Just Scent Changes

awnl

Just an FYI for those that shop Just Scent... the changes are starting with a new website design. Take a minute to get use to the site and don't forget, you'll need to reset your password too.

45 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

They have been assimilated into the  WSP website suite. Sigh .

save on citric and make your own.buzz (the other two acquisitions) have not yet. Wonder when?

Right ? I just took a look & literally thought that I mistakenly went to WSP for a sec

4 minutes ago, Karen Ov said:

Wow..They seem a little more expensive.. 

I just checked my regular oils and they're still same price. I just pray they keep the same formula. I'd hate to start looking for new oils right now

• Like 1

I was looking at a bunch of oils yesterday right when the migration happened (you know...I needed one oil so I was putting about 20 into my cart.  😄 ).  I still had about 15 oils open in my browser, so I saved copies of those pages.  I just checked all of them on the new site.  One of them went up by a dollar for the 4 oz bottle, but the rest are the same price (at least, for the 4 oz and 16 oz...the old site didn't list the sample price on the page.)  So if they did raise prices, at least they didn't do it across the board.

1 hour ago, CLVC said:

I just pray they keep the same formula.

Yeah.  Luckily I'm pretty well set for my JS favorites, but there's still one I need to stock up on.

Edited by BenderSF
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:44 PM, BenderSF said:

I was looking at a bunch of oils yesterday right when the migration happened (you know...I needed one oil so I was putting about 20 into my cart.  😄 ).  I still had about 15 oils open in my browser, so I saved copies of those pages.  I just checked all of them on the new site.  One of them went up by a dollar for the 4 oz bottle, but the rest are the same price (at least, for the 4 oz and 16 oz...the old site didn't list the sample price on the page.)  So if they did raise prices, at least they didn't do it across the board.

Yeah.  Luckily I'm pretty well set for my JS favorites, but there's still one I need to stock up on.

What are your favorites from JS? I have quite a few of hers but need to downsize but always looking for oils to buy!

21 hours ago, Belinda said:

What are your favorites from JS? I have quite a few of hers but need to downsize but always looking for oils to buy!

@Belinda

"... need to downsize but always looking for oils to buy!"  Hahahaha, yeah, I'm in the same boat! 😄

I've tried about 100 from JS (many from recommendations in this forum.)  These are my favorites (so far....):

• Aspen Caramel Woods - this, Vanilla Birch and Wild Madagascar Vanilla are all kind of similar to my nose...Wild Madagascar Vanilla the mellowest, Vanilla Birch the "sharpest" and Aspen Caramel Woods right in the middle
  • Avocado and Sea Salt
  • Beach Flowers - great Yankee dupe, but was discontinued a while ago.
  • Beach Wood - also a great Yankee dupe, but hard to get right...the oil is SO much stronger than the original, and this scent just works better (for me) when it's on the subtle side.
  • Black Cedarwood and Juniper
  • Boardwalk Taffy - just got this one but I'm really liking it so far.  This, Summer Boardwalk and Dumbo Snacks are all in the same family but this will probably be my new favorite out of them.  (Salt Water Taffy is probably in that family too...I have a test candle curing but I haven't burned it yet, but I don't think that's going to be a favorite.)
  • Bourbon Pumpkin - this is the same or really really close to Lonestar's Drunken Punkin
  • Bye Bye Summer - very similar to Warm and Toasty but I think I like this one a little more
  • Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - their Buttery Brown Sugar is along the same line
  • Christmas Wish - bought this on a whim, I never thought pine and vanilla would go well together but this is amazing
  • Cider Donut - I don't really get cider or apple notes, but I love this
  • Cider Lane - great B&BW dupe
  • Coconut Shortbread Cookies
  • Cornbread Muffins
  • English Oak and Hazelnut - sadly discontinued.  In the same family as their Black Cedarwood and Juniper, but different enough.
  • Grilled Peaches and Pecans - also discontinued.  Really bizarre scent, but I really grew to love it.  Their Brown Sugar Pecan has some similar notes (must be the pecan part), but I'm not a huge fan of that one.
  • Pretzel - really smells like a fresh, hot soft pretzel. nice and salty
  • Pumpkin Dulce - discontinued
  • Pumpkin Firewood - I don't get pumpkin from this
  • Tiki Beach - great dupe of an old B&BW home fragrance oil
  • Wild Madagascar Vanilla
  • Like 1

@BenderSF, thank you for the recommendations! I haven't tried most from your list. The ones I have tried are Aspen Caramel Woods, Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, Christmas Wish (I love this one too!), and Cornbread muffins, which I haven't put in wax.

I'm more of a bakery person but I really need to quit buying so many bakery scents since they don't sell well for me. Maybe one day when I branch out they will. I sure hope so since that's what I like to pour LOL! A lot of my customers like masculine scents or leather and leather blends which I don't care for with the exception of a couple.

I really hate the way WSP has messed up JS website. I always loved going to her site. It was just so inviting and drew me right in.