Who is your favorite FO supplier?

candlemaker74

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with kandlekrazy CS has great scents easy ordering and my orders get here in 3 days. I haven't found anyone faster yet. I was using creative illuminations too but they take a week, I like their scents though. I just sent an order with NG on the 10th and haven't heard anything yet, but I sent an order out the same time to CS and I got my order from CS yesterday.

I love CS and Alabaster. I've only had one that I didn't like, so that's great statistically speaking.

Speaking of shipping, I'm waiting on a small FO order from BW. Apprx how long does it take to get to you? I've already been waiting about 4-5 days so far.

I love CS and Alabaster. I've only had one that I didn't like, so that's great statistically speaking.

Speaking of shipping, I'm waiting on a small FO order from BW. Apprx how long does it take to get to you? I've already been waiting about 4-5 days so far.

It depends on the oil, AND the type you of shipping you picked. I know some of her oils can't be shipped priority, so they either have to go parcel or UPS. I can't stand UPS, just about every time I have an order that has to go through UPS it gets delayed or lost......not to mention doesnt get delivered til like 7 PM! But Connies great with getting them out fast. Didnt you get a delivery notification?

You should have gotten an email when I updated your order as sent, so sorry if it didn't go through. Your order was one with a low flashpoint so it had to go parcel post. Got your order over the weekend and it was sent out Monday morning. :smiley2:

Glo

I have a few:

Daystar - most of mine are from Stacy

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Flickers - great oils! I've been getting lots of oils from here lately. I'm always in on her pre-buys and never disappointed!

Candlescience

Candle Cocoon

KY - my biggest seller right now is Downy Roses & Violets

Peaks

I love JS and have been buying from them since they opened. I have been making candles for many years and have purchased from almost every supplier out there and JS has the best and most unique fragrances. Some of their fragrances that seem light OOB, really kick butt when put into wax. I do purchase fragrances from other suppliers if JS doesn't have a certain fragrance that my customers have requested. KY, Connies, NG, AtWixEnd, and Tony's are the suppliers that have those fragrances.

I am new on this Board and look forward to reading posts on B&B products because that's my next venture.

Kobe

I also have a few suppliers that I use. I get quite a bit from my local supplier CandlesandSupplies but I've also found ebay to be wonderful in getting some things C&S just doesn't have. There's a new supplier there that I've started working with...Family Companies Candle Supplies. I tried them as they had a big 36oz lot available for less then $1 an oz and it was a pick your scents lot. I got a variety of different scents (some of which I haven't seen elsewhere) and out of 36oz there was a total of 3oz (one scent) that I absolutely HATED and got rid of but that's the risk you take when ordering a scent that you haven't smelled. I was beyond satisfied with the other 33oz though and will be ordering again.

Peaks

Keystone (been with them since they were Kinghouse)

NG

Tri State

That is pretty much it...I have used some BC stuff but not as impressed with them as I am with the others....and the last thing I need is ANOTHER supplier on my list.

I recently bought White Tea & Ginger and Lemongrass & Sage from two different suppliers. OOB Peak won hands down, cold throw Peak won hands down, hot throw Peak won hands down. I used 1 oz pp in the first batch of GW 444 I poured, then tried 1/2 pp and they still had awesome throw. I don't want to disrespect the other supplier so I won't mention the name. Just wanted to mainly say Peak is great IMO with all their scents I've tried. Also, I have been very satisfied with all I tried from NG.

I recently got some fos from Alabaster but have only tried Kudzu, Pomegranite and Blackberry (both were good in my soy blend). Which ones have you had success with? Most of my fos come from BCN and BCS.

I recently got some fos from Alabaster but have only tried Kudzu, Pomegranite and Blackberry (both were good in my soy blend). Which ones have you had success with? Most of my fos come from BCN and BCS.

My main supplier is Alabaster. They have great FOs and super fast shipping. I have many favorites but my top sellers are: Peach Magnolia Raspberry, Mulled Cider, Pomegranite, Kuduz, Blueberry pie, and Cucumber melon. One of the best things about alabaster is that they ship from 2 locations...so they calculate where the cheapest shipping would be for you and then send it from that location.

• 7 months later...

I buy majority of scents from BCN. I get orders in about 3 days. When I have a problem, they correct it within a day. I also really appreciate Flicker and her help. I use a soy blend, and I love the throw from most scents I have tried.

But, I do get scents from others. I do Bath and Body, and many of their scents aren't body safe. I was buying At Wix End, but their prices jumped up way too much. I had been buying for 5 years, they pretty much lost me. Except for their Warm Vanilla Sugar. We have a large account and that is the only scent they want and we dare not switch suppliers.

We also get Sultry Angel from Candle Cocoon. Incredible scent.

I started replacing At Wix End scents with ones from Nature's Garden. Still not sure what I think about them. I debated about Peaks, but they are pretty limited on choices and I hate ordering from so many suppliers.

I do agree about the web site at BCN. Wish they would update it.

I suggest trying samples, and decide for yourself. Everyone is so different, so much depends on where you live, what wax, what wick. The atmosphere. Tricky business, scents.