I wish suppliers would...

I wish they would give us more shipping options. Most only use UPS, a few will send USPS. My son recently sold a motor part on ebay and I went to ship it for him, the place I went to does UPS and Fedex, Fedex shipping was $30.00 cheaper than UPS. I wish the suppliers would use ALL of the shipping services and send the cheapest way to that area!!! OK, ranting is over now.

I agree. I love that JS now offers Fedex. They are cheaper than UPS for me, especially since I'm not buying enough to get hundred weight pricing. I also wish suppliers would offer USPS on small packages, like JS and BCN do. I do not want to order wicks and pay $8 in shipping, when Priority mail would be half that. I feel your pain, lol :)

I agree, I am based in Ireland and the shipping often is as much as the products. I am sure there are cheaper options but they are not offered by most online suppliers

Conor:mad:

Yeah, that would be nice, because wicks are most economically sent by postal service, while waxes are most economically sent by fedex ground. I think the reason they do not do this is because they have an account with a certain carrier and it would be a hassle if they had to send it a different way, and also may more expensive for them if they have multiple accounts.

Some suppliers will ship other ways, just ask. I asked one supplier and they said we normally only ship UPS but we will ship Fed EX but by because we don't normally use them your order will take 1-2 days extra because we will have to scheduel a pick-up.

Ooh, I agree! I don't know if it costs the suppliers extra or what, but I've noticed that even places that ship wax don't always offer that hundred weight discount with UPS.

I wouldn't order from a place that won't adjust for hundred weight. There are plenty of other suppliers who will.

I agree too, I've deleted my cart many times when I saw the shipping quote. At least if they give you the options you feel you have some sort of choice, even if the price isn't a big difference, although it usually is. I was so upset when BCN quit using FedEx, there wasn't a big savings with FedEx, but my package was always here at least 3 days sooner than with UPS.

I agree with all your frustration. I recently ordered from Candlescience and never will again. They first said they would ship Priority Post but then sent it UPS. Here in Canada, UPS costs a fortune as they charge crazy brokerage fees. I paid $49 brokerage on $150 worth of product, this is on top of shipping. The postal service would have charged me $5 brokerage. So, if they won't ship postal, I now tell them to cancel my order.

Janette

I agree with all your frustration. I recently ordered from Candlescience and never will again. They first said they would ship Priority Post but then sent it UPS. Here in Canada, UPS costs a fortune as they charge crazy brokerage fees. I paid $49 brokerage on $150 worth of product, this is on top of shipping. The postal service would have charged me $5 brokerage. So, if they won't ship postal, I now tell them to cancel my order.

Janette

So what did the guys at CandleScience say when you told them about the shipping mix up?

donna

I agree... I ordered some stuff from Peaks. Finally came in today, the only problem is it didn't show up until after 7pm. I called around 6:30 to find out how late they deliver and the woman told me they have until 9pm(10pm in some areas) to make the deliveries...Unfortunately I work very early in the mornings and am in bed by then...Just frustrating. Heh sorry if I'm rambling.

I think it depends on where you live. For me UPS shipments generally come faster than Fedex. But if I could get lower shipping by having the supplier use Fedex, I don't mind waiting a few extra days. After all, the supplies aren't going to go bad if they are travelling for a few more days, and neither do I wait until the last minute when I need it before ordering.

Given the choice between UPS and FedEx Ground, I will always choose UPS. FedEx Ground is actually a different company than widely known FedEx Express.

FedEx Ground is an independant contrator based company with different CEOs and presidents. They use different warehouses, drivers, and trucks than the normal FedEx Express. FedEx Ground is Pittsburgh-based, used to be called RPS, which is/was a subsidary of Roadway Express Inc. Though FedEx Express does own FedEx Ground, it is not ran by them. FedEx Express only collects a portion of the profits.

Important stuff to know when you need to file a damage claim, attempt to contact customer service, or deal with the company in any way. (Which is a pain in the ass IMO).

Hmm, that's interesting to learn, that fedex ground is separate from the original federal express. The way fedex ground packages are routed to my home makes it take longer than ups. One time, the box made it almost all the way here, then due to some glitch in their system, got sent to New Jersey, so I had to wait all over again, which didn't leave me too impressed.

I always choose UPS over FedEx. UPS delivers from Oakland the day they get it there (more than 40 miles away) and FedEx has a site less that 20 miles away but it takes them at least a whole day if not longer to get the package from there to me. FedEx also delivers weird hours, all over the map, and several different trucks can be seen in my nieghborhood daily, where UPS I know the driver and he is in my area at 11am everyday.

I really do wish more suppliers would jump on the flatrate boxes though especially for the little stuff like fo samplers and wicks.

Sami

Wow I always liked UPS the best but I haven't got enough experience with FedEx for some reason. But the USPS sucks down here. EVERYTHING is screwed up from the hurricane. All those New Orleans people are living elsewhere, Baton Rouge (I live just outside of BR) mainly and it's so confusing for the mail carriers.

I worked in a shipping department for a linen factory here where I live, and I can tell you they made money off the shipping with ups. some suppliers tell you straight up that they don't, but I will be willing to bet most of them do make an extra couple of bucks with every order.