants to live in a dirty planet, myself included.

But intellignt green is better. Ethanol is a joke. It takes 1 gallon of gasloline to make 1.3 gallons of ethanol, but ethanol doesn't burn as well as gasoline, so 1.3 gallons of ethanol gives you the same mileage as 1 gallon of gasoline. The gasoline is still burning with the ethanol, so where is the green? Also the refineries have to close for 3 weeks twice a year to make the conversion, and your prices go up. So where's the advantage?

That is what happens when you get a bunch of know nothing politicians making laws they don't understand 'cause we're too stupid to watch what they're doing.

OK, I'm off the soap box.

Fredron

Has anyone heard of the fungus or mold or whatever that is, that they are looking into? Apparently this grows anywhere, like in a desert or in a moist and humid place. They can turn this into gasoline somehow :confused: . Anyway I'm sure if they figure this out the price of fungus will go sky high.

I feel your pain, Holly. My CB went up 20.00 a case, not to mention my jars went up .40 a piece. :( This may become a hobby for me. It's still cheaper to make these for myself, but I may have to give my biz. :sad2: I live out in the middle of nowhere and shipping is a MAJOR factor as well.

I live in the middle of no where too:laugh2: and I did give up candles as a small business when my j223 wax went up to $84/case! shipping is expensive here--even if I order from a supplier in alabama, closest supplier to me in MS, it is ridiculous! I have found that if order from TX, shipping is cheaper?:shocked2: sometimes:confused:

The whole green thing really has me thinking. Here you have all the people lobbying for the US to go green, they say it is cheaper and will save the world! So the US is converting to green and now the "green" is extremely expensive and it jacked up the cost of everything else to boot. Where is all the money going to and why if this is such "cheap" stuff, is it costing us and raising everything else? Logically if we switched off the not "green" commodities, demand should be down and the prices should have gone down. Now we're doubly screwed.

Thank lucky stars it's not the prices we're paying in the UK which are steadily increasing at a ridiculous rate...

They are beyond a joke and then some...

A 50lb box of Eco Soy CB135 for example would be around the £60 mark - that's close on $120 per box... :(

What would you expect the government to do?

Quit taxing us to death, for one thing. The tax burden on us now is many times greater than the tax that led to the Boston Tea Party and started the American Revolution.

The government does not want us off oil. They help themselves to too much money from it to give it up.

http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=409

I aboslutely *h*a*t*e* the American government more than I can ever expound on here, partly for treating us like permanently indentured servants. We mean nothing to them until we quit sending in tax money, or if they think you owe them even more than you've already paid. Then they'll come looking for you.

Darbla

DH was telling me that we are now IMPORTING wheat. No one wants to grow it because corn is in demand and pays more. What happened to 'Amber fields of grain'? He also said that it takes enough corn to make that one gallon of ethanol as it does to feed a man for an entire year.

And I just wonder.. do the tractors they use to plow all these corn fields come in ethanol burning versions? It's great in theory, and it's nice to be able to say we have that choice... but it really doesn't make any sense on the whole. There's got to be a better way.

Locally we are extremely green and hippified. Tons of bike traffic. They are moving an entire bike/pedestrian bridge ONE BLOCK to make it easier for them to get where they need to go. If those 'green' bikers and walkers don't pitch a fit then they are all hypocrites.

Off my soapbox now too, lol.

I sell my soy wax candles for $7.50 for an 8 oz. mason jar. NOw that the price of soy has really jumped, wondering how much I should sell them for now. I realize I could try to figure this up but thought I would ask what you guys are selling yours for now. :confused:

You really need to know your costs. What someone gets in GA will be way different than what someone sells the SAME candle for in CA.

I just got done figuring my prices for my 6oz tins. They will be $7.00 each 3/20.00

tootie