Has anybody seen this?

It seems to me that it is just a tart with a wick. My tarts last longer than that. The magnetic base thing is kewl so that the wick stays centered. Good idea I guess but I will stick with tarts. Does anyone know how much the refills are?

I've seen plenty of commercials for these on TV, but have not seen one in person.

As far as for how long they last, 3 hours seems fine. The reason for not making it longer lasting is how it is designed. Seeing as how the entire thing quickly melts into that pool makes me wonder if it would work properly if you had to re-light it once it got started the first time.

The self extinguishing thing is pretty nice, however I don't like the design of the base. Seems like it could be toppled way too easily. That wouldn't be too bad if the base of the wick is locked in, but if not and someone puts something down too close to the top edge and hits it, the whole thing is likely to spill all over along with the wick and that could be dangerous.

Overall, a nice idea but I don't think it is something a serious candle burner would go for.

Bought one today - $5.99 introductory price, reg price 6.99 - came w/2 tarts. The refills are 3/$2.99 - w/enclosed coupon when you buy 2 refills you get a 3rd one free - each refill pack has 3 tarts.

The metal base has two prongs that stick up on each side of the wick. They get hot from the flame, heat up the metal base inside the tart and melts it within minutes.

The tarts are pretty small - .06oz. The wick is funny - looks like round cotton braid w/paper core. The throw is only so-so. Worth the money??? 3 hr burn for $1 --- no way.

I will be experimenting with the base when it's done burning

Basically my theory on these are: A melt with a wick with an embedded magnet. The magnet gets hot which in turn heats up the plate it's sitting on. The heat from the plate and the flame throws the aroma into the air...but not for as long as mine and everbody elses melts and tarts on this board. And ours are probably cheaper. :)

Well, I was curious about these, so I bought one at Walmart last night. I burned it today, and I wasn't really impressed. I get a better hot throw burning my own tarts then I did with the one that came in the package (rose & vanilla scent). I got a coupon for some refills, maybe I'll try another scent for the heck of it! :)