Probably My Last Order From Re/ah

kalamazoo

When I first started making candles I did not know about this forum (and the list of suppliers) and happened to stumble on RE/AH and thought I would try their oils. I absolutely love them but as I live in Iceland, the shipping is just too much. I placed an order this a.m. for $167 and the UPS worldwide shipping cost is $192!!!*faint* I have pleaded with them to send my order with USPS Global Priority, but they say Company Policy is to use UPS. So I am gonna have to find another supplier! BCN said some time ago they could send me oils with USPS - what are their oils like? And Peaks are very helpful too, but I have not tried a lot of their oils. Thanks for any replies.

When I first started making candles I did not know about this forum (and the list of suppliers) and happened to stumble on RE/AH and thought I would try their oils. I absolutely love them but as I live in Iceland, the shipping is just too much. I placed an order this a.m. for $167 and the UPS worldwide shipping cost is $192!!!*faint* I have pleaded with them to send my order with USPS Global Priority, but they say Company Policy is to use UPS. So I am gonna have to find another supplier! BCN said some time ago they could send me oils with USPS - what are their oils like? And Peaks are very helpful too, but I have not tried a lot of their oils. Thanks for any replies.

Peaks oils are absolutely out of this world! I don't think you can go wrong with them. From their quality to their customer service Peaks is just top notch all the way! I honestly have never tried an oil that was sub standard from them. I may not like the way every single one smells, but I love the way every single one performs! I hope they can help you! Good Luck!

Sarah, I only use Peak (I have some oil from OldMill and they were really helpful too).

You really can't go wrong with peak's oils, they throw great in both paraffin and palm wax.

I wish they'd add some oilf of a different and original kind (something as daystar for example) but they have only great fragrances.

HTH

Thanks for the replies. I have tried Peak´s Apple Blossom, which is a divine smelling scent and after looking through their list of fragrances, I can see plenty of choices to be starting with. They may not have a huge list like NG or AH/RE, but that is a good thing - will make me cut down on my addiction!!

I have so many 1oz oils from RE, I think I will have to use them up making "limited addition" tarts and votives and even the odd candle for myself.:smiley2:

I've heard so many good things about Peaks but didn't know if the comments were specific to Soy wax also. I'm in the states Kalamazoo and searching for Fragrance Suppliers who offer USPS also instead of just UPS and geared to Soy wax. $192 - Holy smokes! Fragrance Oil Central and Indiana Candle Supplies are next on my list of Samples. They offer USPS and test in Soy and offer International shipping.

Good Gravy! Its more for shipping than the actual products! I have not tried Peaks yet, but I do use BCN's FOs and have not had any trouble with them. They have a great variety! I put my last order in on a Sunday evening (the 10th)and the order was in transit the following day. I actually recieved the order on Wednesday (the 13th) but it will most likely take longer to get to Iceland. I hope you can find a place that works for you.

Between the two suppliers I have always prefered Peaks oils over BC.

It's ashame that those oils and shipping cost so much from RE. If you sell your candles that will certainly increase your selling price. If you order from Peaks I think you will pleased!

I haven't run into a problem with Peaks at all and I think you'll find their customer service to be out of this world.

BCN -- you'll get good service, reasonable prices, but I find their FOs to be more hit and miss than Peaks. Don't get me wrong, I use both suppliers. I don't know that you'll be disappointed with either.

Peaks FOs don't just disappear from the bottle like a few of my BCN ones have. Just the nature of the beast, but I'm not willing to go buy Amber bottles and repackage my scents.

I use a lot of there fo's in soap. Rose, Green Clover and Aloe, Clean Cotton, Lavender, Rose Bouquet, Sweet Pea, BRV just to name a few. I don't do reed diffusers so I can comment on that. My main line of fo's is from Peak's.

I have to say that every oil I have tried from Peaks worked well. I use them in parrafin, soy, and soap. Haven't had a bad one yet. I like to mix em too! No complaints with the service either and I love the free sample oil they throw in with your order.

BC's Oils are Amazing and CS is incredible they are having a sale right now on their CO oils until Midnight CST WED for Midnight for 5.99 and they have some great smelling ones, too, their Lemon Bundt Cake is so Yummy!:drool: but so is all of their oils! They have a New Sugar Cane, that I have fallen in love with!

Sue Ann

Have any of you tried their FO's in CP soap or with Reed Diffusers? If so are they just as good as when used in candles?

Peaks is located in Denver. Since you are in Colorado too, it may be a good idea for you to go to theri store if you happen to be in town and sniff some of their actual FOs.

I am a big fan of BCN's scents. I don't get all my scents there, but many of them. I love BCN customer service, I have been ordering from them for 4 years and never once have I been unhappy with them. When something did go wrong, they promptly fixed it.

But I do use other fragrances, mainly because I do bath and body also, and not all their scents are body safe. Good luck, sounds like both are top quality places.

You may be running into a more aggresive USPS stance on air shipment of flamable prducts. I don't think the manufacturer cares one way or the other as long as they get their money, but the fines for shipping anything that shouldn't be air shipped are hugh, and many companies don't want to take a chance because the rules are always changing.

Think you can avoid the problem by seeking out a more local source.

JMHO

I was just gonna chime in on the new USPS shipping regulations too. Many oils with low flash points are now disallowed to go by air, which is how Global Priority is shipped and as Danny said, the fines are pricey if the suppliers are caught. I feel for you though. On top of the outrageous shipping UPS will also charge a brokers fee (or whatever it's called) and your may get tagged with import duties ta-boot.

Just a thought, don't know if it will help, but Natty Cat in the UK has mentioned that she has been importing oils to re-sell. Maybe she would be a good source for you?