here are 2 Displays that I made

KJohnson

I originally made this for soaps, lotions and sprays..but then I decided that my candles looked great on it. So I build another display for the body products.

I was going to paint it...but decided not to...I still have sanding to do on both. Anyone have any great ideas how I could put my business name on there and have it look great?

Thanks

Kris

post-1508-139458411092_thumb.jpg

post-1508-139458411095_thumb.jpg

Don't you dare cover up that beautiful wood! I love the natural look, and it goes nicely with your style of candles, etc.

I don't know exactly where I would put a name, unless you painted or stenciled it across the top. That might take away from the look of your display, though. Besides, your labels have your name. Are you thinking about on the sides, maybe?

Thank you thank you everyone! Im so excited about these displays. I do have an order to make 2 for a great CT member. I am by no means a wood worker..thats for sure. So these displays are NOT perfect and no 2 will be exactly alike. But I am considering making and selling these. Just incase you might be interested..they weigh 15.5 pounds..actual shipping weight would be a bit more with packaging etc. Thats just to give you an idea.

Thanks so much for all the great comments.. I look at these and say...I couldnt have made those! LOL

Thank you thank you everyone! Im so excited about these displays. I do have an order to make 2 for a great CT member. I am by no means a wood worker..thats for sure. So these displays are NOT perfect and no 2 will be exactly alike. But I am considering making and selling these. Just incase you might be interested..they weigh 15.5 pounds..actual shipping weight would be a bit more with packaging etc. Thats just to give you an idea.

Thanks so much for all the great comments.. I look at these and say...I couldnt have made those! LOL

That is awesome and you did a fantastic job. I would buy some when you arent busy and would like to make some!

Those are great!

As far as a logo across the top, you could print out to scale what you want on paper in the color you want, then cut it out and tape it to the display and see how it would look. Then post it here and get responses. That way you have not ruined anything.

Good luck, would love to see what it would look like.

From one "woodworker" to another - those look great! I've made all my risers and displays myself (some have turned out great - others are sitting in my shop waiting to be "modified" or else recycled into another project! lol). I would seal the wood though. There is a product out there called Dutch sealer or something like that (I'd have to go out to my shop to get the exact name). But it seals and protects the wood without making it look sealed. We used it down in our family room (pine carsiding for the whole room - I will *never* do that again! lol) and it looks great! It also is nice for when my 3 year old decides to color on the walls! I can take a wet rag and wash it off! I'd just hate to see you go through all the trouble of building those beautiful displays and have the wood warp on ya or have them get spilled on and ruin the wood! :o If you are interested in the sealer's exact name, PM me and I'll run out to my garage and get the name for you. I got it at Menards in the paint department - goes on SUPER easy too!

Great job, hun! Keep up the great work - on the candles and the wood working!

Life & Light!

Tish

PS - price them as you would any other product you make - materials + your time x 2 or 3... that's what I would do if someone wanted me to make risers or something for them. HTH!