Who is your favorite FO supplier?

candlemaker74

Most supplier forums are that way. It is, after all, a forum to discuss BC products. This forum used to be for Peak's products only. I don't blame any supplier for not wanting to spend the money for bandwidth to have people discuss products from other suppliers.

This forum is now open for ads from other suppliers. I certainly don't fault her for taking advantage of that.

That said, I haven't bought from her in years. If I ever buy from BC again, it will be only for BnL.

True, but if she were confident in her own product she wouldn't get her panties in such a wad over it. I believe a forum is to help people make the best product they can and if they need to buy a certain fragrance or wick at a different location than who cares. If your products rock then there is no problem, people will keep coming back. I belive Alan has awesome fragrance oils and he is confident in his products to allow others to advertise on his board. He wants people to make the best product they can even if I have to order something from another supplier. This is a great forum and that is why. Her board is a bit slow, you can only say how much you love BCN in so many posts. :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I find odd, she gets mad when someone mentions another supplier on her board but she comes here and advertises her sales.:o

Hi! I am new here. Just started today. Are you talking about BCN? I'd hate to say her name here as I do not want to get in trouble or banned my first day. ;)

I am fairly new to candle making and even newer at soap making..

But over all for candles I use more of Bert's Heaven Scents than any other one supplier..

And am now tring her FO's in my Soaps..and like them in my soaps too..

I also like very much..Flickers...she is my second favorite..

Indianna Candle Supply

Just a 1 or 2 of Daystars..they are just so expensive..

To the OP:

Obviously you can tell by the majority of replies, that everyone uses more than one FO supplier and it's next to impossible to pick just ONE favorite!

Usually what happens is a certain FO won't throw from supplier A, so then you have to try it from supplier B, C and/or D etc.

Or supplier A doesn't carry certain FO's that you want so you have to go with another supplier.

That being said, here are my favorites-all equal as far as the FO's I use from them:

Peak

Solas

BW

NG

So far, I've had great luck with all the scents I've gotten from NG

I've looked at others, but i guess its like anything, don't knock it till ya try it, but usually I just dont want to pay those darn shipping charges from 2-3 different places.

Though I did do that back on the first when I split an order for startup B&B stuff among 4 different places... this time it was actually a better deal.. Go fig

Over the years I have bought from many suppliers. I have recently focused on "local" suppliers if at all possible, I enjoy a nice road trip :D . With that being said these are my favorite suppliers, not in any particlular order:

Southern Scentsations

Make's Scent Candle Supplies

The Candlemaker Store

KY

Keystone

NG

I used to get ALOT from BCN but have merged away from them since I try to stay on a JIT inventory level and shipping to me takes forever it seems. I have been scoping out Berts and will be trying her oils in the near future.

NG

WSP

BCN

i have ordered from gelluminations too just a couple weeks ago, that was the first time, seem to be good in soap havent tried in wax yet..

NG and WSP i like the most cuz they are closer i make my order at NG before 11 and i get it the next day i order from WSP and get it in 2 days i order from BCN i get it in a week .. i am checking out a few more closer to me as well, i just like that when i order it it doesnt take a whole week to get to me and the shipping is lower

Even though I quit the candle business and doing this as just a hobby right now, I would have to say my *main* suppliers now are the candle source ( I can Pick-Up.) And I just tried Berts, and I must say, the ones I just tested are... Herbal, Calming- Essenza, Lemon Biscotti ( BEST LEMON I HAVE TESTED!) and Spiced Pear and WOWWZZZAAA!!! Her oils are REALLY GOOD! And shipping is like the cheapest I;ve seen yet.