Snowball Bath Bombs!

kangarooblue

Ahhhh, I see. I'll have to get me some witch hazel then, does it have a very over powering smell? My bathbombs are not highly scented because of my eczema and I don't want to overpower what scent there is with another smell - if you know what i mean :grin2: .

I have grated and chopped the coco butter because I love the look of it in the finished bombs and love the way the pieces dissolve in the bathwater too. And I have used Evening Primrose Oil because it is very very good for people with eczema. Soo, all in all I love the finished result - I'm quite pleased with myself :whoohoo: :bliss:.

Thank you sooo much for your advise and comments, you're all fab ;)

Anjie,x.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I read on the first page of posts that you could use SLSA with the bombs and that they would bubble like mad. Then a page or so later I read that you can't use the SLSA.

Does anyone know for sure on this or should I just purchase the stuff and then experiment?

Thanks!!

Oh, and where can one buy the SLSA?

Angi

• 1 month later...

I would love to try this recipe but am wondering if anyone knows where I might find citric acid locally. I want to try to make them as favors for a bridal shower next week so I will have to work fast.

Thanks,

Nancy

• 2 months later...

I made these last week and they turned out fantastic, not one of them cracked and they are very hard. I did use sweet olive oil (all I had) instead of the safflower oil and I replaced half of the cornstarch with Kaolin clay. (I read somewhere that replacing 1/2 of the cornstarch with Kaolin clay will help them not to crack). I tried one and they are fantastic! Next time I will try a different EO - peppermint is not one of my favorites :) I gave some to be tested and so far everyone loved them. :) Thank you Kangarooblue for posting this!

• 1 month later...

Go on, try it and post your results and picture here! I would love to see them all. :wink2:

I've been making bath bombs for awhile now but decided to try this recipe since I just purchased the large bath bomb press from Kitty. The recipe, made exactly per her directions, but used FO instead of EO was very easy. My bath bombs turned out perfect using the large press and the size of the bath bomb made by this press is perfect for one bath. As requested, here's my Butterfly Kisses bath bomb:

[ATTACH]13978[/ATTACH]

post-179-139458438454_thumb.jpg

OK, I just made these...subbed sunflower because evidentally I ran out of safflower. They turned out fabulous! Only 2 bombs decided to stay together, so I have a few half-snowballs, twhich I think are a better sixe anyway. I actually used the Winter Therapy EO blend from her website and whoa are my sinuses clear!

2097792365_9ba61997e3.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been making bath bombs for some time now and last nite, didn't see anything unusual by not using cornstarch. Well, today, there is a difference. They're all cracked, rough and grainy. It has to be that I forgot the cornstarch. Oh well...in the trash...such a waste they smell sooo good.

Ok, so I just tried to make the bath boms and is the mixture supposed to be kinda like dry crumble cookie dough, I got the large bath bomb mold maker scooped it up and tapped it hard on the table but they just crumbled as I tried to take them out???? I put in a few more drizzles of oil and I got a few to hols up in complete rounds, but ended up throwing the rest in the bowl away. I thought if I keep adding more oil I will end up with a big mess in the tub ???? I read that you can use a muffin tin for molds, maybe that would work out better till I get the hang of it all :P

I've used this recipe for some time now. I sub the safflower oil with either jojoba or sweet almond oil and I use fragrance oil (same amount as she uses for EO) and mine is like a wet sand and packs up nicely. I use the large bath bomb press from KB or sometimes a plastic xmas bulb and they turn out perfect everytime (unless you forget to add cornstarch..lol). I'm not sure what's happening with yours. I never have to add additional oil but I do work very fast when making these for fear of the mixture drying out.