Performed a system upgrade and now the colors are weird

TallTayl

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

I noticed. Good luck working it out. I am not fond of the new look myself but at least it is easy to read. Just a bit weird looking.

it is super frustrating. Nothing is working as it should. I'll keep plugging along though. 😃

• Like 1

I take that back. After spending a few minutes on the board I am finding other problems. The top right notifications/messages section is unreadable. I can only find it if I move my curser over it. Otherwise you can't see it. Plus, if you have multiple notifications or messages once you click on it the number indicator then becomes unreadable. Well it did before, but since you can't see this section you have to move your curser over it to find it so you can click on the rest of your messages. Hope that makes sense.

22 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Color scheme is a bit easier on the eye with the exception that the heading title "Craft Server" is really hard to read. 

What is weird is I made changes yesterday and none of them showed up until today on my devices.  I have no idea why, since I rolled it all back. Will need to poke around again and wait and wait until they show up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdcharm said:

I think the background must be dirt bikers or paint gunners, I can't be sure, but if you look at the bottom of the front page, there is a part of an image there, I'm not sure what that's about.  How frustrating, sorry it's giving you troubles.

I bought a new theme to try to work around the horror show, lol. There is no place to get rid of the robots that I can find anywhere.  It would help loads if it would update as I make changes to understand all the settings. 

On 8/18/2020 at 1:57 PM, TallTayl said:

I'm investigating why the templates, and settings are not working properly. They won't respond even when keying the color codes manually.  

Enjoy your day!

Yeah, I was just like WHEEEEYOW! whut thu... uh, soap? 

• Haha 1

Sounds like their is something in the system that posts updates after 24 hours. Maybe there is also a setting that can be changed for updates so they are immediate instead of 24 hours? It is nice to see you can put a background pic on the site. 

Edited by Candybee

56 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Sounds like their is something in the system that posts updates after 24 hours. Maybe there is also a setting that can be changed for updates so they are immediate instead of 24 hours? It is nice to see you can put a background pic on the site. 

Might just be how the web stuff propagates across the many cached servers.  Not sure.  I do not have access to a test system, so we fly half blindfolded most of the time and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, TallPineCandles said:

This is what I see when I logged on...Also it will not let me post a "New" topic question.

Screenshot (140).png

It must still be propagating.  I see the edits in the editor fine, but the same generic as you.

let me try to set it to the robots until the back end inter webs stuff sorts itself. 

Even if its propagating when you make edits to a site and click on publish they should show up right away not in 24 hrs. That is for old school sites. When I publish my editing on my website I see the changes immediately. On my old, old, old website it had to propagate. Haven't seen that in many years.

7 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Even if its propagating when you make edits to a site and click on publish they should show up right away not in 24 hrs. That is for old school sites. When I publish my editing on my website I see the changes immediately. On my old, old, old website it had to propagate. Haven't seen that in many years.

You have never dealt with forum software I take it. The system is so intertwined and fragile nothing works like a common small hosted website service. Even Etsy takes sometimes 24 hours to make a new listing visible. I have had word press theme changes take 24 + hours to repropagate, and often your computer or device has cacheing which delays things until it clears or is manually cleared. 

the other thing to consider is when major forum upgrades happen like this required one, they often come with their own set of NEW broken things in the patches that require me to perform multiple additional update patches to fix. You guys just don’t see how often I need to do them to keep things running...  this board has a LOT of old baggage that needs continuous patching. If I had a Nike per hour I would be rich, lol

• Like 1

The things you learn as you are under water...

The new forum version template downloaded from the forum marketplace had issues. Downloaded a new updated copy this morning and learned that this particular forum upgrade broke something in basic and fundamental in themes.  In order for any template change to be "live" it has to be made in a fresh template that has not yet been used on the forum. If I change any single thing it has to be in a fresh copy of the base template with a new name and new resources on the forum. 

If your laptop type device does not show a golden candle background refresh, and maybe clear your cache.

Mobile devices do not show the backgrounds. The header color is some golden color on mine.

I am going to leave it with the new golden candle background for the time being as I decompress my brain. It looks like the drop down menus are colorizing correctly now instead of being transparent. 

Enjoy your day My Candleistas.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CandleRush said:

Looks great! 🌸

Thank you ❤️

this is pushing me so far out of my comfort zone I need to set a new zone. Have been wanting to do some big updates for so long, but was paralyzed out of fear about making a mistake in the fragile innards and ruining what we already have. Now... why not try? We have a lot to gain from trying.