New Trappeur's Lodge Label

Trappeur

Years and years and years ago I painted a pine tree for my own custom label design when I first started making candles.   I thought I lost the design and just now found it on a camera disc....I can't believe after all these years I had this design which I always loved....so now I have made up a design incorporating the pine tree into the label and have come up with this which to me I tried to make simple and clean.    I'm ordering these labels this evening but can't make up my mind where my tag line of "Outfitters of Candlelight in Rustic Elegance" should go....either on the top of the label or the bottom?   Could I get some feedback from all you talented chandlers out there please?   Thanks............Trappeur

573641955_Trappeurslodgenewlabel1withpinetree.thumb.jpg.cad368561aaffa59803be30e702fd830.jpg

129948151_Trappeurslodgenewlabel2withpinetree.thumb.jpg.aa5914595032334ca4607ad50ed92e8c.jpg

THIS ROUND LABEL WILL GO ON THE TINS...........................

1394508219_Trappeurslodgenewlabel3withpinetreefortin.thumb.jpg.42f0f5c640d2fc66c7c1dbfdf360db1e.jpg

• Like 2

Here's the reason I like the first one: your name and tag line are together. When you separate them with the scent & candle name in the middle it appears like its the tag line for that and not the company. Look at them again and you will see what I mean. Also, it can be confusing to a customer IMO.

Wanted to add in most cases you want to use as few fonts as possible for a label. But I do think that your company font and tag line should be distinctive to your company and used as a branding/logo on every label for every candle of every candle line you do. You don't need to match the candle line & name with the same fonts, those can be and in this case I would make them a separate font(s) from your company branding fonts. That way customers will recognize your brand name and see that this or that candle is a camp line or a store line of candles. Hope that makes sense.

Or another way to think of it is imagine you had an ink stamper with your company name & tagline on it and stamped all your labels, letterhead, boxes, envelopes, business cards, brochures, flyers, etc. with it. It becomes your logo/branding. All your products and promotional materials would have the same logo/branding on them like any other company you can think of. Would Disney have different fonts for all their merchandise? No, they have a distinct logo, mouse ears and a distinct font for the word "Disney". Its their branding, you'd know it anywhere.

So, think of it as making a label for your camp line with your logo/branding on it.

Sorry, didn't mean to do a lecture on it. It looks beautiful but needs that bit of clarity. JMO

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

First off, the tree is absolutely ADORABLE and fits the whole "feel" of the label.  I agree with Candy and Sarah.  I always put my scent at the bottom of the label, whether it's my safety labels on the bottom of the jars, my wax melts, and now my soaps.  You want a consistent font for the scents - big and bold enough to pull the eye downward.  I always tend away from scrolled fonts but your logo certainly works.  Awesome design and you must be thrilled to have found that tree!

Thankyou everyone for #1 suggestion.....That was my choice too.    

And thankyou Candybee which WAS NOT  a lecture on the reasons behind for that label.   I agree whole heartedly with what you said...

I did order the labels and they will be here this week...

Trappeur