opinions wanted please-candles for breast cancer

dwarfie

in August i will be walking 60 km in 2 days for breast cancer.

i decided to make some candles to sell for $15 and donate $5 of that to the hospital that is organizing the walk. i also need to raise $2,000 in order to do the walk so i'm hoping the candles will help me get to my goal.

i decided to make 2 kinds, one smooth and one rustic (i love the rustic!)

let me know what you think. are they too plain? what about the logo on the back - how can i make that look better?

bc-candles1.jpg

bc-candles2.jpg

I like the whole idea. I think the rustic one wins. Change the label color and see if that makes you happier. I would probably use a black border because I am a pink and black person....but that is just me....for many many many years.....back to the 50's..... I really love that shade of pink too. I hope you sell thousands!!!!!! Donita

Those are really lovely. And for a worthy cause to boot! I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes. I like both but the rustic is a little more...upscale, less ordinary, maybe? I like the rustic.

I agree the label could use some tweaking, but I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as to how that can be done. What about wrapping a gift tag around the candle with rafia or using the ribbon already on there to add a tag? I'd love to see the final product when you are finished.

Both are just beautiful but love the rustic the best. I think the label takes away from the look of the candle and would probley go with a hang tag type one. This is a great cause and your a wonderful person for doing all this. God bless you and people like you. Lin

I also like both of them, but I think I may favor the rustic a bit more.

I was also thinking that you might try doing some in white, everyone loves white or ivory, and the beautiful ribbon really would stand out. Just gives people more choice, although I'm sure they will sell no matter what, it's such a great cause.

thanks for the input everyone!!

Lin - the hang tag is a great idea!! now i just gotta figure out where to put it so it doesn't take away from the look of the candle. i suppose i could always just put the logo on the bottom of the candle too.

Candleman - last year when i got the idea to make candles for breast cancer i came up with these:

Picture1226B.jpg

i'm just fed up of doing white and i really love doing pink now. i'm also going to make some with darker beads so that will make the ribbon stand out more too.

ok how about these? i cut the ribbon to the same size on the smooth one so now they're both the same and i changed 1 candle to a darker bead:

Picture2060b.jpg

i tried doing a few different labels for the logo. the top is the same as before. the bottom one is printed on a clear label. the middle one is also a clear label however i made it in a pink background.

Picture2063b.jpg

i'm still undecided on the logo. i might just put it on the bottom or make some kind of hangtag.

OMG those are great!! I think the darker pink button is the winner to make the ribbon stand out and the clear lable with the pink background is best. It doesn't take away from the candle but still looks.what's the word.... professional?? sleek??? Anywho- the pink background is tops. Good luck and I'm interested in buying one inthe near future. You can pm me info if you tell me how to receive the pm.:embarasse I'm a neewbie and get so excited reading everything and looking at everyone's art that I haven't really learned all of the technical stuff to the site. Forgot to mention that I like the rustic best!!