Introduction .. hello!!

Hi There! Just wanted to introduce myself .. been lurking and thought I'd speak up lol My name is Melody and I have been making candles for about, oh -- 2 months! Totally newbie. Into it just for hobby sake. I love candles and buy alot of them so I thought I'd make my own and have some fun. I've been making mostly votives and a few containers. I really like making chunky votives and have pretty much mastered that. My DH likes container candles so I am moving onto chunky containers. I put my first order in with peaks and can't wait to get my oils in! The first time I ordered was a diff. supplier (before I found this board) I have heard so many great things about peaks .. can't wait to test it out!

I do have one question. I have heard of people putting glitter on the top of their candles. Is this just regular glitter and I'm assuming it's not flammable??? I do NOT want to burn my house down! Thanks for any input :wink2:

Melody

ahhh .. you are right. I just did a search on candle glitter and boom.. there it was. Just never noticed it before. Looks like I can get some sample sizes here: http://www.rusticescentuals.com/glitter.html and I found a cute little project with gel http://acmoore.com/projects/floralproject.asp?ID=625 -- thanks for the input! Now I know what to search for!

melody

thanks for the warm welcome!! I am truly a Texan but transplanted to OK about 2 years ago. We are in the Moore area .. What part are you in Terrie?

Another Melody? we are few and far between aren't we lol Nice to meet you all :smiley2: