** What's in your pot this week/end? **

Oh boy, a new year, and a bunch of scents to try. Anyone working on anything new?

We've got rain and rain and more rain, we're getting dumped upon. But I'd like to start working on a new EO blend with rosemary in it. Maybe a touch of eucalyptus, something fresh smelling.

Have a safe weekend!

I've been toying with a couple new ones in my head. Raspberry Orange, Raspberry Melon, and O'granate. The first 2 are self explanatory, but the last one is orange & pomegranate. I thought I'd try it for St. Patricks day. Might even make a couple green ones in honor of the occasion.

The orange overpowered the raspberry in my first attempt, so I'm going to use 3 parts orange to 1 part raspberry in the next batch. 2 to 1 wasn't bad though, even my wife (inspector 12) liked it. The raspberry melon will start out at 1 to 1.

I'm guessing 2 to 1 on the O'granate.

Fredron

Clean, clean, and more cleaning...Uhgggg! I hate it. Paid my candle insurance for the year. Had to go and drop off paperwork at the Lawyers office because a client is claiming bankruptcy, so hopefully I can get paid from them sometime this year....Oh yeah! I also have to round up my paperwork for taxes....Blah!!!!! No fun this weekend:( ...............

I'm just going to stare at the residue wax left in the first and only jar I made, and do tons of cleaning. Was sick for a few weeks, so the place is just upside down. Until it's clean, I'll just stare at my almost empty first container, and look at my pictures in the gallery here, and read more and more as usual here. LOL A good sign, I can now smell my FO's sitting in the box again. My congestion was so bad I couldn't even smell. I don't think it would have done me any good to make candles and test if I couldn't smell, so it's best I just clean till my nose is back to normal. LOL :)

It's coming down to the wire for everything for making soap! Just have to pay and wait for the oils from the Co-op to arrive and Monday I'll be ordering several wood molds!

I will be setting the candles aside for a month until my year end stock dwindles. I've killed off three scents and that helps to tighten my candle line. Nothing will replace them, that I know of.

Later next week I will be ordering a few 4oz bottles from the Scent Works to try.

Fire

I am another one that has to clean up my candle area it is a total right off can't even walk in the door because everything was just thrown in there out of the way a Christmas. Hope to get this done on Saturday, so I can make some candles on Sunday, has its been a couple of weeks since I've made a candle and can't go any longer. I keep looking at the soap boards and keep telling myself that I don't need to start anything else, but then I'm just the type of person who likes to have way to much going on.

Pam F

Playing with some new scents I just got..Tha Hamptons,Southern Belle,Watermelon Martini....a couple others I can't think of.... playing with my new digital scales..my old one ...well..got ruined!:rolleyes2 LOL!

Have a great first weekend of 08' everyone!!!!:cheesy2:

Kimmeroo

Well, let's see, for what is in my pot right now is Sweet Orange & Pomegranate. Before that was Warm Vanilla Sugar and Wildberry Scones. Before that was, Lavender Milk, Sweet Pea, Love Spell, Key Lime Pie, and a few others that escape me for the moment. I'm going to be testing a ton of scents in New wax coming next week. :yay:

Oh yeah, edited to say, I shattered my last thermometer!! LOL. Gotta get another tomorrow and go to work at my job! :smiley2:

Enjoy the warmer weather.After lows of teens the last few days it is going to be in the 50's. Rainy but warm. :yay:

Made over 100 tarts so off to the candle supplier to get some packaging and then to the store I sell them. I have some tarts there but not sellers. Gotta change my holiday table covering and get new.

Making a 3 layered candle. Made a few but trying to decide 3 scents or 1 with 3 colors. Still workiing on chunks too. I messed the first few up by using 100% soy. Must use a harder wax.

Do some straigtening of my candle area in the basement.

Taxes too.I called and left my address to send my forms and never got any in the mail. I have no idea but a bear to get to talk to a human and forget the phone. So if I am late I get penalized. Just trying to get caught up since very sick through the holidays. Busy to at the same time. I just barely got through Christmas and now fighting tax people to get forms.

I guess that is about it.I am sure it will take all week-end.

LynnS

My kids if they don't straighten up!!! LOL

Other than that, alot of cleaning (yuck) and I am going to be soaping some Herbal Garden and maybe play with Frosted Snowdrops if I have the time.

OH ... and keeping up with this ENORMOUS co-op I took on!! :shocked2::D

just a couple of cinnaberry pillars and vanilla melts this weekend. Plus one order for a few opium travel tins.

Then its back to listing the oils I'm dropping and website work.

Plus I have to gut this lounge at home after all the xmas decorations are now down, it looks bare and untidy. We have the house on the market, so need to get it back to a viewable state :D